It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diagnose Me

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
...just the mention of it being like a viel really...have a look through the link on Matakite (click on it) I provided...like I say, may or may not be relevant but hey a good read...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank You for your response again? I did read the article in the link and what was described in it is exactly how my Aunt was born. Except the viel remained on her face. I remeber her face was real wrinkly and her eyes were a dark brown almost black. It almost look as if she was squinting. The first and only time i ever saw her face was about 15 years ago and when i think back i can see her image in the moment i saw her clear as day. We were in a funeral parlor. I can even remeber the details in the back ground such as flowers, my grand fathers casket and the position everyone is standing in in the room.

I wish i could of met her and spoken with her more now. The reason why i never did is because she lived in Ohio and i live in Maryland.

As far as the way i was feeling in my post last night nervous and etc, after much relaxation and rest i have sat and been mindfull of my feelings all day. I do not feel as if something catosrophic is going to happen tomorrow (October 7th) but as if a domino will fall leading to whatever the big thing will be. The domino that will falls will only be seen by people who are looking for it. It will appear in the news but be over shadowed by the campaign, the collapse of a European bank, the stock market and a new development in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Don't ask me how i know the above... i don't know how it do but it is what i'm feeling. I do not kow if it will happen but it will serve primairly as a test and an example for everyone on this site to see and help me gauge what the deal is with me.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't think you're crazy, just a person who happens to experience coincidences more than the average person may, or perhaps only some pay attention to them. Happens to me as well, and in fact one of my good friend's birthday is march 29th, and there's several others I know who also share this birth date. I also have birthdays shared by others in my family and many of them fall on holday or celebration dates. I've never really thought much about the shared birthday thing, because I do think this is just coincidental and actually more common than we might think. Although I should say your birthdate and death one seems rare. But another thing that at one time was quite distressing, was "bad" things kept happening on some of these dates to the point where I almost began to expect it. My child was in a serious car wreck on one of the dates, and the following year two of my children were in car accidents, including this same child again - at the same time, same day, different vehicles and towns. What are the odds on that? The week following that, another child had a minor car accident. Other things and accidents also happened during this time frame.

I think when you have this coincidence thing going on accompanied by psychic feelings and dreams it makes it feel more mysterious, and in my case downright scary, but maybe for you personally it's empowering, because now you want to explore it's usefullness. Good luck, and I hope it all goes well for you.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by violet]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

For the past 20 years that has what i have told my self. That everything was just by chance. More and more though i do not feel it is. That is why i have come here. I want to believe it is something more and i know people will read this who will recognize what i'm talking about and teach me about it. If all in all it is only in my head, atleast i will be able to walk away from this knowing it is just something i have psyched my self up about but these things are so real that i don't believe that will happen. There is a rational side of me that believes this is not real and then there is a side of me that believes this is real but that by my up brining in todays world i have been reprogramed by scociety and our world to think it is weird not question it and always write it off as a scientific explination or chance.

Thank You for your post. Perhaps if you have had occurances like this before my thread and findings could be helpfull to you aswell once more people respond.

edited for spelling and dyslexia

[edit on 6-10-2008 by lightinthedark33]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm not really sure of what you feel about this, and I certainly don't want to go into a few things with myself, but I would suggest that you are able to dial it up when you feel you need to, and likewise, dial it back when you don't want to deal with the emotions.

This is of course dependent on your circumstances of the moment, and then there will be those times when things pop in that you may or may not want to experience. People have a wide range of intuition and awareness - everything from as aware as a fence post to someone who is at times precognitive.

My suggestion would be to see where it goes, but see if you are able to dial it up or back. If so, this may at times give you a break and enhance your perceived sanity. _javascript:icon('
')

Take care who you speak to of these things as it tends to either creep out some folks, or others will pester the crap out of you wanting to get your perceptions of some impending decision or circumstance of their own life.

Do good, be kind, provide sympathetic understanding, and remember that there are some things that those around you shouldn't know. Subtle warnings of caution can of course be expressed, but at times you don't want to be too specific.

The reason I say this is that folks still have free will, and if they perceive that someone has seen a certain event occurring, they may in fact take steps intentionally or unintentionally to make it happen, even something unpleasant.

You just have what some would call, "the sight." It can be a blessing or a curse, and it is up to you to make that determination.

I wish you the very best.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

wow i never thought of it that way. Good reply! As i mentioned in my previous post the only people i have ever spoken to about this was my mother and father. I purposly did it while i was drinking so they would not think i was crazy. Then what i told them happened and they have been going out of there way to talk to me about politics and world events now.

