It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's New Name

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
II wish I could explain better. Whoever said would be difficult to discuss was right. I have documents, may try to scan and post later. What's in the blank??? ANYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE, EVERYTHING, GOD.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

do I have to say more?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My name has been mistranslated in numerous ancient texts as "Guy who sits around all day and plays video games", but, in fact it is intended to read as "Guy who sits around all day and plays video games and posts meaningless crap in meaningless forums full of angry people calling other people idiots, while themselves misspelling very simple words and maintaining a political stance based solely on the opposition of a single leader".

I guess. It might actually mean "Steve".

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but it sounds like he is referring to the difference between "God", or the "Lord GOD", and the "LORD of hosts" or "LORD God". It seems like they are used in reference to different types of beings. For instance, it is always the LORD who interacts with and punishes the humans (see Isaiah for one example). Another place where this stands out is in Genesis. In the first chapter of Genesis you read:

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

But then if you continue to read a bit further, you come to Chapter 2. For some reason the author deems it necessary to repeat almost the same story as in Chapter 1, but with some curious differences.

The first noticeable difference is that "God" has changed to the "LORD God",

Genesis 2:4 These [are] the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and [there was] not a man to till the ground.
Genesis 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

It seems like maybe "God" or "Lord GOD" is just that, an infinite God that makes up the essence of everything that is. It also gives the impression that maybe the "LORD God", or "LORD of hosts, is talking about a lesser god, possibly an Annunaki type alien, that set itself up to be worshipped as a personal God. ( i.e., Exodus 6:6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I [am] the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:
Exodus 6:7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.)

by ESHART2
"infinite?" --- "anything", "everything", "nothing". Can't be spoken in any language known to humans, only WRITTEN. In gods language there are distinct differences between "the Spirit?" (god), and "the LORD?" (angels, or aliens), and "Zion? Eden?" (the kingdom of heaven).

I don't know if this is, at all, what ESHART2 was eluding to, but it is all I could make of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Why the title for the thread, "Gods new name"?
When you know there is nothing knew under the sun?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
STFU NOOB!!!...I just felt like saying that, now...what the hell is going on?

I keep typing n o o b, and it says new user...damn thats dumb

[Edited on 3/25/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
just been reading through here and i wanna no what the creator of this was smoking when writting this
it sounds really interesting, but no links = lies in my book

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
THE lord of hosts. good, they are so called aliens. They live here THROUGH US. we are the hosts, they are the host of hosts. they are united as one by "mind link" and united with the true lord "_____". they are part of true god, as are we though much less aware. As to why the new name. It is an old name. OLDER than any name in human history, for as soon as man uttered a "word" it was and is. The bible states: In the beggining god was the word, and the word was god. NEW NAME? to us maybe, to our UNDERSTANDING. God is a human word. "_____" is a godly word. ANY one that prays with THOUGHTS as well as voice, or instead of voice IS ALREADY PRAYING TO THE TRUE LORD. think of the "host of hosts" as a go-between. they speak the language of god. As do we, yet we do not do well at HEARING as we do at speaking it. It is natural to "speak" the language of the lord, if you live he hears you. We need to work on HEARING.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I do not know about a new name, but the translated word from which Christians got the name God is Elohim, which is masculine plural. In Hebrew the plural form of a noun ends with "im" or "ot". The singular word in hebrew is Eloah, but it is also femenine.

The translation should have been Gods instead of God.
Haven't anyone ever wondered why genesis was translated.

"And God said, Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness...."

it should have been "..and the Gods said, Let "us" make man in "our" image, after "our" likeness...."

Many scholars have tried to explain this away still believing there is only one God when in true in ancient Canaan they had a "pantheon" of deities, the heads of the family always choose which of the Elohim they wanted to worship. In the case of Abraham he choose a god called El from the celestial Elohim.

"Etymology
The etymology of the word Elohim is prehistoric, and therefore unknown. There are many theories, however, including the following:
Some trace its origin in el or ul which may mean ("to be strong") or possibly ("to be in front"), from which also are derived ayil ("ram", the one in front of the flock) and elah (the prominent "terebinth"); Elohim would then be an expanded plural form of El.

Others trace the word (and the related singular word Eloah which is also a name for diety in the Bible) to alah ("to terrify") or alih ("to be perplexed, afraid; to seek refuge because of fear"). Eloah and Elohim , therefore, would be "He who is the object of fear or reverence," or "He with whom one who is afraid takes refuge".
Biblical scholars resist making connections with the father god of Ugarit, El.

The form of the word Elohim, with the ending -im, is plural and masculine, but the construction is usually singular, i.e. it governs a singular verb or adjective when referring to the Hebrew god, but reverts to its normal plural when used of heathen divinities (Psalms 96:5; 97:7). There are two theories as to why the word is plural:

In one view, predominant among anthropomorphic monotheists, the word is plural because of the common Hebrew practice of expressing extension, magnitude and dignity by pluralizing the form of words.

In another view, more common among secular historians and polytheists, is that the word's plurality is reflective of early Hebrew polytheism. Originally meaning "the gods", or the "host of heaven", the word may have been singularized by later Hebrew henotheist priests who sought to identify the most powerful Semitic gods with their patron god YHWH. "

*excerpt taken from en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
in Hebrew there are many Elohim, Adonai, Baal ect.
in genesis it starts by saying that the Elohim decided to create man in their image, they then give this task to one of the Elohim.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Gods new name? So he changed it?

Is he going through a mid-life crisis? Should we expect him to buy a sports car next?

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
show me sum of your works besides that crappy jesus is robocop crap...

