It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mothers near death experience-video

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I dont feel threatened. I feel you are here to say you are right and I am wrong.

You keep coming back and saying I am wrong and then you quote scripture that you feel proves my wrong ways.

I feel that mabey you were threatened by my ways....for you keep showing concern I am misleading people.

Our purposes to be here in this thread is very much the same. We are both concerned for others.

I was just making sure that you know that I do welcome your thoughts, even if I disagree. As much I I try to show I am welcoming your thoughts....I feel you are not welcoming mine. Of course we both have the right to express....but to welcome it is another thing.

I welcome yours, for your intent is true
I dont have to welcome others thoughts in life...but they would still have that right. I accept challenges to my understandings very much so. If I didnt welcome a challenge for my understanding, then how firm would my ground really be?

I feel you came on here this morning being 'upset'. I only wanted to send you love and peace of heart by showing you that are purposes to express here were very much the same.

No worries here with me....Im not threatened in any way.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Simply....

If a person must come through Jesus to know God...then how did all of those people in the OT find spiritual understandings?

How did Solomon learn from the Holy Spirit? How did he fall in love with the Spirit of God? How did David reach God?

Jesus can represent a nature. If one is understanding of why it is better to turn the other cheek....do they have to know that Jesus understood this also? And it should ONLY be accepted because Jesus taught it?

There are spiritual understandings that can come through many facets.

Part of my path involved me trying to place myself in the world as a human in many different ages. One of those ages, was before books were even made. What I found was, God was here, even then, waiting to be sought.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID >..I didnt say this ...u did
[Can you not give me the same freedom I give you? If you can bring your thoughts here...why cant I? ]

Then why would you think I am somehow trying to keep you (as if I can) from bringing your thoughts here and have the freedom to tell them ?
I may not agree with you but I dont think of you as sitting there telling me to just shut up and holding my hand back from typing my opinions on here .
So why do you think thats what I am trying to do ?

I am merely giving everyone else an ALTERNATE way of looking at these NDEs .
Other than the lets take it at face value as being from God and thats that .
Because in the spiritual world you and I both know things are not that black and white ..And that things may not be as they APPEAR to be ..

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Simplynoone]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
LV we all think we are right and the other is wrong do we not ?
So I am not any different than any of you in that respect .

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID >..I didnt say this ...u did
[Can you not give me the same freedom I give you? If you can bring your thoughts here...why cant I? ]

Then why would you think I am somehow trying to keep you (as if I can) from bringing your thoughts here and have the freedom to tell them ?
I may not agree with you but I dont think of you as sitting there telling me to just shut up and holding my hand back from typing my opinions on here .
So why do you think thats what I am trying to do ?

I am merely giving everyone else an ALTERNATE way of looking at these NDEs .
Other than the lets take it at face value as being from God and thats that .
Because in the spiritual world you and I both know things are not that black and white ..And that things may not be as they APPEAR to be ..

From what I recall...we began a discussion on 'how one knows that they are not misleading others'.

You made a comment that said something to the nature of you 'hating' that I feel the need to tell my mother my thoughts on my faith. Actually it came off more as that you felt like I was forcing my belief on a vulnerable woman (who is my mom). Sorry...I might of took a little offense to that...for I know I have best intentions for my mother. That would be like me telling you...."I hate the fact that you feel the need to lead your mother in the idea that she must believe in Jesus". I would never say such a thing to anyone.

Hate is a strong word...if both people are 'welcoming' the others thoughts.

You pretty much keep calling me out as the 'satan' since I am what your book warns you of.

So yes, I know I have the right....but its a little impossible to have a discourse with another when they 'hate' what I do. Especially concerning what I do within my family, who is very precious to me Simply. Do you really think I would carelessly pass on my difference of opinion to my mother if she didnt welcome it through ope discussions with me? Do you not think she gives her own opinion back to me along with her reasons? There is nothing to 'hate' here, my mother is precious to me, she has fought a hard battle in this life. She is a good thinker and knows her Bible...I am lucky to have a mother that will discourse with me in this way.

