It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a one world government really that bad??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Long time Lurker, first time poster. I have read a plethora of NWO conspiracy theory’s on this site all negatively depicting a secret plot to unite the countries of the world under one government as part of an evil agenda by a secret Illuminati . But honestly, ask yourself would it really be that bad???. A bold statement indeed! but hear me out… I am well aware that “absolute power corrupts absolutely”, Stalin/Hitler/Mussolini/ Kim Jong Il and even Bush.are examples of this depending on your own views and opinions of these regimes. But has anyone ever thought of a positive side to a one world government???…

I have read millions of ufo stories, sightings, etc. They are still however a mystery to the mass population of this planet. Has anyone ever thought that maybe they do not wish to make their presence officially known due their observance of an extremely volatile human race??. Sightings have been occurring throughout time; therefore ET will have seen first hand how deadly the human race can be. They will have seen world wars, racism, bigotry and prejudice by man on each other and may feel a little uncomfortable/ nervous about making there presence officially known. In my opinion we as a planet are not ready to meet extra intelligent life. There needs to be a sense of discipline before we are ready to meet with ET. In my opinion ET feels that their presence may lead to the human racing destroying eachother!! If a ufo landed tomorrow in lets say Russia for example, in full view of the worlds media, America would be the most paranoid country on the planet which will again stir up bad feelings which could lead to all out war. The same goes with every other country in the world. ET I feel is well aware of this and must expose themselves to a spokesperson, an “interstellar ambassador” for plant earth if you will. The human race needs to move forward together. This secret Illumaniti, im sure are well aware of this, they are in power for a reason

. I live in Ireland We overwhelmingly voted no to the Lisbon Treaty ( an outcome many other European countries would have loved to do) this landslide “No vote” came about in my opinion , as the majority of the population, firstly, didn’t understand what it may mean in the long term for the country as the bill was very vague . The outcome for the country’s future was unknown and many felt that a president of Europe would take away certain civil liberties and could have a negative effect on the economy, Its Human nature, people feared what they didn’t know, and how could we know ??, there was no concrete agenda of the European president described to the country. We feared what was unknown the same way as many humans fear what they don’t know. People don’t know what ufos are doing, what their agenda is, therefore will always be very weary of them. Ufo’s in their superior intelligence im sure, are well aware of this and need some sort of assurance that we will accept them peacefully, an assurance maybe that can be achieved with a one world government??.

A one world government im sure, is not that black and white, who knows what it may mean??? a world council with every country represented???, but what about the countries under occupation and those not recognised as countries?? This will lead to tension. I stress again, the human race is not ready for ET. Sightings will continue and Governments will continue to lie. Maybe a one world government might bring us closer together and a step closer to the truth!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Your over all question is " World government really that bad"?

I say to you, YES ITS BAD, OK. Do your your research if you believe otherwise..

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
um,yes.

the end.

I've fragmented 1 line into 3. I'm sorry,but it was sufficiant.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
As long as the Pope is supreme leader it should be just fine and stop people running rampant with their nasty democratic "liberties".

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
A "one world government" would be fine if the person running it was absolutely incorruptible. As far as I know, only one person ever fit that bill. Although, one is coming shortly who will SEEM to fit that bill.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Putting that much power in the hands of a small group of people is inherently wrong and provides a breeding ground for greed and corruption.

Remember the saying, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't think a one world government is that bad at all ! We all live on the same planet and I think the idea of borders is ridicolous. It causes seperation between people and leads to wars and hate..

A one world goverment, or better a one world nation, would be a very good thing as long as it is controlled by the people living in it and not by some dodgy secret society..

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by concavereality

Is a One World Government really bad?

Can you give me an example where centralization of power and consolidation of government benefitted the people in the long run?

p.s. Divide and conquer works both ways.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In my opinion, a one world government is extremely bad. At least now the theory is that if you don't like your country you can immigrate. It may not be the best solution, but it works for some. Under a one world government you have all of society under the rule of only a few. Can you imagine what happens if another Hitler gets into office with no one to check his actions?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yes, it's bad. Here's why:

1) In the same way that market competition provides a better deal for consumers, multiple nations provide a better deal for citizens. What I mean by that is that who can realistically challenge a corrupt one-world Government? Multiple Governments allow the opportunity for corruption to be kept in check. If you think capitalist monopolies are bad (which they are), then it should be clear why ultimate Globalism is bad.

