It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My humble greetings!

Please allow me introduce myself…I am a nobody! I am but a single representative of a six and a half billion strong species that refers to itself as “human”. I have a name that is by no stretch of imagination my own. It was given to me by the people whom I was conceived by before my physical manifestation could recognize or remember consciousness. It bears no importance whatsoever.

I --and I suspect everyone who will ever read this-- live on an elliptical, almost circular, mass of variously composed matter. My species has many names for this mass. Some call it “Earth” others “Terra”, but most --not all-- would agree that it is our place of origin. In comparison, this object we identify as being a planet, is approximately 74.6775 Z(zetta) times my size. This means it would take the mass of 74,677,500,000,000,000,000,000 exact copies of myself to match the size of the planet I perceive as living upon.

Earth is known to revolve around another body of mass so abundant, that it is capable of keeping it, the Earth, and many other surrounding planets, in perpetual motion around it. It’s matter is so condensed that as a result it radiates pure energy in all directions. For this rather unique distinction, this object is recognized as being different from others. It is a star. Humans have many names for it, just like for Earth, and again most --but not all-- would agree that it is the source of all life on the planet.

Only an object of immense mass can have such an effect to keep near-by objects in constantly repetitive circular motion around it. Such is this star, the Sun. Its mass is said to be 332,946 times that of the Earth.

24,863,574,915,000,000,000,000,000,000 than that of my body.

There are many other stars in existence, we have noticed. Some with less mass than the Sun, some with many times more. A concentrated group of stars is what we have become to know as a “galaxy”. The galaxy which the Sun is a part of is by some called the “Milky Way” and is estimated to contain between 200 and 400 billion starts. Above that, there are an estimated 100 billion galaxies in the great dimensions we call the Universe.

It is said that the Universe is endless. I have no means to verify that.

I am a nobody, and it’s a pleasure to meet you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. Something tells me that this place will suit you fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
your going to fit right in here with an introduction like that.

But G'day and welcome

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
To shed some light on this strange introduction:
I've written it as an opening for my paper on anonymous human behavior, which is really a work in progress dealing with online human interaction. I've been trying to figure out why so many people act very differently when assuming anonymity. I've been a moderator of a few high traffic sites in my time and I could never figure out why some people feel the need to prove others wrong and pound on that even if they are completely wrong them self's.

This is partly, why I've taken such keen interest into ATS. People here seem to be much more polite, intelligent and open-minded then anywhere else I've been. And I've been around

It's nice to meet you all.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

People here seem to be much more polite, intelligent and open-minded then anywhere else I've been.

That is true. Even when it gets out of hand here as it does from time to time, it is still a more civil place than anywhere else I have been on the internet. I guess we have a pretty good staff of mods and good ownership.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wow !

Introduction seems impressive.

I have to agree, moderation level is excellent, discussion sometimes arrrggh hard, but - in fact - a lot of knowledge and fun !

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manawydan
To shed some light on this strange introduction:
I've written it as an opening for my paper on anonymous human behavior, which is really a work in progress dealing with online human interaction. I've been trying to figure out why so many people act very differently when assuming anonymity. I've been a moderator of a few high traffic sites in my time and I could never figure out why some people feel the need to prove others wrong and pound on that even if they are completely wrong them self's.

This is partly, why I've taken such keen interest into ATS. People here seem to be much more polite, intelligent and open-minded then anywhere else I've been. And I've been around

It's nice to meet you all.

Yes that was an ok speech.
I actually liked it.
I guess you are a bit like me.
I also have seen these things you speak of, and try to understand them more.
Keep writing things like this it interests me.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Many thanks for you kind words.
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. We're glad you came.

Things do work differently here than most places. It all starts with our Terms and Conditions; which is the basis of how we conduct business on ATS. And the staff enforces them rigorously. We always urge new members to make themselves familiar with that link, and to refresh themselves on it often.

If you have any questions, or need help in understanding any of these, please feel free to contact myself or any staffer at any time.

Enjoy the action here, and I look forward to hearing your opinions in the future.

top topics

join