You talk as if I force my opinion of faith on my mother...as if its not a two way street. Time and time again...I told you your thoughts were welcome and I continued in the talk with you. Surely you dont get that upset with others around you that dont see your way? Do you really think that just because someone has had a belief for 30 years makes them right? You yourself should know better then that....you keep naming other religions that MUST be false...and I am sure there are plenty of those people that held their beliefs that differ then yours for their entire life time.

I guess what made me ask for the same welcoming of thoughts as I asked of you was I felt you get very defensive in my personal ways with my family. Im not some beast holding a force over my mother. Every time you and I get in a discussion...you ignore questions I ask you and most of the time, I am only offering the same questions you asked me, back to you.

So how do you know that you are not following in the wrong way?

How do you know that you are not misleading others?

We can try this again....

How do you know Simply...that Jesus's teachings were copied in their fullness to be passed on to us? How do you know that the OT teachings are from God and not mans own Earthly ways of living?

How do you test things through the Spirit?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
LV .,..now your putting words in my mouth that was not even said .
Nowhere have I said I HATE anything .

Here is my post your referring to I think ..
And this is what I said ..

[LV it is pretty obvious that you have shared your view many a time with your momma and you are very good at convincing people of your way of thinking .I see her doubt her own faith many a time on here because of your convincing arguments against the word and against the role that the Lord Jesus Christ plays in our lives (Your so all love and light why wouldnt anyone believe your an angel of light type and know the right way ?)
So whats to say that your views and her doubts didnt bring that experience on ?
And would have swayed the outcome of the experience (she actually changed her own beliefs that she has had for many years because of it ) .]

I believe that ITS POSSIBLE that your views swayed what she saw and heard in her NDE >..and her state of mind at the time (being sick ) could also have played a role in what she saw and heard ..(Thats all I was saying)

I never said nor did I insinuate that you did it on purpose with the intent to deceive ..

My Mothers experience when she had her NDE ...she had been reading some New Age stuff that some preachers in the Christian community even believe now like all paths lead to God and reincarnation etc ........prior to her experience ..And I do believe it played a role in what she heard and saw ...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Badmedia ...I wanted to address what you said about Elijah ..

The fact that Jesus made reference to John the Baptist as being the Elijah that was to come is in no way saying that everyone has many lives and will come back as someone else or even as an animal etc ..Proves NOTHING about reincarnation whatsoever ....
And in fact you know it is not the same thing as what reincarnation teaches.

I know I dont need to explain this to you but I will anyway ..
I am walking this earth with the spirit of my Mom in me (we are of the same genetics and are spiritually connected) ..I have alot of her traits etc and may even have the same calling as her and I certainly look alot like her but I am not her and she is not me and neither of us have been here before at anyother time and yet the spirit of my mom and myself will move on through our CHILDREN .................

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hello SImply...

I think we both might of felt a little defensive, being we both care for my mother.

Here is what you said to me...

I just believe that you have been led astray very seriously ..and I hate that you think your Momma needs to rethink her beliefs that have sustained her through the many things she has had to endure .And that you think you know the way the truth and the light and she does not

Mabey I got carried away a little with these words...but I want you to know, I hold my relations with my mother very dear to my heart. Its not so much about me thinking she needs to rethink things...but more of a sharing of thoughts, back and forth. When she talks on ATS...I might seem a little more assertive in what I believe, but that is the free roam of talking about beliefs on the web. In the end...Im not trying to sway my mother. She is a stubborn lady who will stand up and fight for her faith against the toughest of em.

You say that since her faith has worked for her for all of this time, that I shouldnt talk of my own faith with her? Even if that is something we both enjoy doing? Im not on some ego trip against my mothers personal beliefs. What I believe is very dear to my heart, just as yours is to you, and hers is to her.

Just because something is working for someone...does that make it truth? A new age (as you call them) or a gnostic could of had their belief work very well for them their entire life...does that make it truth? Should we not let ourselves be challenged just because something is 'comfortable' to us?

