It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks Tumble at Open

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Dude, some games are played over thousands of years not hundreds. That list of people are still mortal and new to the power club by all measures.

They are far more impressive to you than they are to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deeprivergal

Looks like good ol' Ron Paul was RIGHT !!! Hooray for us for believing him

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by larphillips
Another sign of massive, world-wide market manipulation (and a very easy way to appease the sheeple) is the sudden rise in strength of the dollar coupled with a dramatic decrease in the price of oil.

The dollar isnt strengthening. It is just that the other currencies are getting weaker. I am telling you. I predict they might all be about equal a year from now. Can you say one world currency.

Actually, you are correct. The dollar is simply looking good by comparison.

I doubt you can really get everyone on board for a one-world currency, but I can certainly see the field being narrowed considerably

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

Dude, some games are played over thousands of years not hundreds. That list of people are still mortal and new to the power club by all measures.

They are far more impressive to you than they are to me.

My outlook and impression of those international power familes is certainly being colored by my current reading material.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well this howl matter can be summed up with a simple stament we all know... The captain goes down with the ship.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by deeprivergal

OK, I am sure this has been corrected, but just incase, the DOW touched it's lowest level of trading since 2003 today (9,497.72) which was the lowest..

not 1999.

Anyways,

infinite

It's getting scary for the Service Economies like Ireland, Iceland has been near national bankruptcy for sometime, and is already in a declared recession, where as the Irish economy is heading fast paced for it's first recession since I believe 1983 .. and it looks like it's going to be a huge crash.. the housing market is no where near the level it ought to be..

Germany, France, Italy and the UK are all rushing to bail out huge corporations, banks and infuse enough cash into their markets .. not to save it.. but to give the appearance of a sound economy.

Throwing money at a sinking ship won't make it float.. the hopes that you can sacrifice your currency for a safer market has already been proven false by the United States starting in 2007.

We bombed out currency, oil spiked, our economy took a hit, inflation hit levels not seen in 40 years and where has it gotten us? No where, but nearer the bottom. Now Europe will devalue it's currencies in hopes that inflation will protect the markets..

It will only slow it's death.

For some countries the tourist seasons are taking their tolls on their economy.. as more and more people are strapped for cash and are not taking extravagant trips, entire regions are seeing their own isolated depressions..

As I know your Irish, I certainly hope the Irish economy does not hit a low like Iceland, or see the dark days of the 1980's .. as corporations are cutting back, sending jobs over seas, and the property markets are collapsing.... it's not looking good.

Russia is having major, major problems right now in their own financial sector, they already had declared a Bank Holiday to prevent further collapse of their markets two weeks ago.

At the end of the day while the DOW was down 800 points from previous market close, people either grabbed up a bunch of cheap stock, or someone somewhere had a # ton of cash to inject into the markets.. it was a nose dive day, that's for sure..

"Everybody thought that the bailout was a panacea. But it's not, it's a tourniquet that stops the bleeding so the patient doesn't die right away," Genter said.

CNN

Ireland wants to co-operate with other European Union member states, but it "simply had to move" last week to safeguard Ireland's banking system, Taoiseach Brian Cowen has said.

Irish Times

Europe has no problem sacrificing the Irish to save the Mainland.. the Germans may look on Ireland with disdain for having the nerve to protect their own system, all the while pushing the Lisbon Treaty which will quite literally put that final nail in the coffin of Ireland's economic death .. at least for now the Irish will defend themselves from these globalist bastards.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you were a terrorist, determined to mess up the western world, would you hold off right now on an attack, or wait until things got better? If you were a bureaurat, planning a false flag op, and you decided that your US govt. was going to give 700 billion dollars to your own interests, wouldn't your next step be to engineer a terrorist attack, to tip the tottering markets? It has previously been predicted by some on here, that we will have a false flag op, perhaps using that 'missing' nuke, on an American city by the 15th. I personally had expected it last month. And it also appears that Israel will have a major nuclear confrontation with some of her hostile neighbors sometime soon. Tie all this in with more global catastrophies, and a sudden appearance of Nemesis, and you have a financial collapse. My q; I am on government subsistence, get my check directly into the bank. I pay my bills by check or debit card. If there is a bank 'holiday', would they stop the debit transactions? They are rather new, and as far as I know, no laws governing their use in this circumstance have been considered. I do have enough food for awhile, rent is not a consideration, and I have some cash. Since this question is not addressed to anyone in particular, I would appreciate any 'knowledgeable' thoughts on the matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Spot on, Dude. The Globalist agenda/conspiracy has been hashed and rehashed ad nauseum, but it doesn't diminish the observed goal of these people and that is to completely dominate the world. All of the instruments are in place to achieve this; what remains is the consolidation of power into one individual. I suspect that once the fallout dust settles, the scramble for power will be in earnest.

