It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone else scared?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
this thread kind of reminds me of
this thread

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

All threads are related now.

There is one concern and i think most of us share the burden.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
im not so much scared as i am upset for the simple fact that if all hell does break loose im screwed because i depend on medicine and a machine to keep me alive so lol if it does go down im screwed and having to die a slow painful death isnt goin to be happy times for me thats just my thoughts

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm freakin terrified. Lol. There's so many things that have been predicted throughout the ages. It all seems to be coming to a head now and it all seems to be connected.
In my opinion 2012 could be either a negative thing; the world ends, the poles shift, natural disaster, nuclear holocaust, etc. or a positive thing; a mass awakening, a revolution of some sort. I'm hoping for the latter.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pstar

For me in your situation I would look forward to it, it may be a painfull and slow death but at the end of it you will be released from your burden.
Hats off for continuing with your life though there a man across the street from me on that relise on pills and a machine for his kidneys and he is sitting around waiting to die becuase he does not believe he will get his transplant

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I'm personally not worried about it worst that could happen is being drafted I guess or being killed outright and if WW3 does happen well we might not be around long enough for that anyway.

It would have to be a very stupid country that started it and I can't see anyone benefiting from it we are not in the same kind of situation as world war two were it was still actually possible to win a war.

World war three today means everyone loses there can be no outright winners or countries that manage to avoid destruction on their own soil every one will be worse off.

I can't see it happening but if it does I'll deal with it then and I don't think any amount of worrying about it will help.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
reply to post by Pstar

For me in your situation I would look forward to it, it may be a painfull and slow death but at the end of it you will be released from your burden.
Hats off for continuing with your life though there a man across the street from me on that relise on pills and a machine for his kidneys and he is sitting around waiting to die becuase he does not believe he will get his transplant

Wow. That's bit of a downer.

I know you probably mean well, but the chap that relies on a machine and medicine should be given some advice, least of which is to sit around and wait to die.

Stock up on meds, find an alternate power source for the machine, something... Fight fight fight!!!

I'm a bit over the depressive responses to these threads. We shouldn't be telling people to freak out completely, but fight who or whatever is threatening them in the world.

You know what would be better? Turn off the TV, the radio, stop reading the internet and newspapers and just say "hey, you know what... I don't care."

The best weapon to control people with is fear.

It's the fear/debt based society that got us all into this mess in the first place.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Yeah I use my machine for the same purpose as your neighbor but like u said you know you cant give up no matter whats happens i mean like the other guy posted youll be released from your burden and i know he meant well but im not through with my life well at least until i dont have a choice anymore the stocking up on meds is hard because well we all know how our government is about that and ive been tryin to look into a generator too but i have started tryin to make up a plan for myself and i know i have ppl that will help if that time comes but thanks for what u said lifted some things off me.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Pstar

not your neighbor the other guys lol

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm ashamed to say I am afraid. The last two weeks have been partiularly stressful for me. The Webbot, Project Camelot, Reinhardt, hell even that Blossom lady - have had an effect on me.

I have to stick with it now, keep myself informed, but after this month is over I need to make sure that I disengage myself from all things ATS for awhile. Because even though I beleive that half the stuff I am reading is bunk I can't help but to feel that " something" is about to happen. That feeling is impacting me in a negative way. My partner is angry with ATS and me because I'm crying for what is to come, my family thinks I'm crazy becasue I took all my money out of the bank, my boss is wondering why I am not doing any work ( I'm on ATS ALL Day!) , and my friends are wondering why I am so aloof and annoyed at them when they laugh off my concerns. I am angry at myself for letting it all get to me. It makes me feel horribly weak and inadequet. I am supposed to be strong and sceptical and yet, I'm finding myself totally controlled by the overwhelming fear. I am crying as I write this because I realize how very stupid I sound. I am so disappointed in myself.

My rational, scientific self is screaming at me to get a grip. My emotional irrational side is screaming for me to rush home, pack my stuff and leave to some place of safety.

I wonder if it would just be better for my emotional health to be in ignorance.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Enough already! Nothings going to happen... yet! Whats going on at the moment is just a precursor to something far more terrifying that lurks up ahead just out of sight over the horizon. From reading fellow ATSers posts I am not the only one who's beginning to feel that tightening in the pit of my stomach that something bad is on the cards.
Every news bulletin, every newspaper and radio programme seems to be giving a minute by minute account of the world as it slowly spiralls out of control. Lieing politicians, out of control kids, rising fuel and food prices, dieing banks and financial institutions, the constant threat of terrorism and a third world war, not to mention the fact that everyone appears to be losing their jobs and being thrown on the scrapheap. We're in big trouble but the worst, I'm sorry to say, is to come- but not for awhile yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Enough already! Nothings going to happen... yet! Whats going on at the moment is just a precursor to something far more terrifying that lurks up ahead just out of sight over the horizon. From reading fellow ATSers posts I am not the only one who's beginning to feel that tightening in the pit of my stomach that something bad is on the cards.
Every news bulletin, every newspaper and radio programme seems to be giving a minute by minute account of the world as it slowly spiralls out of control. Lieing politicians, out of control kids, rising fuel and food prices, dieing banks and financial institutions, the constant threat of terrorism and a third world war, not to mention the fact that everyone appears to be losing their jobs and being thrown on the scrapheap. We're in big trouble but the worst, I'm sorry to say, is to come- but not for awhile yet.

