It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone else scared?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

i enjoyed your summation and your perspective, truly. i am still laughing. i'm one of those waiting on "I told you so." so, when i read your post you made my day.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
yea i figured it was but there always is that one guy who has to be overly sarcastic and fix everything. yes i did chuckle when i read it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Couldn't have said it better myself, Elf.
And I didn't.
Which is why you get a star.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

i love this thread. kudos to you "dooper" and here's another reason that's got my blood pressure up:

....'The Congress finds the following: `(1) The development and implementation of methods and processes that can be utilized to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence in the United States is critical to combating domestic terrorism. `(2) The promotion of violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence exists in the United States and poses a threat to homeland security. `(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens. `(4) While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts to combat international terrorism, it must also strengthen efforts to combat the threat posed by homegrown terrorists based and operating within the United States. `(5) Understanding the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence is a vital step toward eradicating these threats in the United States. www.govtrack.us...
Text of H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
yes now its the internets fault we have terrorism. i would've guessed its cause kids were watching violent movies.

[edit on 07/17/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

ha ha ha. got to put the blame somewhere so congress passed this homegrown act. just like the environmentalist are saying it's the cow's crap that contributes the most to global warming!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Why scared? Dont you know that your worst enemy is your own fear?!

No matter how bad things get, you cannot expect to get through them if your all wrapped up in your own fear.

Fear is the first step to failure.

It is better to be prepared for what may come than to sit around and fear what might come. And trust me, your frear will not help you survive if things do hit the bottom.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

ha ha ha. got to put the blame somewhere so congress passed this homegrown act. just like the environmentalist are saying it's the cow's crap that contributes the most to global warming!

the government uses blame to pass most of the laws that at any other time would not have been passed. would the patriot act been passed on spetmebr 10th? i doubt it.

Originally posted by RFBurns

Why scared? Dont you know that your worst enemy is your own fear?!

No matter how bad things get, you cannot expect to get through them if your all wrapped up in your own fear.

Fear is the first step to failure.

It is better to be prepared for what may come than to sit around and fear what might come. And trust me, your frear will not help you survive if things do hit the bottom.

Cheers!!!!

fear is what the government is shooting for. if the public is fearful the money is good. look at all the people who bought duct tape after the government talked about threat of bio weapons.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know you said that you are not a very religious person but just hear me out, (after all im sure you read a countless amount of useless information daily) and if you want to take this as "useless info" thats up to you and everyone else. What you said about the world going to hell is the absolute truth. Religion does not save people, its a deception that satan wants us to believe so that we can think "oh im a christian/catholic i go to church on sundays ill be saved" what saves people is their personal relationship with God/Jesus christ. Dont get me wrong, i do go to church on sundays and i just started going on wednesdays but i do it to stregthen that personal relationship. With that said I want to let you know that there is a way to over come those fears and worries that you and millions of other have today, at this very second. You have to trust that everything that is happening, happened, or going to happen is part of a bigger plan. Its the plan of something that is not from this earth. I dont know if you have ever picked up a bible but in the bible there is a section or book called revaltions, it speaks of things that we are living through now. I dont know where people get the ideas that God or Jesus wants to do them wrong i can only assume that its one of satans many many deceptions to keep them from seeing the truth. After all dont you want the assurance that if you die today you will have everlasting life in heaven. Why take a chance?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

i am ashamed i did not scrutinize all bill, act together w/all other names passed thru congress prior to their passing. while i was tiptoeing thru the tulips i have left my children nothing short of a horrific future as the doors to freedom have been shut all in the name of security. i place blame directly on the shoulders of the people of the united states.

Tocqueville also saw a stark difference between the leaders in America and the people. “I have heard Americans speak of their homeland. I have met with true patriotism among the people; I have often searched for it in vain among their leaders. This fact is easily understood by analogy: despotism corrupts the person who submits to it far more than the person who imposes it. In absolute monarchies, the king often has great virtues, but the courtiers are always vile.” Were all Americans always so malleable? Tocqueville describes a unique character that filled the souls of Americans in earlier days. “When the American Revolution declared itself, remarkable men came forward in droves. In those days, public opinion gave direction to their wills but did not tyrannize them. The famous men of the day freely took part in the intellectual movement of their time yet possessed a grandeur all their own. Their brilliance, rather than being borrowed from the nation, spilled over onto it.” The establishment media has served, among other things destructive to our liberty, to marginalize truth tellers, whistle blowers, and groups who pose a threat to established thought and power. We are to believe that we are alone. No one else feels the way we do, so we are told. Fortunately for us, a variety of developments have effectively broken this mechanism of control for millions. The internet is connecting like minded people world-wide, and the alternative media is exploding. Bring back the grandeur and independence of thought that once filled this nation. Tyranny has been brought to a science while sophisticated social engineering practices have emerged in the many years after Tocqueville’s writing, but even they cannot take hold of your soul.
intelstrike.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
i place blame directly on the shoulders of the people of the united states.

its not too late to change things.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

for the past 2 years i have been steady at it attempting to reach as many of my representatives, my family, my friends; however, i have never been met w/such opposition to truth.

To illustrate, here are the roll call votes for eleven pieces of legislation that have defined the Bush Era of big, unlimited, unchecked government, the "Upsize DC Agenda:" 107th CONGRESS (2001-02)
* P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act
* No Child Left Behind
* creating the Dept. of Homeland Security
* Iraq War authorization
* Sarbanes-Oxley
* Bipartisan Campaign Finance Reform (McCain-Feingold)

108th CONGRESS (2003-04)
* Medicare Drug Benefit 109th CONGRESS (2005-06)
* P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act II
* Military Commissions Act 110th CONGRESS (2007-08)
* FISA Amendments Act
* Big Bailout

35 Democratic Senators have served throughout all four terms. Of the 35, * Just one, Russ Feingold, voted against the Republican President as many as nine times * Only four others voted against the President as many as six times: Akaka, Byrd, Leahy, Levin * 21 - 60% - voted against the President three or fewer times, including Majority Leader Reid, Majority Whip Durbin, Vice Presidential nominee Biden, Presidential candidates Clinton and Dodd, John Kerry, and the iconic "liberal" Ted Kennedy.
www.downsizedc.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This fear thing is the reason why we are in the position we are in now. It's what controls us...the elite know that and created sciences based upon it to further expose it just so they can control you. Seams they already did. Realize though it IS NEVER TOO LATE! I promise on everything that it is true. Do not give up your last inch(Got that from V for Vendetta) (U should watch that like me "very psychoticaly"..at least 2 times back to back"). Actually YEAH...Watch that movie you. It will exemplify what ever crap i am gonn a write. Peace Family

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Dont worry man, the world is always about to end. Every single generation lives in the fear of a catastrophe that will either end mankind or civilization and never anything happens.

When it ends it ends. Live the life without thinking about the possibility of not waking up tomorrow. Be positive and optimistic, SMILE!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
dont be scared life is just a ride

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
nope...im glad to be living in these times because we are going to be seeing beautiful change..in the end good prevails like times before

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join