It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Religion , All Religions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Will try to post more, have been documenting for about two years.where do I get it from? Wish I knew. From above. Probably just crazy. but that's what I'm here to get a general feel on. what do you think??? Praise be to lord god almighty "_____" forever and ever amen.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
Ok sorry then I misunderstood your statement for sarcasm. In balcans war there were clashes between Croatians who were catholics, some Bosnian muslims and Serbs that are orthodox so they would hate each others common difference I guess. But that was long time ago and I don't like those going in war for some religion either.

Yeah, it really sucked. I was in stationed in germany(Njemacka) at the time, and had my leave cancelled to Gospic because of that crappy war. Our relatives were constantly calling us, and I would send clothes and money and stuff to them.

The balkans have always been a hotbed. Tito just suppressed it for a while.

Zivila Hrvatska!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In the original post you claim Buddha is a god. Buddhism is not based on any kind of god, it is based on finding inner peace within oneself. How is that anything to do with the rule of extraterrestrials? The original man Buddha was just a guy who meditated alot, and found a group of others who liked to do detox style things along with him.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by minimi]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You are right minimi, Buddhism is not a religion, because Bhuddists do not worship any Gods. The buddha is a state all Buddhists are trying to achieve. Buddhism is a way of life.

There are many branches of Buddhism, the Japanese follow Zen Buddhism, among others, which aknownledges that all humans being have a right to defend themselves (martial arts). There are many branches of this way of life, and in some of those branches the original teachings were kind of forgotten, but the Buddha himself said there were many different beings in the universe, some spiritual and some physical.

The Dalai Lama himself has said that the Buddhist scriptures speak of innumerable worlds and planets where sentient life exists.

He was asked if he ahd ever encountered any aliens, he said no and that he didn't know anyone that remembers a life on another planet, but he is certain that they exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I accidently deleted the U2U... but not until after writing down the information. Just wanted to say it's been sent!

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm still suprised to see strife over music and ceremony in churches. I think each style suits a different person. But what we need to remember is that music and ceremony should *never* be about what makes us feel good or get that "Jesus high" that we all want. Worship is NOT about us. It is about giving glory to the Lord Almighty!

If culturally or personally giving glory to God is in the form of gregorian chants, southern gospel hootin', a Michael W. Smith song, a mosh pit, a 15th century hymn, or a time of silent worship as the Quakers do, then amen to that! He deserves all our worship in what ways we see most fit.

But worship is not just singing. As we can learn from 1) the Bible, 2) the saints, and 3) personal experience, worship is a state of mind. I can worship God by being in awe of a sunset or a tree, by serving and loving others, by enjoying a simple meal, by reading the Word, by doing my job or studies, or by meditating.

The simple truth is, worship is a condition of the heart, not of cultural ritual.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
In the original post you claim Buddha is a god. Buddhism is not based on any kind of god, it is based on finding inner peace within oneself. How is that anything to do with the rule of extraterrestrials? The original man Buddha was just a guy who meditated alot, and found a group of others who liked to do detox style things along with him.

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by minimi]

GOOD EYE!!! I hadn't thought on that, my bad. So I guess the correct statement would be that all religions that have a "god" or "angels" or talk of "from above" or the "heavens" or "stars" all I believe were based on the same beings, "aliens" or possibly numerous races of "aliens". though I believe all good natured religions were influenced by them as throughout history man has tryed to behave in a manner they think would be pleasing to the "perfect" being, and therefore all models of self building, self aware, self advancement, and attempts at self perfection, in any given religion are in a way connected, even without the DIRECT mention of god or angels.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is anyone else here totally excited by all this talk of "bouncing sluts" and "lively music" ??

Let's face it, the Catholic Church (but not necessarily individual practicing Catholics) has no room to point fingers at any other religion.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
forget religion, follow belief!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   

There is no need for expensive clothes and suits. As long as one does not attract attention and body is politely covered it is okay.
When some woman dresses like slut, males will pay attention to her, probably priest too (priest's sin is much greater as he is supposed to be servant of God).. it all leads to lust, and lust is sin.

When you sin you won't receive help from God, Holy Spirit, you wont be able to pray. Without praying you won't be able to stay away from sin.

Like domino effect one will not be able to unite with God and he will sin even more, wont pray etc. and eventually might go to hell where he will be burned for eternity.
Some sounds from hell which i found here - interesting page.

As for music. My personal preference is no music at all.. or something peaceful and common for previous centuries.
Lively and annoying music prevents uniting with body of Christ and inner life with Jesus.
For example, many of saints would have conversations with God in inner levels of mind, especially after communion, they would be in different state of awareness with knowledge, gifts given by Holy Spirit.

How would you accomplish that with loud music and bouncing sluts all around you?

I experienced state of being in God's grace for some time, it is impossible to describe exactly, but when you are close to Jesus, it is magical what happens inside of you. I haven't been able to come close to him last 3-4 months for some reasons but I am progressing.
But anyhow I hope this answers some questions. I usually don't go through such threads because there are usually some 3-4 people wanting to kill me after

Hi MegaSquad

Check out this Web Page ... What the Hell is Hell!?

And This One ... Mike Williams

And One More right here ... Tentmaker

Really helped me in my walk to see the light and get me to the place i'm now at.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Just for myself and some friends, which shows with connecting links and examples, how all the world's religions are connected, and can be traced to ancient Sumer.

You may have a bit of a problem with that when you hit the Japanese religions or the shamanistic-based religions of the Russian peninsula and the Americans. There are tribes today (such as the Dani in New Guinea) who practice anamistic religions that have no relation to the Sumerian religions.

In fact, it's believed by researchers that the chain goes the other way: there is a belief in the supernatural and that al things have a "life force"-- this is then translated into spirits that one can control (by worship or magic) and that eventually becomes a formalized system with priests rather than shamans ... and that's where the Sumerian religion arose.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

So you are alledging that there is some sort of inherent evil with prostestantism?

I am catholic therefore I believe so.
I have no problem with anyone being protestant, but I don't want catholicism being protestantism.
I stopped going to mass to this big, major churches, I go to small ones where they don't play Satanic loud music and where lay persons don't give communion, or women dress like sluts... It is becoming satan's sinagogue.

What the heck are you talking about??? Are you a fundamentalist? First you say that you think protestants are evil because you are catholic. Then you say that you have no problem with them. Which means you have no problem with evil I presume. Then you tell us how you stopped going to church because of it turning evil or something...which means you do have problems with evil. So what exactly are you talking about.

[Edited on 4/13/2004 by Seapeople]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join