I really dislike the word hate period and I might of became a little defensive about my relation with my mother. She is my best friend.

Sometimes I feel you and I can argue like sisters would...and still also break bread at the end of the day. I would hope so, anyways.

Your passionate and I think that is why I like to discuss with you.

In peace...with respect...each to their own.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What is your idea of thinking simply...on 'we will reap what we sow'?

Is it just a type of reward or punishment? For example, heaven is reaping good seeds and hell is what we get when we plant bad seeds.

Still, what purpose is there to reap bad seeds....if we dont still have the chance to learn what we didnt know?

If I kill by a sword....what does it mean to die by the sword? Is this just a general way (in your thinking of what it means) that the person will go to hell and God will shrug them off as nothing?

Do you have children Simply?

And about our mothers experiences....are you saying that they simply created the whole thing out of their own thoughts? If so...couldnt this imply that we are all creating our own heavens and hells? Could this still not be showing something that is linked to how God and the mysteries of heaven works>? Im not saying it is a 'for sure' thing to go by....but I also defiantly dont shrug off anyone's NDE or experiences period.

Could you please answer my questions about how you determine that you yourself is not being mislead>? Im just curious, you asked me if I consider this or not...and I very much do. Im only asking the same thing you asked me.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I've never said anything in support of reincarnation, so I'm not even sure why you are bringing it up. As I keep saying, all spirit is of the father, and thus in the end all things are an incarnation of the father in spirit to begin with.

The idea of reincarnation, aside from the direction some religions speak of, is generally that on a higher level a person is able to collect the experiences and memories of multiple lives.

And that I would say is 100% possible. Do I know it to be true? No, I have no direct knowledge of it. But there is no reason why it couldn't happen. I'm of course still skeptical of any claims of past lives for the exact same reason. It's possible, but I have no way of knowing if it is true or not - unless what they say is just void of understanding behind it.

In the case of John, he obviously doesn't know this himself. And unless John is the son or grandson of Elijah and such - I do not know - then I think your explanation is completely wrong.

Furthermore, what is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh. Your explanation is to suggest that we get our spirit from our flesh. Which couldn't be further from the truth. The reason your mom and you are alike is because of the flesh, not of the spirit. And that you have obviously received the most teaching/lessons in life from your parent.

So all is really just a reincarnation of the father to being with. And so in the end, reincarnation or not, they are still an incarnation of the father if they have spirit/soul. So, I personally don't even worry or really care about reincarnation.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
[[[So how do you know that you are not following in the wrong way?

How do you know that you are not misleading others?

We can try this again....

How do you know Simply...that Jesus's teachings were copied in their fullness to be passed on to us? How do you know that the OT teachings are from God and not mans own Earthly ways of living?
How do you test things through the Spirit?]]]]

Well I dont know for sure just like NO ONE KNOWS for sure .
It is through faith that I believe ..just like you .

I know Jesus teachings were passed down from men WHO WALKED WITH HIM ..and were as close to him as possible (THEY DIED FOR HIM EVEN) why would they go to that extreme *To be KILLED FOR HIM and the teachings he shared with them if those teachings were just BS and half truths or just mans opinions ? I hardly think they would have went to their death if it wasnt true ...

We have to have something to compare in order to TEST something wouldnt we ?
The only spiritual test that I know of is in the words that JEsus and the Apostles wrote about concerning how to determine what is of God and what is not ...And over and over again it is said that if it is CONTRARY to the word then it is not from God since the words of God (written by men but inspired by the Holy Spirit ) are where the answers are to be found ..The Jesus that I have in me LEADS ME TO READ the scriptures (I dont see why he would lead me to them and you and others away from them ?) ..............unless we just dont know the same Jesus ..........

Sometimes we can just go by feelings but even scripture says that there is a way that SEEMS RIGHT UNTO MEN (But is not the way ) .....and that even our hearts can lie to us .So I dont think we can just completely trust our feelings >.Many times I have been decieved by just my feelings ..(especially when it came to men who I thought were good and were NOT )

[How do you know that the OT teachings are from God and not mans own Earthly ways of living?]

