It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Germans Going to Declare Martial Law as Well?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I just came across this small article:

Tile:Germany to allow domestic military deployment

Link

They are going to amend the German constitution to allow domestic military deployment.
Do You think they will declare Martial Law?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

It certainly is a strange coincidence that they are making this move right now. I can't help but get the feeling that something big is about to go down. Then again, I spend too much time here so it is probably inevitable.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Looks like the big boys are all expecting something catastrophic in the near future!! I wonder what the inside information is?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Holy Cow!

WTH?

Do you all think this is more geared for an alien invasion? Sounds stupid, but i just have run out of reasons

BBC is reporting an alien invasion event.(this one is a misunderstanding)
No alien attack being reported, just Nck Pope saying that its a possibility in the future because nobodys paying attention.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think global economic collapse is a more likely cause than alien invasion. Germany is taking this meltdown pretty bad right now as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That is true. The German index DAX already tanked by 5.1%; going down further hour by hour.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

It looks like most foreign markets were down about 5% today. Russia took another 9% drop though.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Holy Cow!

WTH?

Do you all think this is more geared for an alien invasion? Sounds stupid, but i just have run out of reasons

BBC is reporting an alien invasion event.(this one is a misunderstanding)
No alien attack being reported, just Nck Pope saying that its a possibility in the future because nobodys paying attention.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by dgtempe]

Hi there, I can't find anything about your BBc report??
Is there any chance you can give us the link to this story please.....

Thanks x

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I live in Germany so I certainly hope there isn't anything too serious behind this. I hadn't even heard about it. Our news media and our politicians constantly assure us that our financial system is a lot safer than in other countries, and they act as if we didn't have anything to do with what's happening on the global financial market. Unfortunately, the truth seems to be catching up to them faster than they had imagined.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hi guys!! I live in Italy, a few months ago, italian governement put on the streets 4000 military force people, to fight against "criminality", in ten most important cityes of Italy, .........last week the same governement aproved to send 2000 military force from "Folgora" regiment in Napoli to fight against "camorra" ,mafia ...............I hope I was useful

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No...Germany isn`t expecting anything horrible to come...the change in consitution is essential to allow the military to act in certain situations like catastrophies, disasters, terror attacks...
It´s still forbidden by law, German military is only allowed to react not to act.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by darlin

Why the need for a change though? Hasn't Germany survived this long without the military patrolling the streets?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Same story here in Belgium, Bullhorn.

Assurances that the Belgian Banking system is 'much better managed and impervious to the recent economic hardships' and fluff to that effect.

All these reassurances seem to fail to take into account banks are not National anymore, they have become international behemoths who are all interconnected.

worrysome news, the story about Germany also changing laws to allow domestic military deployments.. I'm expecting most Euro country's to follow suit, because sooner or later the cat's gonna get out of the bag and we, the public, will have to face up to just how much we all have been shafted, both by banks and by the traitors called politicians..

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by darlin

Why the need for a change though? Hasn't Germany survived this long without the military patrolling the streets?

Huh...no military patrolling the streets neither in Germany nor in any other European country.
I dont where you are from and in how far you are familiar with German law and rights. But giving the military the rights to help during floots, accidents and so on has really nothing to do with patrolling the streets in any kind of military action.
Or would you blame the US military for helping during the New Orleans floot?

Aren´t there some other countries in the world patrolling where they shouldn`t as it´s not their home country?
This is something to worry about-
MHO.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not sure of all the non-europeans knowing this. But the germans are famous for demonstrations. They lay down work and halt industries for only a 5% pay increase. Just the last big stand-off during the holliday season a few months back by Deutsche Bahn (german rail) employees called for an almost impossible traffic of humans and goods. Costing the state millions a day. Even the medical staff, doctors and nurses went to the streets last month. But that said, germans are very peacefull protesters. They succesfully can gather lots of people to join the mob, and it rarely doesn't get out of control. I hope it stays that way. The german executive stands much closer to its people than in many other countries. Thta's my own oppinion by living there for 2 years. And I also beleive that the german people still have controll over their government. Well, more than in many other countries. The problem I see is not that europeans have to worry about starting a war between each other, more have they have to worry about other nations using europe to fight other nations battles in their own country.

Hope that made sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
OK, let's agree to disagree. Personally, I see a problem when the constitution needs to be amended to allow the use of the military in your home country. Your nation has managed to get along well enough without needing them in the past, so why the sudden need for military assistance?

The same thing applies with the US. For the life of me, I can't justify why we all of the sudden need to allow our combat troops to patrol the "Homeland".

The fact that both countries are making this move at relatively the same time seems odd. If you don't agree, that is fine. This is just where I am coming from.

www.contrarianprofits.com...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Wow..as if the financial meltdown & Russian aggression wasnt enough.

I have a feeling some major changes are going to occur in the world over the next few months including the total collapse of the US dollar & Russian incursions in Europe.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Russian incursions in Europe?
What are you talking about?
*looks to left and right*
The only Russian far and wide is my tea....

Why do you think so?
I mean, I would really like to know and to understand what you are talking about.
Russia has enough to deal with ...they have made up trouble areas south of their border as we all know by now, and they are def not threatning the whole European Union.

Talking about aggression in the world, there are some other places in the middle east which host much more trouble because some countries invaded others without any reason and opened Pandora´s box by that incursion.

Better mind your own business before judging other countires on this planet.

Sorry, no offence...but I don`t like judgements without any clear and authoritative evidence.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darlin

I said Russian incursions are going to happen..not 'have' happened. Georgia was their first stop on a European tour. Turkey is next. Mark my words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join