It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are we supposed to get to heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, I tried asking this question in ATS but got pummeled, so I thought I'd give it a shot here(and I'm sorry if this has been discuessed before, I did a search but didnt find anything) anyway, here goes:

I have been raised Christian and have always been told that "only Christians go to heaven, through Jesus." But when I started to think about this I found it kind of rediculous this is. I mean there are so many people who without second thought say they are Christian but live the most corrupt life. If God were just and loving, wouldn't he love a buddhist(just for example) who practices his religous beliefs, or any man who truly appreciates his life more than a half-@$$ed Christian who goes to church only a few times a year and rarely even touches a bible? And secondly, even if you pray to god, is there ANY kind of recognition? no. But it seems odd to me that in your heart you can truly feel when you've done something spiritually wrong or right, which is the only sign that god has ever given me to show me what to do. I think that only people who 1)Hate life/try to kill themselves or 2)People who have killed other people without asking for any kind of forgiveness deserve to go to hell. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Your premise puts Kurt Cobaine in Hell.

You can't help your brain chemistry. Depression is a disease. Why would you think all people that hate life or commit suicide should go to hell?

I know it's a "sin" but we're rewriting the rules right? Since you admit the Christian view that you only get to Heaven through Jesus is a crock of bigotry, eh?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I found this comment from Jesus in Revelations:

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot. I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.

Basically, that seems to imply that the half-@$$ed Christian who goes to church only a few times a year and rarely even touches a bible is destined to stoke the furnaces while little demons stuff implements into his various orifices for eternity. And serves him right too.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I find it weird that Christians are always used as a example. You do realize that in most other major religions there is somthing you have to believe to get into heaven. Muslims believe that if you think jesus was the son of God then you are Going to hell. The reason we believe what we do "i.e. Christians" is because Jesus died for us. That is it, that simple, its what we beleive. Why , because the Bible says so. and I know a lot of you hate that answer, but somtimes thats just how it is, sorry if thats not a great answer, but faith is the key to our beliefs. If you have no faith, or beleif in our religion it is really hard to comprehend, and thus hard to explain to others. People don't seem to get that. It is easier for us to beleive because we experience it, we dont just blindly follow, we do see things in our life. Everyday, as I am writing this , not 45 minutes earlier I was almost killed in a 18 wheeler accident. You can call it divine help, or luck, but you see we don't choose to see it as God, for some reason we just know.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Dark_Acid,

You bring up some good points. I have written some threads on this forum expressing my thoughts on Hell based on what is written in the Bible, and personal experience.

Part of the conclusion I am moving toward is that heaven and hell are not places one goes to someday. They are where one is at right now based on the way they see "it", and more importantly, what they do with the truth that is revealed to them from on high.

The great sin of this generation is that man has taken the life of Jesus and degraded it into a piece of merchandise that has been used to created a false sense of peace & safety (the "matrix"). It has also made many people wealthy while justifying and overlooking corruptions that have not been since the days of Noah.

As it is written:

It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy law. Psa. 119:126.

new topics

top topics

join