All I can say to this is that the NT teachings of Jesus does not discount the OT teachings ..so why should I discount them ?

I have to go my grandkids are here for the weekend ..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OOps ok sorry ...so maybe I shouldnt have worded it that way ...
I didnt mean HATE ..the only thing I have ever actually hated is evil .
And I dont think your evil ...I actually love you very much and think your a lovely person on the inside and yes you mean well .Does that mean I think you know the way or that you are saved NO >...

Anyway I really have to go now ...grandkids are here ...have a good weekend

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Peace to you Simply:

I am sorry that I have been late getting back to answer some of your questions and concerns. Let me see if I can bring peace to your spirit.

First, my daughter does not control what I believe and have come to build my faith upon. I believe in God the Father, Christ [his only begotten Son], and The Holy Spirit. I do believe that Jesus came to die and take our sins, however, I prefer to focus on His resurrection and his defeat over death for us. I have come to question MY belief about being "washed in the blood" thinking. Both because of what I experienced during my NDE and with spending a lot of time with the Father and seeking a deeper spiritual learning of what I questioned.

Because I questioned the blood sacrifices in the OT as not being of the Father. It really does not seem like something that God would allow. However, it did serve a purpose of showing the Hebrews that the blood was the life of the animal and I can see how the people of the OT times could relate their 'sins' being laid upon their sacrifice, BUT was it acceptable to God? I don't believe so,

I also am not sure that the [God] described in the OT is REALLY GOD. There is some school of thought that there is room for doubt here. I do [see] God through out the OT. When reading the Psalms one can FEEL the presence of the Lord with David. The same with Solomon as he searches for answers, one can sense the Lord's presence with him during that time.

I hope you do not believe that my daughter tries to over ride what I believe and my faith walk with the Lord. We have some very enlightening discussions every day, but WE never try to leave the impression that we KNOW better then the other person.

I really wish people could SEE what I see everyday. My daughter's faith is deep and her spirit on fire for the Lord. I can see the Holy Spirit working and giving her wisdom and understanding. But that being said, she does not change what I believe and have come to understand. I believe until we die the Holy Spirit is still showing us new insights and wisdom. We should always be growing in our faith no matter how long we have been 'saved', there is still many secrets to learn and mysteries to experience.

I BELIEVE that my NDE was of God and I am so thankful for it. He taught me many things through that time. It was beautiful.

I hope this helps clear up some of the questions going on here. I will be happy to answer anything you ask.

In the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Badmedia BACK ON PAGE nine
you said this in regards to my post

[Who are you talking too? I've never said the first thing about reincarnation, but if I wanted to, then I would just mention Elijah->John]

Thats what post I was referring to

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Gramma and LV ...Please stop misunderstanding me and what I am saying ....I never said anyone controls anyones thoughts ..and I never insinuated that either ...
I am talking about suggestions that get planted ..
Even Badmedia can sometimes plant suggestions as I read his way of thinking ..(even if I dont agree with him at all on a subconcience (I cant spell lol)level some of the things he says actually sway me to look at his point as a possible maybe of truth)...and I dwell on some things he says and sometimes it even plants a seed that makes me think on what he says even deeper than just saying aww he is full of BS >...do you see what I mean now ? ....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Simply, yes I understand what your are saying. It happens to me too. But is that bad? It helps us to really look deep within our spirit to search and question and come out in the end where we can stand up and firmly say, "I understand how you got to that line of thought, however, after much searching and seeking this is what I believe".

I believe it is good to have our faith questioned. It helps us to consider what we really stand for and believe.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok I will try and post inbetween grandkids and supper lol .

Gramma ..if we discount the OT God then you would also need to discount the NT one ..as the Lord Jesus says they are ONE >>.Jesus quoted from the OT many times ..He also expounded the scriptures to the Apostles ..if it was not the same God why would Jesus do that >?
Also the Apostles studied the OT scriptures constantly even after Jesus left them...

I can show you many times in the NT which shows this to be true ..but you already know the scriptures so I wont bother ............

