It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama- will his views on race destroy him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
After listening to the Obama audio books and hearing his views about white people, I began to consider if it will come to destroy him when the issue of his pastor and mentor, Reverend "god damn America" Wright comes to the forefront? And this will beg the question if it will turn off a lot of middle class working white people. Will race decide the election, and secondly, are some white people lying to pollsters due to fear of being labelled anti-black? What do you think? How important is race in the race?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If this view doesn't destroy him it will be something of a minor miracle. I firmly believe if Rev. Wright's sermons had been released prior to the Iowa caucus, and before the rampant caucus fraud kicked in, he would not be the Democratic nominee today.

I also believe we will be seeing more of Rev. Wright in the coming days. If not then McCain is indeed running a pathetic campaign. Rev. Wright's words should be heard around the clock in the swing states if McCain hopes to win. Of course the Kool-Aid kids and Hollywood excuse the good Reverend's words away and call any of the rest of us who dislike what we've heard as racists. But I don't accept that analysis. Obama sat in that church for almost 20 years, called this man his spiritual mentor, was married by this man and entrusted him to Baptize his two daughters. Yes, he must have agreed with Reverand Wright. If he didn't he should have walked away from that church just like his major endorser Oprah Winfrey did back in 1986.

Some white people may be lying to pollsters. I haven't. I told them I was a Hillary Clinton supporter who would never vote for Barack Obama because of the way the DNC treated Hillary and bent over backwards in support of Obama. Race has nothing to do with my anger at the DNC. I told the last pollster that I plan to vote for McCain and Palin and to please remove my name from their list.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Of course it won't affect him, he is untouchable.

Racist pastor? Who cares?
Terrorist friends? So What?
ACORN? Who?
The list goes on and on.

Untouchable.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Some white people may be lying to pollsters. I haven't. I told them I was a Hillary Clinton supporter who would never vote for Barack Obama because of the way the DNC treated Hillary and bent over backwards in support of Obama. Race has nothing to do with my anger at the DNC. I told the last pollster that I plan to vote for McCain and Palin and to please remove my name from their list.

I agree with you that there is a real lash back on Obama for what they did to Hillary. I am a conservative voter, but I must say that when they tweaked the delegates and the votes and shut her down the way they did, I felt for her and actually had a lot of respect for the way she handled it all. I'm sure that there's a good portion of the 18+ million votes out there that felt as you do. I somehow think that in the end it will be a McCain blowout and that the reason is because of the Hillary vote, and the unreliable poll count thus far.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think that there will be a lot more Rev. Wright tapes being played soon, especially after the debate tomorrow night. If nothing else, Hannity won't let it end, of which I'm grateful. I'm not a Hillary supporter, but if I was, I would def not vote for "O-Bidden" after the DNC.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was wondering if there were some tapes that would show Obama in attendance when Reverend "god damn America" Wright was spewing white hate. I heard a rumor that Hannity had the tape, but it was downplayed. I wonder though. I know Obama is trying to prevent the release of the board meetings minuttes he held with the famed terrorist Ayers.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I saw Obama kiss the Devil on the mouth while spanking Hitler with a horse whip. Bill Ayres was there too......he was smoking pot with Rev. Wright.......

Obama is no racist.....the US government admittedly was though. Why do you all support America so much......are you RACIST??? See how that works?
Do you guys not see how ridiculous you sound?
Here is an example....

UPDATE: Hey kids, there’s more than one of these hilarious, lie-filled chain emails floating around. Conservative partisans must be bored and have some time on their hands to make all this stuff up… Why don’t they want to talk about how they plan to solve the many problems conservative policy has created in the past 8 or so years instead of writing easily debunked baloney?

Now back to your regularly schedule snark.

A Daily Kos diarist sent this after receiving it himself. He replied with a detailed point-by-point rebuttal.

I’ll simply say that if you were to head to the Snopes.com Obama entry about all the conservatives’ lies about Sen. Obama being infopimped in chain emails (like the one below) and even spread through websites, blogs, newspapers, radio and TV …. well, that Snopes.com entry about Sen. Obama debunks Every. Single. One. of the conservatives’ lies found below.

source

Please check your talking points against the facts people, so as to DENY IGNORANCE........NOT PROPAGATE IT.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Obama sat for twenty years in the church of white hatred. I go to church and I can tell you that I know my pastor and what he teaches. For someone to claim they "never heard" the hate speech against white is just plain lying. Obama said Reverend "god damn America" Wright was his father figure and mentor. They're both alike. And why is Michelle in the closet? Oh boy... if she ever got out and got mad at someone...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Obama sat for twenty years in the church of white hatred. I go to church and I can tell you that I know my pastor and what he teaches. For someone to claim they "never heard" the hate speech against white is just plain lying. Obama said Reverend "god damn America" Wright was his father figure and mentor. They're both alike. And why is Michelle in the closet? Oh boy... if she ever got out and got mad at someone...

It's true, and a fact you cannot deny but one the Obama supporters are more than willing to overlook.

By the way, Grafilthy, that view you posted on Obama is someone else's view of Obama, not Obama's own words. The OP posted was talking about text from Obama's own books. How can you justify what he said?

My guess is you can't, so you'll join the masses of Obama sheep who will just ignore it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by regs

Oh, I hope so. Then we can hear more from Palin's witch-hunting antisemite pastor while people all around him scream in make-believe languages, and then John McCain's reverend, also a screaming antisemite, calling for Armageddon to strike Israel so Jesus can walk from heaven on a pile of Jewish corpses.

By all means, let's bring Wright on. So far all we've seen that's "racist" from him is that he's proud to be a black guy. How horrifying to whites that must be. Uppity boy is uppity!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by regs

By all means, let's bring Wright on. So far all we've seen that's "racist" from him is that he's proud to be a black guy. How horrifying to whites that must be. Uppity boy is uppity!

How about that statement and his belief that the government engineered HIV specifically to kill off blacks (www.slate.com...)?

Is that racist enough against the rest of the country for you?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

By the way, Grafilthy, that view you posted on Obama is someone else's view of Obama, not Obama's own words. The OP posted was talking about text from Obama's own books. How can you justify what he said?

Noooooo, that was an example of how instead of trying to win an election by better communicating ones stance and plan on the issues......

....the right has to resort to these types of "connections" to try to trick people into believing a candidate (always on the left) is "unfit" to lead. Maybe you should try looking at the issues instead of questioning every left-leaning politician's intentions. I bet people just might listen.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
reply to post by sos37

Noooooo, that was an example of how instead of trying to win an election by better communicating ones stance and plan on the issues......

....the right has to resort to these types of "connections" to try to trick people into believing a candidate (always on the left) is "unfit" to lead. Maybe you should try looking at the issues instead of questioning every left-leaning politician's intentions. I bet people just might listen.

Dude, as I have posted at least a few of times, I've based my party loyalty on the issues.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try the search feature before you accuse someone of not paying attention to the issues. I know well where Obama stands on the issues and I disagree with a lot of it. Not all of it, but a lot of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There might be some truth to this.
Maybe that's why Michelle Obama has been so quiet lately.
Someone probably told her to shush it for awhile

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
-long quote

That is rather interesting. Ridiculous, but interesting.

top topics

join