It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Provinces key to EU trade deal, Quebec Premier says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Provinces key to EU trade deal, Quebec Premier says

www.theglobeandmail.com

NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONT. -- Canada's premiers will play a pivotal role in the country's efforts to integrate its economy with the 27 nations of the European Union, Quebec Premier Jean Charest says.

Preliminary talks between Canadian and European officials will begin on Oct. 17 at a summit in Montreal. The provinces' role in the negotiations will be instrumental to the fate of the proposed massive agreement because it involves issues that primarily fall under their jurisdiction, Mr. Charest
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I understand that EU would buy our lumber and grains for more money, and also would buy finished lumber.

I dont think I am quite sure what I think of this.
I see the good points but I hope there isn't any loss of soverignty that accompanies this initiative.

The canadian economy has been pretty good here, but many customers do have alot of american clients.

Those type of companies are panicking at the moment.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the West should concentrate on Asia and the East should concentrate on Europe. It would make sense. Asia tends to needs more raw resources, which the west has plenty of, and Europe likes the finished products which the East has the manufacturing capacity for.

join