Hey, I really liked that crappy Jesus is Robocop crap!

And you're a towel!

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dog food will fill all the blanks. Maybe you can call him Alpo from now on.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Dog food will fill all the blanks. Maybe you can call him Alpo from now on.

Hahah

We agree on something.!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Revelation 3:12, Matthew 21:42, 1corinthians 1:19, Jeremiah 31:34, Romans 6:19, Exodus 15:2.

"Lost Belief"
Written By: Ethan S. Hart
CopyRight: Kalan R. Hart
AllRightsReserved: 12-22-02

I feel it racing for humanity, in all its enormity,
A pivitol moment, destined to leave a mark in history,
No time to pretend, no time to wage war within,
No time to lend, to a world fattened with sin,
Ripe with power hungry, careless, greed, and waste,
Trophys of unused riches, the starving can't taste,
One holds a hundreds gold, with more his only desire,
While numbers untold, die lacking basics they require,

We're gonna take it to another level,
We're gonna take it to another level,
So alien, not yet seen, so buetiful,
So alien, not yet seen, so buetiful,
A movement, and not a belief,
A movement, and not a belief,
So buetiful, no fear, oh so near.

The world at an end, in relation to what was once believed,
Ancestory of timeless waste, and history of family decieved,
Charity, such great buety, deadly to the power hungry,
Secrets untold, shall unfold, and alter all of reality,
The vale of deceit lifted for those that are worthy.

********************************************************************************************
"UNTITLED"
By: AnOnOmOuSVoIcE

There is ONLY ONE TRUE "god" and the name of "god" IS " "
Though all forms of intelligent life can choose which religion to follow,
To call this, or name this, or other-wise address " " as ANYTHING else
Would render it powerless to help you, KNOW THIS ALL IS TRUE!!!
KNOW THAT IF YOU TRY TO SINCERLY BELIEVE IN THIS YOU WILL SEE PROOF!!!
YOU WILL SEE AND KNOW WITHOUT DOUBT THAT " " DOES EXIST,
AND THAT " " HAS THE POWER TO DO ANYTHING, AND EVERYTHING.
BELIEVE IN THESE WORDS, AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT CAN ONLY BE EXPLAINED
AS "MIRACLES", or "ACTS OF GOD", or "MAGIC", AND YOU WILL KNOW!!!
To give a name to what other religions call "god" only deminishes it's power,
Thats why old religions with one name for their "god" are less followed,
And have very few recorded, or proven "miracles", or even storys of "godly feats".
While the most popular religions have many names for their "god",
which means when people pray, more prayers actually go to THEIR "god"
because they address these certain names with their prayers.
ALL popular religions to date follow different versions of the bible,
THAT'S A FACT. In any bible you read, they call "god" by many names,
Such as god, or lord, or the lord, or father, or the father, or creator,
Or the creator, or jehovah, etc. THIS IS WHY THEY HAVE MORE FOLLOWERS.
ALSO, it is why before the first original bible jessus performed "miracles",
HE DID SO BY THE POWER OF TRUE GOD Which is " ".
When thw bible was written, they labeled " " with a name, or many names,
which limited and demenished "gods" power. Which is why today, very few
Things of great "godly" power happen, certainly no true "miracles",
Such as parting oceans, or raising the dead, or curring disease
With only a touch, or gesture, or prayer. BECAUSE GIVING "god"
A name, or label or fixed value drains "his", (or "her") power
And limits "his" (or "her") ability to influence our world.
AND IT'S WHY WE ARE STILL PLAGUED BY WAR, AND CONFLICT BETWEEN PEOPLES,
AND STILL PLAGUED BY PEOPLE THAT DEFY BASIC HUMAN MORALITY, AND VALUES,
AND CAUSE SUFFERING AMONG THEIR FELLOW MAN (or woman), AS WELL AS AMONG
THEIR NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS. YES, "god" is good, "god" is great,
But think about it, nearly 3/4 and surely at least 1/2 of the WORLD
utilizes some form of the bible, and thus it takes at least half the people
of the world all united in prayer "god" to even COME CLOSE TO ACHEIVING,
the GREAT GOOD, AND MIRACULOUS FEATS that ONE SINGLE MAN did ALONE.
ONE SINGLE MAN who had NO FOLLOWERS, and NO BELIEVERS.
BUT MANY BELIEVE NOW!!! and it's only because we ignorantly named "god"
and thus limited "his", (or "her") power that there are no such miracles today.
AND IT'S ALSO WHY WE STILL SUFFER, AND HAVE WAR AND PRE-MATURE DEATH.
Death SHOULD occur ONLY from NATURAL CAUSES, AND there SHOULD be NO
hard criminals that would do any-thing so awful as to make us want to
impose the death penalty upon them. (Which isn't a right WE should have or consider either!)
Death should come from NATURAL CAUSES, and people who continue to repeat
crimes that go against our moral standards SHOULD NOT be able to escape
The power of "god" and escape death that SHOULD come NATURALY to them,
but DOESN'T because we DENY the TRUE "god" "his" (or "her") power by labeling "him",
(or "her") with a name. ANY-WAY, just TRY this, let these words be the key to
letting TRUE "god", who HAS NO "name" reveal "himself", (or "herself") to you.
BELIVE IN THESE TRUE WORDS, AND YOU WILL SEE PROOF!!!
AND REMEMBER, "gods" TRUE, AND ONLY "name" IS " "!!!

AND... when you believe, which YOU WILL, PASS THIS ON, SPREAD THE WORD!!!

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by ESHART2]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
[Edited on 23-4-2004 by ESHART2]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join