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
[Simply, yes I understand what your are saying. It happens to me too. But is that bad?]

I dont believe I ever said it was a bad thing did I >? I said it can plant suggestions of untruths and truths that have been twisted and can certainly sway our beliefs away from the truth could it not ?

Any one of us is capable of being decieved EVEN MYSELF >.
In fact I have been a few times in my life ..(I was deceived at one point when I joined a United Pentecostal Church once) I didnt know I had been deceived (because I wasnt real learned in the scriptures yet) ..everytime I heard what they were teaching (They went by every single OT law that was written and several other things ) ...........and my spirit kept making me uncomfortable by saying CHECK IT OUT >.DONT TAKE IT AT FACE VALUE ...look deeper ...these people are not who they appear to be ...and many other things ..as they were all way way too lovey ...and angel of light kind ..(if it seems to good to be true it usually isnt true ) ....they were a CULT *plain and simply .............
So I did look deeper and listen more intently and read referencing scriptures etc (studied my butt off to see if what they were teaching was truth)...and lo and behold they were twisting scripture very carefully so that it looked like truth ...after that I went to them openly ....and asked questions ...Like why would God care if we cut our hair or not ..And how will we know the signs of the times if we cant watch TV ...Etc .........
And then we got to the serious parts like being baptized in Jesus name only leaving out the Father and the Holy Spirit (its long and drawn out so I will spare you this ) .................

.etc etc (leaving all our worldy posessions which we are not supposed to care about to HIM >.etc etc ..it just got messier and messier until they just flat out asked me to leave and not come back (as I was rocking their boat so to speak and they didnt want to be exposed ) ......This all took place in front of the entire congregation at THEIR REQUEST (they should not have overestimated my intelligence ) ................because the congregation was upset at THEM after this ...by the answers they gave me and how they treated me ..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yes, I know the scriptures. I am uneasy with what I have come to believe as it does go against what the Bible says. I have read other readings that were not put in the Bible, for many different reasons. But it has made me question the differences of the God in the OT and the NT.

I cannot see God killing all the people in Egypt and commanding the Hebrews to take the land from other people and kill all of them including the women and children. I do see God in the last part of the OT.

I think Jesus shows us a whole different take on what God was like. He showed us His love, mercy, faith, grace and forgiveness. Jesus was God in the flesh.

There is a lot of difference in the writings if the OT and NT. I do believe that man has had a lot to do with putting the Bible together and, maybe some of it got tampered with. Now, I know that is a stretch, but I have room for doubt here.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Badmedia wrote .
[Furthermore, what is spirit is spirit, and what is flesh is flesh. Your explanation is to suggest that we get our spirit from our flesh. Which couldn't be further from the truth. The reason your mom and you are alike is because of the flesh, not of the spirit. And that you have obviously received the most teaching/lessons in life from your parent.]

Good Lord even I know the difference in the two Badmedia ...I guess you consider me a fool eh ....Of course spirit is spirit and flesh is flesh.
Just never mind ..whats the point with you ?....

Your such a negative spirit ,and if you truly knew the Father and truly follow Christ then where is your JOY ? Where is your immense love for ALL ?Especially us low pitiful christians you slap down and beat senseless with the lashing of your tongue .
There is JOY IN THE LORD >..where is that in you ?and if you think it is in you why isnt it obvious to others that you have it ? Because its not there

Your missing something and even you know it ..

You better Seek the Lord Jesus while he can be found ..The REAL LIVING ENTITY that is ALIVE and well and wants to live FULLY IN YOU ..not just you looking from the inside out at him (which is what you do ) .

I think all the preaching you do about spirit you need to take your own advice on it all because your seeing in others the very thing your missing yourself.

Good night ...and I do pray that GOD will lead you to the WAY the TRUTH and the LIGHT through allowing the real spirit of the living Christ IN YOU (Not just you imitating him ) but THE REAL HIM IN YOU >
You are trying to be like someone you dont even really know that well Badmedia (JESUS CHRIST the LORD)

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Simplynoone]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join