2) Different peoples, different cultures. Despite what the politcally correct mainstream would have you believe, races are different and have different natural requirements. Peoples of certain races and ethnicites thrive in different environments. Complete Globalism would have us all intermingled in order to propogate the breakdown of cultural/national identities.

3) Your ancestral culture is like a school for your well-being and interaction with the environment around you. Globalism would have individual cultures wiped out as they pose a threat to the 'melting-pot' goal.

4) Different folk have different values. Under a one-world Government, more people than ever will be at odds with the policies of their Government. What if extra-terrestrials contacted Earth and their first port of call was the one-world Government. How likely is it that that Administration would be in touch with the vast majority of its subjects? Not very.

5) A one-world Government can easily and lawfully deplete certain regions of all resources, leaving the people of that region poor and decimated. Under our current system, it is not legal for one country to exploit another (although it still happens), but under a singular Global nation, what laws could prevent this?

6) Currently, the wealthiest 1% of the world own 40% of the world's resources. Under a one-world Government this would worsen. That 1% would probably shrink to 0.1% and the amount they own would increase to 100%.

Oppose it... forever! Think about it, where people are corruptable, nothing good can come from a one-world Government. Hold onto your culture and maintain sovereignty. Don't let them take it from you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One World Government

It not the words that are bad.... not even the conceptual application that is bad.

It is a question of whether an entire planet can actually be governed as a single body.

We are not cohesive as a species, we are not compatible in our accepted dogma nor in the institutions we have created to govern our lives.

Supreme authority must come as a mandate from the people..., not the ideological contrivances of a small sub-culture within it.

SO in essence, YES it's a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I suppose a one world government could have its pros.. I mean, if the entire world was run by one government there wouldn't be much chance for it to war with itself.

If the government was run BY THE PEOPLE, then it would probably be ideal.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A one world government will never occur unless our species was united by say finding life elsewhere in the galaxy. It would start by creating a body to deal with this other culture it would be multi national and represent earth. Eventually they would make the rules. Until then no chance.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by concavereality

Is a One World Government really bad?

Can you give me an example where centralization of power and consolidation of government benefitted the people in the long run?

The Neolithic Age, Italy, Germany, Ancient Greece, The Roman Empire, the list goes on and on.

I am not advocating the NWO, but I will say that consolidation isn't necessarily always a bad thing. Imagine how turbulent the USA would be if every state was its own sovereign nation.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let's ask Thomas Jefferson what he thinks.

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."

"History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is."

"I own that I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

I'm with him.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No way! It is a FABULOUS idea to have one small group of people ruling the masses and making all of the important decisions for us. Obviously whoever said "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" didn't know what honest, wise, and caring governments we would have set in place here in the 21st century. They are loyal, honest, fair, hard working, giving, wise and always doing their damn-dest to make sure that the needs of the people come first. It is really quite evident that the best interest of the people is always at the forefront of their agendas and never their own personal interests.

Yup... giving the ultimate power to a select few rather than several different groups of government is an even better idea than what we have now.

BTW, my talking horse just said he couldn't agree more.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Even if the one world government was completely altruistic it would still not be a good thing.

So with all conspiracies aside, a centralised government would ultimately take away local control.

So in worst case scenario if, let's say, the head of this OWG is in a country in Europe (Brussels, Belgium?), and all world government decisions were made from there, how could they know what you need in yourcommunity, neighbourhood, town, city, country?

What if this government decides, for the best of all, that your neighbourhood is the best place to build a nuclear waste dump site?

Point is centralised government is what we should be getting away from, not perpetuating. The more centralised government becomes the less power you have.

It's bad enough now, in the U.S., where the feds can trump state rights, as in 'prop 215'. Imagine the feds having complete world control? That is what it would be like. Think your vote means nothing now?

IMO a one world government can only lead to totalitarian control, no matter how well the intentions.

I admit my opinion may be biased by my belief that all government is coercion and thus anti-liberty, the antithesis of freedom. We should control our own communities based on voluntary association and cooperation.

One world government is the fascists dream…And should be your nightmare...

new topics

top topics

join