It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

low level streaks of light. What are they?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have. I saw it tonight around 8:15pm. It was just as you described, very low - about 100ft up, 2-3 meters in length, it was incredibly fast, split second fast. The color was white with a slight shine/glow to it. It was something, not a bird, not a plane, not a satellite, not superman, not ironman. Made no sound at all.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
I might have to do a bit more digging to get to the bottom of it because I am 100% certain of the height and the brightness - but the brightness was no where in comparison to the sun. More like a extremely bright flair.

That kind of brightness is perfectly normal. As for the height, this link that I posted before explains why they can appear to be so low. Lots of people including myself have experienced this same effect, and it's no more than an optical illusion - our eyes are easily fooled where distance and astronomical objects are involved.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

I'm sorry, I completely missed that reply you posted in all the excitement the other night!

Glad I could help

No luck catching any fragments for me the other night, but I'm sure there will be more similar opportunities

Incidentally, here's some footage of a grazer captured this September that was posted on the web recently by researchers from Finland. It's an ".mp4" so you'll need Quicktime installed to play it, but it's worth it as footage of grazers is pretty rare.
www.horseheadobservatory.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Has anyone else seen streaks of light fly by them?
On a few occasions i have seen something that whizzes just above (50-100ft) and in front of me. They appear to be a brightly lit object with a trail.
They pass incredibly fast and horizontal and make no sound. Each time it was at night.
Have you seen them, or know what they are?

I have had streaks of light fly past me but I don't think it was what you are referring to. As a teenager (many moons ago) I wrote a lot of poetry that was probably channelled through me, sentence by sentence as I wrote very intently and focussed on what the next line would be..... it was at these times that I would be surrounded by zooming flashes of white lights shooting every which way around me... the largest being about an inch in diameter. They were much closer than you describe, inches. I have no idea what they were.

I've got to add though... Tonight, my brother and I had the fortune of witnessing an extremely bright, large light (-2 magnitude) glide across the heavens above us as we stood outside... it didn't make a sound or leave a streak... it was (I found out afterward) the International Space Station. Wow! What an experience that was! To see it like that, by chance, was thrilling!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join