It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cause of 'Treeman's' barklike growths revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is a very strange looking illness, to say the very very least!

I could not imagine living like this man has been forced to live, I do hope that the next story about him will be his recovery!

link: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Ha! I watched that last night! The story about his recovery,well,I caught the last 15 minutes of it.

He's now had 90% of the growths removed,and is rather happy. He will be getting the rest removed,and he has to have therapy on his hands cos his bones were disintegrating. (he has lost 1 finger)They bought him his own rice paddy field and everything,from donations of the well wishers,was rather heart warming.

Go on Dede,show'em what you're made of

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I remember seeing this on Discovery here in Australia last year and I remember feeling sickened and so very very sorry for this poor poor man. I am absolutely delighted to hear that finally there seems to be hope for this man.

His ex-wife is a coward who should be ostracised for the rest of her life. Disgusting behaviour.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm quite glad about this, thanks for sharing :] I've been following this man's story for quite some time, and it's really great that he's finally getting better.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So much negativity in the world... and then this thread.

Thankyou.

I'm happy that this man is recovering.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
didnt they figure this out early last year?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
HPV, hmmm?

It's only a matter of time before we start hearing "Take Gardasil or turn into a tree."

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys, it is refreshing to hear of hope, IMO. I cannot imagine living one day of this man's life, and I have several health problems myself, but nothing could compare to what he has gone through. It reminds me of that old saying 'that which does not kill us only makes us stronger'.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I never heard of this story until just a few moments ago, it's sad when simple medical treatments are not so easily accessible by the poor. It reminds me of all the rare disfiguring diseases that do afflict people, we should praise medicine.

new topics

top topics

join