It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rival to the Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hebrews "6 Since then it remains that some enter into it, and those, that formerly had the good news preached to them, entered not in because of unbelief"

With that statement the entire human population could be lost in the spirit realm. *sarcasm

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by semiunknown
Maybe they could market this Bible as "the original" or "classic", like Coca-Cola.

Or maybe just start putting a flag on the new Bibles that says: "world-wide bestseller, based on a true story" or something to that effect.

Wooo Hooo!This is funny as hell.
I once read a book called "Misquoting Jesus" that Says this same thing,basically.The bible is so "new coke".What a good analogy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Cant get over the timing of this being relased by media and the Econimic Crisis? Hot Topcs on ATS being Various Propecies Circulating about Oct 14th, GFL, Mayan Logcount 2012, Polar Shifts, Anolmalies with Google earth. We need to look at our past and quick, before what we told to believe again. Be able to to draw from your own reflections. Gain as much knowledge from each other as possible on our ancient civilizations - all of them. Learn from your past and let us learn from one another and most importantly from our mistakes!!

[edit on 12-10-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
All of this sort of thing is nothing more than this. People will drum up anything to make an excuse for their immorality. They say well the Bible is wrong therefore I can do whatever I want. This is nothing more than the trap of Lucifer to fool the minds of the ungodly. The Bible in it's original languages is quite accurate. Wicked people just want an excuse not to follow God.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by badBERTHA

This should turn out to be really fascinating. I'm also interested in finding out how they will get around the Greek manuscripts that pre-date this codex and do in fact mention the resurrection, the Bible stories this codex omits, etc.

I don't think they are aware that the Church at Antioch began spreading their copies starting in 120 AD....

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hey all. I don't post much...if at all, but this thread is really getting to me. Has anyone ever heard of Emperor Constantine? I've spent the last few years actually studying the bible verses just reading it or being told what's in it. I've read up on not only the translations, but who did the translating. I've also looked into the problem of translating "slang" used in the first writings. Can you imagine what it would be like to translate "right click on desktop" 2000 years from now. At best they might think we all have buttons on our desks, one on the right and one on the left. ...oh, and God didn't "rest" on the seventh day, a better translation is, He stopped doing creative work, which if you think about it is way different than resting. Sorry I tend to babble when I'm not on my leash... the reason I want to post is to point out what Emperor Constantine did in 312 AD. He instituted the Edict of Milan, a "Magna Carta of religious liberty," which eventually changed the Empire’s religion and put Christianity on an equal footing with paganism. Constantine began to rely on the church for support, and it on him for protection. The Church and the Empire formed an alliance, which remains to this day. The laws and policies of the Empire and the doctrine of the Church became one with Constantine as the interpreter of both law and policy. This was accomplished by eliminating hundreds of books thought to be against "Church" doctrine and watering down what remained by blending Christian beliefs and practice with long established Roman sanctioned pagan worship. In 330 he began an assault on paganism but used a clever method of persuasion to force people to follow the laws by combining pagan worship with Christianity. He made December 25th, the birthday of the pagan Unconquered Sun god, the official holiday now celebrated as the birthday of Jesus. He also replaced the weekly day of worship by making rest on Saturday unlawful and forcing the new religion to honor the first, not the seventh day, as a day of rest. As a way of defining his concept of the new universal religion he simply classified everything "Jewish" to be an abomination. Constantine began what was to become a centuries long effort to eliminate any book in the original Bible that was considered unacceptable to the new doctrine of the church. At that time, it is believed there were up to 600 books, which comprised the work we now know as the Bible. Through a series of decisions made by the early church leadership, all but 80 of those books, known as the King James Translation of 1611, were purged from the work, with a further reduction by the Protestant Reformation bringing the number to 66 in the "Authorized" King James Bible.

Just wanted to throw this out there for some thougt...

cheers,
Monty

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join