The only reason why i'm comfortable doing it on here is because if someone thinks i'm crazy so be it. I never will have to see them in real life and if i do there is no way we will realize we are who we are.

Thank You for your post.....if i do learn to some harness this gift i will definitly keep in my. I agree letting everyone know what i have felt could be bad.

If you ever want to talk let me know.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Harm and benefit are interchangeable. Counterintuitive, but true. Anytime you want to talk, let me know. The only way to lift a burden is to share it.

And I have broad shoulders.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
dooper, lightinthedark33,

and remember that there are some things that those around you shouldn't know

I disagree. I think the worry there is that if you don't have ESP then don't create panic creating a self fulfilling prophecy. We're beyond that at this point with people predicting doomsday events every week.

If there is a vision you have a duty to call it out for others that don't have them. There is a lot of static on the web. Don't expect many to believe you. But if it is a true gift and some do believe you may do some good.

Take care,

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Feeling the emotions of others - you are an enpath. You are also very psychic if what you have said here is true. Alot of those that have not awaken these abilities think "it's cool" - which is how you can usually tell those that have awaken it from those that have not. For those that have awakened it, "rarely do you hear them say that it's cool." With the knowledge comes a heavy burden and many spend their lives learning to live with it. Cherish the good experiences.

You are not crazy. You are not alone in your concerns about what is coming.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by obsidience

I'm sorry to disagree, but there are truly some things that folks don't need to know. I recall in Vung Tau that among several of us having a nice lunch in a fancy French restaurant that an elderly gentleman, very kind eyes, and very distinguished looking was coming around offering to either read palms or tea leaves and tell my fellows their fortune. They were all laughing and having a good time. When he approached me, I refused. For a reason.

To subtlely suggest to the guy next to me to do the same. It didn't work. When he looked into the tea leaves for this young soldier, his startled expression gave it away. To make it worse, he quickly grabbed the guy's palm and his brow furrowed. He refused at that point to give his "reading" and promptly excused himself and left.

Everyone there knew what happened. The guy who was the subject of this was just sick. He was killed by an AK about three weeks later. The thing is, he was most miserable during those three weeks. He had lost hope. He was not sharp. He was troubled and preoccupied.

No, you don't tell all you know. Not by a damned sight.

It's alright. He already knows what I'm talking about. What he has is a gift/burden. Harm/benefit. The wisdom is using his insight wisely for good.

Do you really, really want to know what is in your future? Think long and hard about that. I can already assure you that you really, really don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I have to agree with dooper on that one.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

First off, I don't think your crazy. I, myself experience things like this but mine are more visionary. I do sometimes get that "doom feeling" like something is going to happen. But I think everyone experiences this at some point in life.
Do you experience these feelings in a cycle? What I mean is, do you have them for say a week or month and then they may subside for awhile and then return again?
My visions come in cycles, I may have so many in say a 3 month period and then they seem to subside for a period of time and then when I think that maybe there gone , there back...
I myself have been burdened by these visions. It has taken a toll on me and there were times I thought I would lose my mind. I have to admit, Im a fearful person when it comes to the unknown. I hate to not have control.
But mine come out of the blue, wide awake doing everday activity, them bam....Its like Im watching a movie clip in front of me. Sometimes what I see I don't have alot of detail and don't understand some of it.
I will give one example as to one of my visions.

My mom wanted me to come down and spend the night with her and dad.
I did this occassionaly just to get out of the house and spend some time with my parents.
My mom wanted to play a game on the computer, so I sat on her bed and watched her play. All of a sudden, I started having a vision. I hollared at her to grab her tablet of paper and to write down what I told her I was seeing.
I said: what I am seeing is alot of people in a big city. Many people scurring around looking fearful, and all these people had masks on their faces. The kind of masks that cover the nose and mouth. I told her that I didn't know what was going on, but I knew that it had something to do with peoples breathing(lungs). Then WHAM it came on CNN about the SARS incident. It showed people over in Asia wearing these masks. My mom freaked out!! And so did I. My mother is the one that I tell all this stuff to. When I have a vision, I call her immediately.
Ive had many of these and they are never visions of something good.
There is always an incident that will take place after my vision that corresponds with what I see.

