It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dow dropping 250 pts 1 min after opening

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
yeah ts bottomed for now thank god. I just think its waiting for another contraction. give it 30 minutes. haha Nothing ever happens in strait line on the stock market.

Theres too much panic right now. Everyone is trying to sell. People want OUT.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Silver is in short supply. For a one kilo bar you are on a 14 week wait list in Australia.

Silver, though, still goes down in value. It makes no sense. Gold is overpriced in my eyes and has been for a while now.

Silver is definitely a great buy now. Just the other month we bought 7,500 in silver and that is now worth 6,000 (not investment - retail). Yet now there's a 1/3 year wait list for kilo bars of silver.

The simple answer is that silver is undervalued today. Buy now and sell at 20 if you need to (AUD).

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
It has rebounded a bit but I have a feeling this sucker WILL drop 10% before 2pm! If that does happen, tomorrow is gonna be a joke.

October 7th is starting to look scarier and scarier now.

Bloody hell this dow jones is goin up and down like a whores knicker..

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ixnay

Have you called the Perth mint?? i have not been to the mint for a few months but they had every thing i wanted Give them a call You might not have to wait so long

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
here we go again, dropping like a rock!!

jesus...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
here we go, the second contraction. its falling again. lets see where it bottoms out this time

down 400 right now an falling.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
reply to post by ixnay

Have you called the Perth mint?? i have not been to the mint for a few months but they had every thing i wanted Give them a call You might not have to wait so long

I work for one of their official distributors.

I think ABC have an 11 week wait, but that was about 2 weeks ago.

JSR

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
if we stay above the 9700, we'll be ok.

if it breaks the 9700.....its a free fall. this dip will be telling.........

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
if you want silver look on ebay.

if you buy large lots you can still get close to the spot price for silver.

I have been buying silver from ebay for about the last 3 years trying to accumulate a good collection. theres no wait! and you getit at real market price.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I've only ever seen it for crazy prices in the past two weeks on eBay. Some buyers were paying double spot. I'm thinking of selling 15kgs of pre-dec silver some other way.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
yeah most lots for silver on ebay are pretty ridiculously overpriced. But if you look around for a little while you can get some deals.

But three months ago it was easy to get silver for about $1 under spot price. Not thats nearly impossible. But i think getting silver for $13 an ounce right no is still a steal with the demand for it. Unless you can afford to buy 1000oz lots.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What if the DOW closes at around 9800 today? Will this lead to massive selling tomorrow out of fear? The FTSE has also dropped.

That 700 billion bailout really helped huh. I know it's early to call it, but it really doesn't seem to have helped a great deal. Although maybe without it things would have been even worse. However everyone is throwing cash to try and bailout the banks. Iceland, the UK, Germany, the USA etc. All of these countries and more are just throwing money at the situation with minimal effect.

Lets hope it doesn't all crash, but if it does, in the end, there is no one to blaim but the average consumer.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In order for it to drop 10% it would have to go down to 9270 that is when i would start to worry. i believe that the gov has been watching the banks closely because there is not enough money in the banks to cover withdrawals of a bank run that would be the reason for a bank holiday. if this would happen people just need to stay calm, this would be the time we need to pull together and help each other out .

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I guess the people that run this freakshow had nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
THE smart money i.e the Very rich are supposedly rushing into PHYSICAL Gold in the last couple weeks in unprecedented amounts

The dollar has just completed what many analysts view as the the final fifth wave of an uptrend, which will soon give way to a further fall (free fall?) as the dollar soon falls- we all should know what happens to asset prices in metals. THEY RISE QUICKLY.

down back "up" to only down 440.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I don't have any stocks to buy or sell. Please leave me out of the blame game. I have no mortgage or credit card either.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It wont be freefalling any further, since its now middle session.

Watch for huge fluctuations around the 4 oclock mark, followed either by a huge rally or huge fall by 5pm.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What time is the american stock exchange closing bell at?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Four or Five Eastern Standard

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by o22a6ar
reply to post by Truther

Four or Five Eastern Standard

Sorry can you translate please

new topics

top topics