might sound selfish of me but i just don't want to die. # the economy and politics and war. i jsut don't wanna die.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Regarding the economy, martial law, WWIII, etc... There is no need to worry yourself.

Because before any of that other stuff happens, a comet will crash into Earth and kill us all.

I hope that helps you sleep better... nighty, night.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

What will be, will be..................we are not in control - UNLESS we revolt.....LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Final Countdown

There is still a belief being held by many Americans that the U.S. Economy will stabilize at some point, and life will return back to normal. Unfortunately I must inform you now, that this is not ever going to happen. If you have followed U.S. and World economic news reports over the last twelve months, a bleak picture begins to emerge that is clearly leading to a future economic catastrophe. The White House recently reported a deficit of $482 Billion for Fiscal Year 2009, but the true number is $789 billion. There has been 463,000 jobs lost so far in 2008 and the job market is steadily declining. Major foreign companies are starting to refuse U.S. Dollars in favor of Euros as payment, and the big players in Oil are looking at $500 a barrel to be paid in the future. The U.S. dollar has drastically fallen to record lows and is worth about seventy cents right now on the global market and all signs point that it is not going to ever get any stronger, but quite the opposite.

All of this happening while companies like Exxon Mobil Corp. just reported a second-quarter earnings of $11.68 billion profit, which broke all business records to date by any U.S. corporation ever. American banking institutions are beginning to tumble like dominoes, one after the other. The FDIC insures banks up to $100,000 for each individual. With this said, the FDIC is really just a government agency, and who is to say when our economy collapses that the FDIC will be able to help anyone.
www.uaff.us...

this was written by B.A. Brooks on 9/4/08 and i totally agree with what he has been preaching to all who have eyes but do not see and ears but do not hear.

i'm only afraid for my children and my grandchildren.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Tesla, get a life threatening illness. Feel like crud for three years. Unable to work. Go thru your 401, savings, and home equity to stay afloat.

No, I am not afraid. I will be adjusting to my new circumstances.

My paid Lexus is on the block. I will be having an estate sale, and am working with two realtors to sell my home of fifteen years.

I am way beyond afraid. Just numb.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As bad as this may sound to some, I think the best thing that can happen for the whole of humanity is some major, worldwide catastrophe. Something that could unite all of the world's people into one common goal or philosophy.

Take the banking system, for example. If it collapses, it collapses. It will be very painful for all (some more than others)but perhaps it will force mankind to come up with a new economic system. One that doesn't rely on pretend money, debt, and social classes. I can wish can't I.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Don't worry. I remember feeling much the same thing back during the Reagan years, when lots of people thought his macho swagger just might bring us into a nuclear war with the Soviets. I know my parents generation felt that same kind of fear during the time of the Cuban missle crisis.

That kind of "oh things are horrible, look at all the bad news" feeling has been around for a long time now. The difference is that with the information overload coming from the internet we are becoming less and less able to emotionally process all of it. We are bombarded constantly with doom and gloom predictions, some of them valid but most a lot of crap.

My kids make jokes about it all. They watch a lot of Discovery channel shows and so can't decide whether our doom will come in the form of an asteroid impact, a tsunami, global warming, terrorism, or the Yellowstone supervolcano.

I think the attitude to have is to have enough confidence in yourself to realize that no matter what happens you'll likely do ok - or at least better than your neighbors.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Im not scared so much as concerned.
I dont want some Ass Wipe politician to declare martial law before I can get out of this place to see my wife and daughter again.

To me eveything hinges on that. Not to mention economic calamity which will piss in my chips for real!

Theres alot of people who speak smugly about what will and will not happen in absolutes, However no one can know for sure. Im not saying that martial law for example will occure, Im just preparing myself mentally for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Don't wish to sound strange but... I sort of am looking forward to it, I feel like so long as I make the right decisions now I can survive...

The real hell of it can't last more than 4 years as I figure

and well

I want it over with already so I can go on with my life

I feel like these years leading up to it and knowing it's going to come and all, makes for a tiresome hopeless feeling

somedays I just want the sh to hit the fan so It can be over

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join