It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Lose a War Peacefully & Quietly...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is how you do everything necessary to provoke an international reaction, and then diplomatically 'give up'.

I have long thought of Pakistan as a potential target of the war against terrorism. Their actions by selling nuclear technologies to 'third world' countries has been well documented, and eventually admitted by the country's leader.
Their local rival, India, and Pakistan have been playing with the nukes in a mini cold-war. This has been well documented.
This has been going on for possibly over 15 years.

In steps the post 911 efforts. With the US military in control of Afghanistan, and Iraq all but mopped up, the focus returns to the hunt for Osama. Or has it?

(Since Osama hasnt been found, I will ignore him for a moment, but will still refer to him in reference only.)

So in the US push for the apparent hunt for Osama, a US military front is forming on the Afghani side of the Pakistani border. This front is making a push for the border.
Pakistan has a portion of their armies on their side of the same border. Of course fighting is going on now. Allegedly to get the number two man of Osama.

Pakistan has also made statements such as,...
www.jang.com.pk...
"Our missile programme is for defence purposes only. The decision to test-fire long-range missiles was taken at the last meeting of the National Command Authority. We have a plan and a time-table for testing long range missiles," said Foreign Minister Khurshid M Kasuri, while addressing a joint press conference with his Palestinian counterpart, Farouk Kaddoumi. However, Kasuri declined to specify when the missile would be tested, or what was its exact range.

So what exactly just happened here ??

Excluding Osama, it appears that two different countries assembled their armies at opposing sides of the border.

And then BAM....

A complete change of scenario as proclaimed to the US from CNN.(and other's).
Read on and notice the total different tone of all the comments here...
Pakistan to be non-NATO ally
Pakistan will be named a major non-NATO ally by the United States, making it easier for the country to acquire U.S. arms, despite U.S. unease about how much officials knew of nuclear leaks by a Pakistani scientist.

The move appeared to be a gesture to recognize Musharraf's support for the U.S.-led war on terrorism and it came despite Powell's demand for a full accounting on Khan, who has admitted selling nuclear arms secrets to Iran, Libya and North Korea.

"We'll designate Pakistan as a major non-NATO ally for purposes of our future military-to-military relations," Powell told a news conference in the capital, Islamabad. The status is also enjoyed by Australia, Bahrain, Israel, and South Korea.

As a major non-NATO ally, Pakistan could use U.S. funding to lease some defense items and would become eligible for loans of military supplies for research and development projects.

It would also become eligible to buy depleted uranium ammunition, to have U.S.-owned military stockpiles on its territory outside U.S. bases and to receive U.S. military training on easier financial terms.

Many in Pakistan have not forgiven United States for refusing to deliver 28 F-16 fighters in the 1990s because of worry over Pakistan's nuclear program. The planes had been paid for, but it took eight years for the money to be refunded.

Powell said Pakistan's request to buy more F-16's did not come up in his talks, wiping his brow in mock relief.

(Mock Releif,...really ?!
Was Colen Powell really that worried that Pakistan was going to 'require' some
retribution for the F-16 charade to make the deal?)

India, Pakistan's long-standing rival, opposes the sale of F-16s to Pakistan and the decision to grant Islamabad major non-NATO ally status could trouble New Delhi, which does not have that status although it has growing military contacts with Washington as part of their overall "strategic partnership."

You and I both know otherwise.

India is a segment of the US economy now, as outsourcing is driving productivity numbers of corporations.
They are of no concern to the US military (Federal Reserve).

Notice how, money is THE issue ?!

Some Loans maybe ? Some Dollarization ?
Get them in debt, get them to sign a SOFA agreement, get the US army off the border, and you have control for life, of the puppet government that Pakistan is becoming.

Pakistan HAS been invaded. Pakistan WAS next on the list. A little posturing by both sides, and then the surrender. Now the loans, (which will be paid back in USD) have the same effect of a bank owning your future becouse you wanted a house or car or credit card.

Musharraf made a honest effort at posturing for the purpose of appeasing the Pakistani citizens, and now a US puppet government will be less likely rejected by the populations there.

But they lost the war of currencies, as now the countries needs to maintain USD supplies will make it unlikely that Pakistan will easily transit to a Euro-Petro-Dollar.

Now I have to look beyond, to discover where the 4th Currency Invasion will occur, as I only see one end to the effort.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
After checking the charts I find it real interesting that the last run-up of Gold to $420 coincides with the date of the Pakistan agreement with the US. Although the Euro and USD seem to have broken away from tracking gold's movements, I suspect this is temporary, and the tracking as well as the trends will eventually fall back in place and continue. Maybe Gold's 'independent' rally is a result of negative world sentiment on global economy's near-term outlook.

Gold Chart

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
nice post, but am I right that you think this has negative implications?

Because I would think that if both Pakistan and India are our allys it would make diverting a potential nuke war much more simple which can only be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The nuke thing will never happen there IMHO.

A post I made awhile back, amungst others, indicate the reasons I suggested then.....and still believe now.

Code ORANGE,..& the next war,..the next country.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It seems things are warming up in Pakistan today.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP)

And GEE....No Suprise here !..

Brig. Mahmood Shah, chief of security in Pakistan's tribal areas, acknowledged Thursday that some terrorists might have escaped at the start of the operation.

Footage on Pakistani television showed an underground tunnel - said by officials to run for one mile between mud-brick fortresses - that may have provided an escape route for some of the militants when the operation began near the region's main town of Wana on March 16.

But it seems there may still be some resistance from within...

On Thursday, a tape purportedly recorded by al-Zawahri called Musharraf a traitor and called for a military uprising.

And others ?...

Opposition leaders called President Gen. Pervez Musharraf's 10-day counterterrorism sweep in South Waziristan - a tribal area bordering Afghanistan - an attempt to please President Bush at the expense of Pakistan's national interest.

Earlier, opposition lawmakers let loose a tirade against Musharraf's government, accusing it of fighting a military campaign on home soil at the behest of Washington.

"We have plunged into such a war which has no end," said Qazi Hussain Ahmed, the leader of the hard-line religious coalition Mutahida Majlis-e-Amal, which holds power in the North West Frontier Province where the tribal areas are located. "The whole country is in the grip of uncertainty," he said.

The opposition does not yet represent a serious political challenge to Musharraf, who took power in 1999 in a bloodless military coup. But it does reflect widespread anger in the conservative region about the Wana operation and growing unease across Pakistan about his support for the U.S.-led war on terror.

I am wondering if this is where the SOFA comes into play? Some US occupation may be needed to 'stabilize' the area.

top topics

join