It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't turn on fox news!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

What I haven't forgotten is that like you, I am entitled to my own opinion.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
They're running a smear campaign against Barack Obama. They're trying to paint him as a terrorist with radicalist ties. This is nothing but propaganda made up by Rupord Murdoch to support the GOP.

If you're watching TV do not watch Fox News.

They are putting out the same kind of bs again and again.

Don't let fox brainwash you. Don't just watch fox news for fun. DO NOT WATCH IT AT ALL.

I say watch what you want to watch and let others watch what they want to watch without making any judgments or any other comments.

After all, who elected you as the final arbiter what what is right and what is wrong in the news or anywhere else. I just read some more of your posts where you attempt to browbeat people that don't agree with you. Did someone mistakenly tell you that you know everything?

Bottom line, just worry about taking care of yourself. I have myself covered, and I'm pretty sure many others do, too.

BTW, aren't you running a "smear campaign" yourself against Fox News?

That would, of course, make you hypocritical if you think smear campaigns are bad.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"It's not that I don't want to know about, it's that these accusations are false and they're attacks. It's a form of racism.

They're trying to paint Obama as a different candidate, that he's different from us. That's what they are trying to do to get new voters to stop paying attention to Obama."

______

Your going to have to explain to me how exposing a persons past is a form of racism.

HOGWASH...this is your opinion, I could say Obamas campaign and MSNBC are trying to paint MCCAIN as the next G.Bush. That's what they are trying to do to get new voters to stop paying attention to MCCAIN.

see how Ridiculous that sounds?

This is a political campaign, slinging mud is what they do!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by undinemyth]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No, not really. The war we need to be fighting is the war WHEREVER al Qaeda and the Taliban take it. Whether that be the mountains of Northern Pakistan, Iran, or Africa. We are "doing it right" whenever we make our little raids into Pakistan, where Osama may be hiding.

I don't ever watch Fox News but if they are actually digging into Obama's past FINALLY, more power to them. Perhaps if the mainstream media outlets weren't so intent on polishing this turd from the beginning, it wouldn't come as such a "shock" to Obama supporters.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This whole thing amazes me. Wall street is collapsing and taking the economy down with it. A lot of Americans are afraid of losing their jobs, losing their retirement funds, and facing a depression. People really want to hear what the candidates plan on doing about the economy if they are elected. Instead we hear about terrorists ties and other crap.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

John McCain isn't really that much different from GWB when you think about it. I however think that no one should be smeared no matter who they are. Let's just look at what happened with GWB.

I'm not running a smear campaign against fox news. I'm just trying to get more people to be aware of the fox news slant. They like to put a conservative spin on things.

And yes, we need to be fighting wherever al-qaeada is, and I agree with Barack Obama, I don't think we need to be in Iraq right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You must be a Keith Olbermann FANATIC.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by centurion1211

John McCain isn't really that much different from GWB when you think about it.

In your mind, Franki. In your mind. That's the only one you have. It's also the only one you have any right to try and control. Once you finally understand this concept and stop trying to force your views on to others as if they are God given facts, you will be able to fairly converse with others.

Funny (actually very intellectually sad) how some can believe that it's only a "smear" if it comes from Fox News, and nothing said about Palin on the other networks (for example) has ever been a smear.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

DO NOT PUSH THAT RED BUTTON!
Your post is a sure way to get most of us to WATCH FNC. Duh.....Human nature dude.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Buck Division

You are sooo right. I have turned from a bubbly personality, everything is ok and love everyone to a bitter woman. A hag. A witch. I am now jaded. Thanks to this world.

I can sure relate to that! When I was a sheeple, I was bubbly and happy all the time. Now, I am "a bitter woman. A hag. A witch. I am now jaded.

That is the story of ATS I am afraid. The horrific secret reality of this world, well -- it takes you down a couple of notches I think.

But I find it hard to believe your personal assessments. (That goes the same for DG as well). Hags? Not possible. Witches? More believable -- but that is what makes you so cool!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Obama a terrorist? Absolutely not! You really can't deny he does have radical ties though.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why watch any of the major news networks unless you are studying propaganda?I boycott all of this tripe.As far as I am concerned,Obama is McCain is Mcdonalds is disneyworld and Big pharma and it all leads to mental fluff of no import.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Politics is all about getting "in bed" (if you will) with as many groups, demographics and orginizations as you can. What suprises me is that when FOX stated that McCain and Obama were out looking to get this groups and that groups votes that someone didn't jump up and get upset. They were in essance trolling for votes or selling themselves to the populace. HELLO!!! I have a hard enoght time pleasing one woman... How could I gain the votes of the whole womans league. Plus the NAACP and the Steel Guild plus the...............................

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Obama a terrorist? Absolutely not! You really can't deny his does have radical ties though.

IMO, no rational person - either for or against Obama - can claim he is a terrorist himself. There is that old saying, however, that you are known by the company you keep. Therefore, IMO, I also believe that no rational person can say that Obama does not have some radicals that many in the U.S. find distasteful, in his list of current and past associates.

Perhaps many wouldn't find this list of associates so troubling if Obama had been a little quicker to disavow, rather than defend.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know, America is under an extreme crisis, and all the mainstream media can do is talk about the dawg-gone economy! Oh, there was a hippy threat back in the early 1970's and apparently one of the candidates was romping around in his pajamas with people who had on beards and long hair and so we are told and then dang it, the liberal media wants to talk about the 800 point drop in the stock market and multi hundred billion dollar bailout! ...and the Obama camp just like Putin who rears his head and goes to Alaska, dares try to distract us from the goings on of more than thirty years ago though!

Boy if it wasn't for Fox news doing the reporting, we wouldn't know what in the heck to decide, you know?

*edited with star envy*

[edit on 6-10-2008 by skyshow]

[edit on 6-10-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Does anybody realize that the canadates can say what ever they want about anything they want.So how do you know weather they are being truthful or just saying what they think you want to hear to get elected.Personaly I would try and look up there records from the past,maybe find out who they are as a person,you know like Obama did to Palin by sending all those investagaters and lawyers to Alaska.

Point being unless you look into who someone is and has been in there past you have no real way to know if what they say is true and with politicians you still have a hard time once you think you know who they are.

I truely worry about motive of the thread when the OP brings race up because people want to know the truth about Obama's record and his past life.Are we still being called Racest if we question Obama about anything???

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Thats because Obama truly does have history with these kind of creeps...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I'll tune right in to Fox News and keep my TV on even when I'm sleeping or not at home.

Thanks again for choosing to influence my TV viewing habits.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join