It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone else scared?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
anyone who has been reading the news or turned a tv knows that the world is going to hell.

2012 seems just around the corner and world war 3 is gonna start any day now. so I'm just wondering who else is scared.

i am scared #less. i am pretty young and i would be really pissed if my time here would be cut short. there is some really #ed up # going on and bailouts aren't making me feel much better.

are we really gonna see the end of the world. will it be quick? will it be man made? will i die in my sleep? these kind of thoughts scare me. i am not a religious person so i don't believe much in these bible prophecies but common sense tells me the # is hitting the fan all over the place.

i don't know just some thoughts that have been on my mind. i hope i live to have kids. or atleast get married. wow this is terrible.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You should only be worried if it does hit the fan,not that it will.Some things are out of our control.It is easy to let this crud get to you.Have faith in humanity.Try to be far-sighted in this.If you prepare for the worst and expect the best,as the old saying goes,you have a better chance of surviving if it does hit the fan.Read something that interests you.Distract yourself.Do not forget,but realize that worrying too much can destroy your mind.Take a deep breath,and think of positive ways you can better your situation.Sorry you feel this way,I hope the best for you and I hope some of what I said helps.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Yeah, marriage can be scary.

No need to be scared now, if all hell breaks loose there will be plenty of time for fear.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i mean just so much # is happening maybe it natural for every generation to think theres will be the last. i dont wanna worry but its hard to do when your surrounded by all this craptastic news. makes me feel great...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Well, there's been bad news pretty much since the beginning.
Imagine if one had CNN during the inquisition for example.
Fox would support it obviously.

Sometimes it's good idea to take a break from the news, and god forbid, ATS.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by N. Tesla

Fox would support it obviously.

lmao that was good. i understand that there has always been #ty news but there is just too many end of world signs and predictions in my generation for my liking. i guess its a wait and see kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just read a post from David Wilcock's web site devinecosmos.com that might help you out...it helped me:

"I agree. I have been giving this a lot of thought lately. This is going to be a test for mankind. Do we fight fire with fire? Do we pick up guns and kill in order to save ourselves? In other words, do we cut off our left hand to feed the right?

No, I don't want to and I don't think I could kill even if I did want to. It is just not in my being. So what then do I do? I want to live, I don't want to just allow myself to be killed.

I think the answer can be taken from Gandhi's example. Power in numbers with love. All of us Americans, and the whole world, joins together in love and peaceful resistance.

But yeah, I have been thinking a lot about it. Not with fear but just with consideration.

Cheers." written by FooSnik..senior member of divine cosmos forum

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hey i totally feel you, been there myself, that feeling in your chest that it's a bit too much to intake..here's the few things that got me thinking more positively I've seen much construction going on in cities around the world like major skyscrapers and stuff so i say to myself that if people with a lot of money knew of some impending major catastrophy i would'nt be seeing it on the scale it is.
Rich people want to continue living their luxurious lives. They love their lifestyles and don't want to ruin it for themselves either.

As for example martial law, if you think about it there no way its possible even with blackwater at their side. too many cities, to little of them. there's like only 2 million soldiers and not all would agree with this plan. There's a lot of good people out there. Just keep waking up every day try and smile, live your day because you dont want to look back and say you spend all that time worrying about the future instead of living it. that's when they'll have won. They can only get you with fear as they're primary weapon, and it's a weak amusement park tactic. it wears off.

That being said, the MSM drama queens will continue to hype all this stuff up, there might even be some event that they will align with other events to make it seem '' end of the worldish'' but it won't be. Just continue to live on my friend, cause good shall always prevail. remember that.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sit back, relax... It'll all sort itself out.

I can look out the window here, and the sun is still shining. Man-made problems like the economy might be going belly up, but the whole world itself isn't going to end in any of our lifetimes.

Maybe the next generation though if climate change continues, but I think everyone has been scared past saturation point on that.

The media hypes things up immensely - if it wasn't the economy, it would be raving on about styrofoam cups or some such thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i try to be optimistic and try to ignore the problems or block them out but that stupid to the point of ignorance. you cant deny that problems are going on. ignoring it wont help. i guess i jsut don't like not knowing.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
im not scarred, im excited,

iv had a feeling i would experience some crazy # in my life and now im ready

all i can say is bring it on

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
im not scarred, im excited,

iv had a feeling i would experience some crazy # in my life and now im ready

all i can say is bring it on

i have the same thought. i would be excited to see what would happen in the event of martial law and other politcal problems. but i dont want to die because of them. dieing is jsut not something im look foward to

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You have every right to be scared. Where are the leaders that you and all of us need at this time? Tragic. None of them know what's really going on either.
This is a time for faith in your fellow man. It can turn out to be the most rewarding times of lives. It seems like the problems are reaching a white hot level like the low vibrational scum-bags know their time is just about up.
What follows them I believe will be a new resolve and a better world. But before we get there, we are in for many more changes. But really, don't be discouraged - the more the awareness that spreads, the stronger we all will be.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have 5 children 7 and under and I am not so much scared of the end of life as we know it, the end of time or the end of days which ever you want to call it. Im just scared of the not knowing what to prepare for.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
in anticipation of this comming october 7th thing and october 14th thing i have done some shopping i got lots of batteries for flashlights, a ton of candles and lighters, multiple boxes of bottled water, lots or airborne, lots of toliet paper, tons of canned and dry food including dry milk among other random items, refilled propane tank along with an extra propane tank. im not going to say how much but iv also taken some thousands of dollars out of the bank and am holding it in cash in order to run to the airport and buy one way ticket to buenos aires argentina. i just have a feeling, and if im wrong than i am stocked up for awhile. thought it might seem to some this is a person being afraid, i am merely trying to stay ontop of the game and be prepared for anything

oh also got this handcrank radio that can power my cell phone, it also has 8 national weather service channels built in, it was some red cross item i ran across seemed like it could come in handy

[edit on 6-10-2008 by robertnesta]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i also spent some of my funds this weekend. nothing big but it should last 2 weeks (if nothing happens then atleast im prepared for the future). so i guess we are sticking to the old "hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
"hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

exactly

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Today I checked on our preparedness kits and our food supplies and made sure everything was in good shape. After that I felt a lot better. If you haven't checked out the survival board here, there is a lot of good info on it. I'm praying the 7th and 14th and all of the other days are just normal days, but I've got some peace of mind knowing if things go pear-shaped, I can still feed and care for my family.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have to say that i am dissapointed with life. I am aching so badly right now and to see my ATS friends also suffering is not reassuring. I hurt for you and for me and for everything we hold dear in this world.
This empathy is too much to bear.

Maybe there will be intervention and there will be a miracle. I sincerely hope.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
yea the next couple of weeks will really be important. i hope that whatever happens i am prepared for and i wish luck to everyone else.

yes i have been reading the survival forum. but it doesnt put my mind at ease. jsut kinda tells me that things will happen i jsut gotta prepare.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join