It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope is reading the Bible for the next week live on television.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
www.iht.com...

With all that is supposed to happen this week, and the times we face, does anyone else find this troubling?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

I don't know if I find it troubling or not, but I do find it interesting. Man, this week will be interesting.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Heh, I heard that on the news today...

Apparently a rabbi pulled out of the marathon because it was "too Catholic".

If something is too Catholic, you know something is wrong... It's a tad bizarre.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Oh for Petes sakes, how dramatic, to be reading the bible on tv....

Forgive me, Lord, i know he probably has the best intentions at heart, but

all this drama is going to kill some of us for sure.

Whatever it is, he apparently knows about it, maybe its Niburu, maybe its headed this way and its going to squash us. Maybe its Bush rising to dictator, at this point i am starting not to care and i hope its a fast and swift death.

I hope whatever it is lands on me.

How much more of this crap can one take???????

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Take it easy DG. This too shall pass. Let's see where we stand next week. I agree, this does seem to be spiraling out of control but lets just see what happens and "try" to enjoy the ride.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thank you for your kind words. Wish you were here.

I'm going to my inlaws tonight. I cant stand being alone and my husband at work all day- i cant deal with it.

They will think i'm crazy, and i dont care. They dont know about any of this because i will be labeled and certified and taken away by the men in the white coats.
I live in a very isolated part of Cape Cod and i dont know anybody i can go to for comfort.

This just doesnt look good.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I definitely share your feelings and can understand where you are coming from. Part of me would really like to just bury my head in the sand until the dust settles. We should know a lot more in a week though.

October 7th is quickly approaching and at least you live in a fairly isolated local. I am in a major suburb and I am really wishing I was out in the country these days.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG I get ostracised also for believing what I believe yet I simply do not care. Those people I see as being uneducated sheep and I can do nothing but feel sorry for them. Keep your head up high and feel proud that you have the guts to stand up for what you believe.

I find the timing of this 'Bible marathon' to be more than coincidental to say the very least. Something is very definitely afoot (and I hear half of ATS saying DUH!!!).

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
ex/

The Bible marathon is scheduled to end with Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican's No. 2 official, reading the last chapter of the Apocalypse

/ex

Hows that for a banging ending?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wow... I didn't read that part. Awesome....way to keep up morale guys!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by dgtempe

DG I get ostracised also for believing what I believe yet I simply do not care. Those people I see as being uneducated sheep and I can do nothing but feel sorry for them. Keep your head up high and feel proud that you have the guts to stand up for what you believe.

I find the timing of this 'Bible marathon' to be more than coincidental to say the very least. Something is very definitely afoot (and I hear half of ATS saying DUH!!!).

I feel like you beat me to my post every damn time. Don't know how I never noticed you on the forum before, but your on a roll these days friend. Keep up the good posts, wish more of the people who frequent this forum were on your level.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you and i realize this isnt just about ME. Its about every human on this planet and i am sorry if i am over reacting but i cant help it.

I'm sorry

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I wouldn't read too much into it. He is after all the leader of a fairly large church. Maybe he is trying to "get back to basics" or otherwise ground his flock.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you and i realize this isnt just about ME. Its about every human on this planet and i am sorry if i am over reacting but i cant help it.

I'm sorry

Do not be sorry!! Not one little iota!! What I see is somebody who is stumbling a little bit under the weight of the world and needed a little propping up
I am more than glad to help in that manner and however else I may be of service.

Originally posted by king9072
I feel like you beat me to my post every damn time. Don't know how I never noticed you on the forum before, but your on a roll these days friend. Keep up the good posts, wish more of the people who frequent this forum were on your level.

Thankyou mate, I appreciate your comments greatly. I do my best at all times to stick to logic and facts and to help others who are questioning themselves simply because they feel set apart from their friends and the world. We must always stand up for what we believe and let no person attempt to take that away from you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well if it begins with the reading of Genesis, isn't that the logical conclusion

Not to detract from the implications of the timing...

Hey, don't forget about the old news of the catholic church condoning belief in the existance of aliens

Perhaps that will be all the more relevant in the near future
heh

But alas, I remain skeptical.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

The Catholic church only acknowledges the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe on the premiss that they would need to be converted to Catholicism.

If ET is watching the bible reading marathon, they might find us to be quite a bunch of nutters.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
According to the Holy See Press Office, Pope Benedict XVI will repeat reading three pasages from The Old Testament:

If thou lend money to any of My people, even to the poor with thee, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor; neither shall ye lay upon him interest.
Exodus 22:25

And if thy brother be waxen poor, and his means fail with thee; then thou shalt uphold him: as a stranger and a settler shall he live with thee. Take thou no interest of him or increase; but fear thy God; that thy brother may live with thee. Thou shalt not give him thy money upon interest, nor give him thy victuals for increase.
Leviticus 25:35-37

Thou shalt not lend upon interest to thy brother: interest of money, interest of victuals, interest of any thing that is lent upon interest. Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou puttest thy hand unto, in the land whither thou goest in to possess it.
Deuteronomy 23:20-21

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Is this some indicator that the Christian church actually sees the poverty and strife around it and is going to hand out some of the billions it has raped from the poor and ignorant back to them ?

Somehow I think not, there's nothing worse than a rapist in the dock smugly grinning at his victim, kowing he eill be set free to rape again.

Thank you god for inflincting the abortion called christianity upon the earth.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's about time the Pope read the bible. Maybe he will excommunicate himself from the Catholic Mafia. Oops, I mean church.

If there is to be a new world order I bet my right arm the Catholic church is a big part of it.

So many people are screaming for change in our world. Well folks, we sure seem to be moving quickly in that direction. There is no time for tears now. This is a time for action. This is no time to cower down like a whipped dog.

Don't allow fear to rob you of even one second of your day. Stand tall. proud and strong.

Personally I have a full week planned. I'm rushing to get all my accounting done to give to my accountant so he can file my taxes as I had to get an extension and now it is time to pay the piper. My best friend is having a birthday Wednesday and I'm taking her out for dinner.

My 16 year old deaf grandson is going out of town for a competition. He is in the main character in a play. His school will be competing with high schools from several states. My biggest concern is finding a room as the city the competition is in has no vacancies in the entire city. Will leave here Thursday and return home Sunday..

I fully intend to enjoy my time. I am prepared for the worst. But nobody is going to take my joy away and replace it with fear.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Don't panic! This has been planned for years because it coincides with a Synod meeting in Rome of bishop's from around the world to discuss scripture and it's rediscovery in the practice of the faith. There have been many Synods on a regular cycle since Vatican II. This one is on Scripture as it's the "Year of St Paul" marking 2,000 years since the approximate year of the birth of the Apostle.

The last reading will be from Revelations because, erm, that's the last book of the bible. Though the last words, "The one who gives this testimony says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! " will probably make a few more people perspire.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join