My life has been burdened by these and other incidents that surround me. But I have to say that I had one peticular vision , that was so disturbing to me I thought I was gonna die from pure fright. I cant hardly tell this one without breaking down. It still haunts me to this day..This one was more personal.
I could go into the paranormal activity that goes on in my house, but that would be another story.
I do question these things within myself, wondering why me.? Some people think Im psyhic, I don't think I am. What it is or where it comes from is way beyond my comprehension. All I can say is I don't like them and never want to experience another, but then again, I can't seem to control them. It is a vicious cycle that never ends.
I remember my mom or my grandmother telling me years ago about a female relative having been born with this veil you are talking about.
They said the veil was black and completely covered her face. I had never heard anyone else mention this until you did. But they said that she could also see things,
She even told her husband exactly when he was going to die and how. And he did.
But your story is interesting. I would like to hear more.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
dooper, HauntingzInk,

I continue to disagree and I appreciate the story dooper but I'm not swayed.

There is another thread on ATS titled "Something has changed, timeline?". Behind the thread is a theory called the many worlds interpretation or multiverse theory. A scientific theory that could account for many unscientific and wacky things such as ESP and the dreams lightinthedark33 has had.

If the theory holds true, it is my belief that premonitions are not the happenings of a future on our world BUT the present of another world similar to our own. Events are not set in stone and if someone told me I was going to die tomorrow - I would want to know about it because I'm not going down without a god darned fight.

There isn't anything you can say to change my mind and I will assume the same with you.

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I find it interesting that you mentioned that you felt sort of an impending disaster coming (Oct. 7th) but then relaxed about it and felt like nothing bad was going to happen after all. I experienced the exact same thing. I have always been somewhat of an empath and able to foresee or feel certain events about to happen. Days before Oct. 7th I was full of anxiety since about 2 months ago I began having dreams about nuclear fallout and airplanes being taken down by missiles. Yesterday came and I woke up with all of my anxiety gone and as the day progressed I knew that nothing was going to happen after all. I wonder if something changed in the course of history yesterday that was SUPPOSED to happen? Just my thoughts.
By the way - fascinating life my friend!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Wow thank you everyone in this forum for being so supportive. I thought when i made my post i would get a ton of lashings.

I have been extremly buisy with work this week but will make soem time early next week to get back to everyone who has responded to my post. If anyone out there would like to take a little bird under their wing please U2U me.

I look forward to hear more of this communities ideas on me. Everyones input is important to me because it is the only way i will learn about my self.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey mate ,welcome aboard,
nice post and there's no doubt u have a gift. Couple of questions,1- are your "experiances" getting more negative as appossed to when you were younger?
2-have you ever seen anything thing out of the ordinary "visually"?
3- are you an only child?
dont mean to pry into ur life just trying to get a bit of a back ground.

thanks again for the post and hope to here back from u.
peace

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
lots of people have been called crazy for many centuries but really we dont know if they are crazy or not because there are things that we dont understand but others do

ancient people knew things about this and they didn't call people crazy its just these days since modern medicine came in that we call them crazy

many years ago people were druids and soothsayers and they knew stuff that others didnt and they could also see stuff that others couldnt becuase they werent crazy but smart in a different way that we now dont understand at all

i see things and hear things that other s dont see or here because im different in some ways to toehr people but they dont call me carzy or stupid because i know that these things are real and so did people from a long time ago like the druids and others at stonehenge otherwise how could they make stonehenge

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The layer of skin over a baby's face is known as a birth cowl. In many cultures it portends a gifted or special child usually imbued with psychic talents or a spiritual gift form God. See this article for an example of someone spiritual associated with this:
www.livinglightcenter.com...
Hope that helps some, also do a search on your favourite search engine for the term and you should get more info. I'm from a fairly psychic/spiritual family myself and am a bit familiar with these sorts of gifts. Try not to let them bother you as try to let them come and ponder about their meanings. I found keeping a journal helpful and joining a non-denominational spiritual group open to diverse spiritual beliefs. The hardest part for me was to focus on individual sensations/images, so much came at me so fast it was like background noise and channel surfing. It also takes a bit to block it out at times. Figure out what triggers it, what helps quiet it and use those things to control how and when it comes. Being sensitive sometimes robs us of the ability to be strong in directing our talents and controlling them. It is a journey of practice and learning. Peace and balance my friend.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't think your crazy at all. I've had moments of precognition myself. Although I won't deny that it gave me a distinctly weird sensation... I feel that all my life it's something that has always been with me. Whether I choose to embrace this or ignore it. Although I'm not certain it's unique to us; I believe it's in everyone. Some people just choose to ignore it. Some of us can't ignore it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join