It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is censorship ever "right"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It's all slanted to the government and the criminal, which makes me think that they may be one and the same.

Its always amused me when people talk about organised crime, the government and Big business like they were three different things.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They are different things....... The people who run them however are one in the same.........

A band of criminals, banning together for one purpose.

Power.............oh wait.........and Control.....
oh... I gotta another...Wealth...........

And when you accomplish this, you want domination.

They're sick.........Sick people don't just stop when they get what they want, they get greedy...........

Until someone puts the smackdown on their ass.

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Mar, 27 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Censorship is someone else saying what you should or should not do, and thats never right. We all want the right to learn for ourselves

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And republican and Liberal won't give you freedom of speech.........

Both parties have made this apparant.........

Oh and another thing, since i'm on a political tangent today.....

Please people... Stop putting all your faith in the lib/repub parties, put your faith in your own hands, and start really voting for who would be better........
Both parties are stripping away our liberties, libertarians won't... www.lp.org
It's the biggest third party, and there is nothing wrong with this..
People tend to think that if you vote for a third party, your vote won't count, which is not true...
If it was libertarian against liberal, the repub would be the third party...
Do what repub and liberal won't do..........

Give you true freedom...
I garantee you libertarian will...
I'm not a spokesperson for them, but their principles hold true for the real freedom fighters...
And if you want true freedom, you won't vote for parties that take away your freedoms.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is censorship right??????

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn dude. Go read what I just wrote about Farenheit 451. I'm INSANE about this stuff.

Ok, I've been living in a world where everything I try to produce or say is shot down....but somebody hears it. And we can slowly but surely start a wave. It works. And It's beauty.

And I look back at history....the nazi's book burning...the censorhip that raged through America..smmoe fo the greatest authors of all time and kids I know have never even heard theyre names because their parents and their teachers and their society doesn't approve.

I thought we were moving in a better direction away from it. Or at least trying to. Until I read about a book burning in Pennysylvania at a church not more than 2 years ago. No lie.

A BOOK BURNING! A MOTHER F******, NAZI STYLE, BONFIRE, AMTCHES< SINGIN SONGS AND PRAISIN GOD BOOK BURNING

as if that's not bad enough....guess who suggested it??

THE YOUTH GROUP. THE CHURCH'S GOD DAMN YOUTH GROUP.

Does anybody get as scared #less at this as I do??? If you don't you obviously aren't a youth of America. You obviously aren't sitting in the same class rooms, going to the same movies, and hanging out with the same people that burn books and kill the first ammendment in their own free time. Sure, it's their right.....but ITS DISGUSTING. I've grown up and listened to the horrors of Nazi Germany. And I'm more angry and ready to kick some ass now than I ever was learning about the holocaust...because I don't want to see it happen again.

Dude....THE YOUTH GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You don't even have to go back that far. If Nazi Germany got your bacon burning you'll go nuclear if you read up on what happened in AMERICA in the 50's. The McCarthy era was a blight in a land of "free speech."

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
True intrepid, but the Nazi's have a more powerful impact on alot of people...plus I just did a paper on the Hitler youth groups, so it's lodged in my mind

Thanks for the info though, I'll keep it in mind

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Yeah, remember the Dixie Chick Cd burning parties they had because they said something about being against the war and bush??

This administration is tearing people apart. It's tearing countries apart, and they are creating verbal wars, mental wars, and more people have been imprisoned within the last 4 years, it used to be something like 1.6 million now it's up to 4 or 6 million something...
I'll get some info to back that up... I'll check back in in a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
From what I have seen of censorship it almost always just consists of one side not wanting anyone to here the other sides story.

A prime example is the media not giving third parties a fair share of air time. They do not keep them from BUYING air time but how much FREE airtime do the big two get? Can you turn on a TV set without the news telling you that you have TWO choices this election?

You can not buy that kind of advestising.

Hell even here where you think people would be more open most are CERTIAN that they have ONLY two choices.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My husband tried to censor me last night at the bar..

He told me to shut up because he didn't want to hear my side..
so I didn't talk to him for awhile played some music slammed a few back and waited for him to apologise.

20 mins later, he acted like nothing happened.. He just said, I don't know what your thinking sometimes, but you don't understand...
So is that any reason to shut me up?? NO!!!

He asked me if I wanted this fool to do the floors in our new kitchen and I said no because he's not reliable he doesn't show up for work and does a half ass job.
But see he was going give him an ultimadum either he sues him (which he has nothing to begin with) or make him show up for work and do the floor free!

I said well if you give him an ultimadum like that you think he's going to show up for work if you don't pay him?? He didn't even finish the job last time what makes you think giving him an ultimadum will make him show up for work when he didn't even show up beofre when you paid him??
So he got mad at me because I didn't agree with him, and tried to talk me down... So it became the shut up or I won't talk to you game...

People even try to shut people up on the board, not by saying the words but by insulting them and belitting issues that the person brought up...
I don't think those forms are acceptable either...

Let's get over this already!!
Let eachother talk, even if you don't like it. But no in hell ever try to shut someone up because YOOUUU don't like what they have to say.

peace out homies.
TL

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's okay in some cases. Little kids shoudn't be exposed to it and it shouldn't badly offend anyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's the principal... Nobody wants to be told to shut up, and everybody wants to have their say......

You can't tell people to shut up but then expect people to listen to you, like your the almighty lizardking or something...

It's hypocritical......Look at Barbara Streisand, and Michael Moore...
Drama drama drama...:shk:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81
It's okay in some cases. Little kids shoudn't be exposed to it and it shouldn't badly offend anyone.

What the hell does this mean?

ok, Nlive. I know you are an ATS virgin so I'll just tell you. Running around writing quick and lame one or two liners is not how you get a point across.

Point of Interest - Try to respond to something specific, or better yet, explain what you are saying.

As for your post, censorship is a sham and rediculous.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nlive81

I am offended by this remark so it should be censored.

Any more questions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join