Watch the U.N.; that is where I think the end game will play out.

IMHO

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444
Hitler was a brilliant man (minus the whole Holocaust thing). He brought Germany out of a depression before going bat sh*t crazy...

Indeed he was. He put his entire nation back to work in the tank, airplane, amunition, armament and submarine manufacturing sector, nearly conquered all of Europe, and my bet is that when the WORLD economy tanks completely, we will have another genious rise to the ocassion.

That may not scare you but it scares the heck outta me....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Regarding your question of should a terrorist wait until this mess clears up or strike now... one "Law of History" states that "internal conflict ripens the conditions for external invasion." Logically, now is the time to strike (or, wait until it gets even a bit worse). Ironic how one of the news stations is reporting that the FBI issued a warning today to all USA law enforcement about peeps with bombs strapped to their chest on a suicide mission...

reply to post by Gregarious

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by themamayada

Not to worry, here is our next Superman!!

Neel Kashkari!! Cash-Carry?? hmmmmm

AB1

[edit on 6-10-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

egypt , buying hardware from serbia main traders to each other

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't know about you folks, but I know about me.

I'll just ask one question:

Can you feel it?

Because I know I sure can.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Has anybody else noticed the USA S&P500 On-Balance-Volume has been going up since mid-March, while the index price has fallen and most other markets' OBV has been declining along with prices?
This is a classic divergence of price and indicator, presaging a reversal in price action (prices should go up).
In fact, in the 2 weeks before the ban on short selling and the bailout announcement, the divergence was very obvious.
Could it be the "Leaders" knew the market was just about ready to turn around and made these changes to take credit for a bull trend that was going to happen anyway?
Is all the panic-incitement just a ruse to buy everything ultra-cheap, before the inevitable bull trend begins in the next few weeks?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
It's a game. People must realize that money are not created by gods, or extracted from the ground with great hardship like gold. Money are created whenever "some" people want. Money are tools.
Why should people suffer because of "credit crisis" ? We did not run out of forests to cut, mines to mine and oil to extract yet
The phisical stuff is still here, but people suffer because of numbers on paper. That's the game

QFT, Quoted For Truth. It's not even numbers on paper...we've made numbers to whizz through computers. Gotta save paper y'know, it's a valuable commodity.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boognish
Nobody is right all the time I guess.

Oops? Did I imply Kramer was always right? Or even right most of the time? If so, my mistake.

Originally posted by saint4God
He can't predict the future, but he knows what can happen and why.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88
The dollar isnt strengthening. It is just that the other currencies are getting weaker.

Um...same same, yes? Dollar strength is relative to the rest of the world's currency since leaving the gold standard, ne?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

The guy looks like he is heavy in antidepressants.

Sorry to say this but this guy and Paulson look alike, they look like skin heads

What is with the bold heads, some kind of Illuminati membership distinction?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I clearly would mistake him for Paulsons long lost prototype.

AND (much to my very surprised look and amazement) an Ex Goldman Sachs Exec.... now seriously, what are the odds of THAT!

AB1

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Down again...but no one is saying much. I know I heard a lot of "don't worry about it"s from Economists and Financial Experts regarding the long-term. Sounds a bit more muted after today.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join