It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 7th: A Date To Remember!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
With all the speculation about if or if not something catastrophic is going to take place tommorrow, and just how catastrophic that event may be.... Can i please take time to remind everyone about another famous event on the same date....

October 7th 1967.

Che Guevara is captured with the help of an american government organisation... the C I of A.

Two days later he was executed.

A Revolutionary who thought for his ideas and beliefs, who saw us poor and working class as people and not as simply collateral on the quest to form a New World Order.

Maybe if we had more people like him the world would'nt be the sorry state of affairs as it is today.

So as we all sit tomorrow anticipating or fearing the great catastrophe to come.... Let us all remember Ernesto... If only to pass the time.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If just a fraction of what has been predicted for tomorrow comes to pass, all mankind will remember October 7 2008 forever, unlike the same date 1967.

Personally I think the odds for a big economic crash looks pretty likely right about now.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I can't remember that date, for it has not happened yet. I can anticipate it though.

Inner-narrative: "oh, October 7th, 2008...you are just a day away, for us, and for someone else in like China or something, you are already there, hopefully that person will remember and post their thoughts so I can add my own once the day passes."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Totally Agree on the economic crash. Its the prediction that itl be more intense than 9/11 that is tinkering me. I mean we all remember how intense taht was, interrupted Tv ect... How can it be any worse? What exactly will happen? The only other times since I can remember broadcasts being replaced by live feeds in the london bombings and the Benazir Bhutto attacks.

Im Nervous....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

i'm pretty sure che would have said that the fact that most of us owns a computer means we are not the working class. don't take that wrong, che himself wasn't exactly from a poor back-round, nor are most revolutionaries in fact, all i mean is that perhaps we should be realistic about the struggle we may face and realistic about our motivations in taking it up, should we do so, and about what our role is exactly.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Point taken and in reply i agree with whatt you're saying. The view i take is the fact that the majority of us do own a computer, and heres the cheesy part, we can all vant our inner 'Che's'.

In that sense i mean that I believe we all have a role to play in the coming difficulties, and with the internet pheneomenom we can all contribute. I believe the world does need serious change, or a 'Revolution', but this time we won't be looking to one man for guidance but to each other.

The man is an inspiration to me and i only wish i could touch the hearts of many as he once did.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There's a lot of people going to look incredibly stupid and gullible tomorrow evening when absolutely nothing happens! Some people just don't learn. . .

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The thing is as the dates tomorrow, its interesting and easy just to wait and see. If nothing happens nothing happens, there will be no embarassment on my part, just curiosity whether or not this 'Web Bot' can predict major world events. It may be the fact that we are essentially talking ourselves into it that the event may actually take place.

All i know is that if there is a major event, and i mean like interrupted broadcasts etc. then i will find myself waiting for the next predictions to happen. Im just checking if im above sea level or if i should move to tibet.....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Two years on and we are still talking of seeing an even bigger crash, this year it is most probably in the next few weeks at the G20.

Still worth remembering Che on a day like today though.

new topics

top topics

join