It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Facts About the Number 23

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Remember 5 and 8 are also supposedly "holy numbers": 2+3=5 (Going into the Law of Fives which states that all things happen in Fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of Five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5). Also 2 to the 3rd power is eight.
Many people have gone crazy because of an obsession with the number 23. Here's a few reasons why:

1. 23 is the most commonly cited prime number and the only prime number that consists of two consecutive prime numbers.

2. Two divided by three makes 0.666 recurring

3. The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23.

4. Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23.

5. The Sept. 11th attacks: 9+11+2+0+0+1 add up to 23.

6. Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to the start of human life. The nuclei of cells in human bodies have 46 chromosomes made out of 23 pairs. Egg and sperm cells in humans have 23 chromosomes which fuse and divide to create an embryo.

7. Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times.

8. Kurt Cobain was born in 1967 and died in 1994 - 1+9+6+7= 23, 1+9+9+4 = 23.

9. The Knights Templar had 23 Grand Masters

10. The first morse code transmission - "What hath God wrought?" - was from the Bible passage Numbers 23:23. In telegraphers code 23 means "break the line"

11. "W" is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. It has two points down and three points up. Half of W is V, which is the roman numeral for 5.

12. The "W" on your keyboard is right between the 2 and 3.

13. E is the fifth letter of the alphabet, and also the most commonly used in the English language. Half of W is V, which is the roman numeral for 5.

14. The average human physical biorhythm is 23 days.

15. The Titanic sank on 4/15/1912; 4+1+5+1+9+1+2=23.

16. The tilt of Earth’s axis is roughly 23 degrees.

17. The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section

18. Humans have 23 vertebra running down the main part of their spines

19. Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds

20. The average circumference of a human head in inches is 23

21. The Harmonic Convergence occurs every 23,000 years.

22. Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth’s surface

23. 23 Annunaki aided in the seeding of life on this planet.

24. April 19th as in 4-19... 4 + 19 = 23. April 19 is the date the Battle of Lexington, Waco, and the Oklahoma City Bombing.

25. Asteroid researchers measuring the rotation periods of asteroids reported that none were found with periods of less than 2.3 hours. A rotation period of less than 2.3 hours would cause them to be torn apart.

26. B.C.E the politically correct term meaning "Before Common Era", or more to the point, before the supposed birth of Christ B, C, E: the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th letters of the alphabet

27. The most frequent numbers in the Book of Revelations are 4 (the powerful beasts), 7(seven seals, seven churches, etc.), and 12 (12 apostles, etc.). 4+7+12=23

28. I Corinthians 15:56, Paul said "The sting of death [23] is sin and the strength of sin [13] is the law [10]."

29. The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England is 23 Jaol Rd. In New York it is on 23rd street.

30. There are 2,300 stones comprising the Great Pyramid

31. There are exactly 23 characters, numbers and letters on the face of all U.S. coins

32. On December 23, 1805 the Federal Reserve Act passed in congress.

All in all, pretty much anything can be turned into the number 23. There are 23 letters in my full name (really, I'm not just saying that), there are also 10 vowels and 13 consonants, 10+13=23, my birthday can be turned into the number 23: 9+5+9+0=23, my social security number, my father's license plate number, the list goes on and on. It's pretty interesting, you should try it. It might take a lot of math but it's pretty cool

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shocka
It's pretty interesting, you should try it. It might take a lot of math but it's pretty cool

Yes, it *IS* interesting.. numerology is beautiful (and usually very accurate).

But I can't help but wonder how long you've been watching Jim Carey movie re-runs.

- Mea

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea

It's pretty interesting, you should try it. It might take a lot of math but it's pretty cool

Yes, it *IS* interesting.. numerology is beautiful (and usually very accurate).

But I can't help but wonder how long you've been watching Jim Carey movie re-runs.

- Mea

lolol i was thinking the same thing

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea

Nooo, lol I actually hated that movie. I was really excited to see it because it got really good ratings and was sooo disappointed at how terrible the acting was.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

Hi Shocka-

Sorry- But you could do this with any one/two digit number. . .

How bout 5 then?
( 2+3=5 )

See what I mean?

2PacSade-

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PacSade

I know thats what i was sayinng you can do it with pretty much any number...but research the law of fives

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PacSade

this is blue car syndrome. when you are looking for blue cars, suddenly it seems like almost everyone has one.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I was born at 2:03 on 3-23. I have the same birthday as Lord Paschal Shield of Mayan fame and possibly Christ, plus I used to love Dr. Pepper with it's 23 flavors. Cool info...thank you.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hmm, very interesting. I wonder how many numbers can be built up in this manner?

Here's one for the 2012 people. If you consider the two separated by the zero from the one two, add the one and two together you get three. Then you have 203, take out the zero, and there you go, 23. Not exactly the typical numerology sequence, but seems to jump out at me.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

exactly... thats why people go crazy over it... everything can be turned into that number if you use the right mathematical equation

you could do it like this as well: 12/21/12 is 12 +12 = 24 - 2 = 22 + 1 = 23!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Shocka]

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Fibonacci sequence is:

1,2,3,5,8,13,21...no 23. Other than 2,3 = 5 which is mentioned heavily, and also how you get the sequence to begin with.

I would put more weight into things dealing with it than just the number 23. As you will find it throughout the universe.

Really all you are doing is search for things dealing with 23. You can do that with any number.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

7. Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times.

So was George Bush: The House killed the bailout bill in the first session by 23 votes.

btw, 2 + 3 = 5 isn't as much as appealing as 2 x 3 = 6.
Why?
That's because the word "avatar" has 6 letters. And since W is the 23rd letter in the alphabet, there can be only one word that starts and ends with W: WOW!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I've always been really interested in the Fibonacci Sequence and the Golden Proportion but I never really could bring myself to understand it...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
23 is the Vitruvian code.

See last picture on page:
sacredcirclecosmos.com...

With 23 defining the diameter of the circle, it yields the ratio of diameter of circle to height of Vitruvian Man as 23/19 = 1.21 which is virtually exactly 6/5 (1.2).

And 6/5 x 440 Hertz = 528 is Baphomet code.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-10-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Lol I'm surprised nobody has added the numbers together for oct 14'th.. cmon, do it, I dare you.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

I've always been really interested in the Fibonacci Sequence and the Golden Proportion but I never really could bring myself to understand it...

It's easy. You take the first number and add it to the second number, and that gives you the 3rd number.

So you start with 1. 1+1 = 2. then you move down, 1+2 = 3. Then down again, 2+3 = 5. Then, 3+5 = 8. And you just keep going and going.

The position of the planets follow this I've heard. Bee's family tree's follow it. The spiral of the galaxy follows it. DiVinci shows that the human body follows it perfectly if you've ever seen the picture of the man with arms spread out. Plants all follow it. etc.

I'll post some videos when i have a chance that are good.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ok. here's some cool videos about it. The first one is just about number sequences. You can click on it and get more lessons from the guy. The 3rd video in the lesson is about the Fibonacci sequence. But he also did the things mentioned in lesson 1(squares) etc.

So that is the math side of it. Also, the sequence actually starts with 0,1,1,2. And the 0,1 are the first 2 numbers. I just like to shorten it to starting with 1. But figured I should mention that part.

More things about it.

Spirals - the shell on a snail follows the sequence.

And in a bit of odd syncronicity, I came across this. And I had never even heard the word Vitruvian that I rember until this thread, and then I happen to come across this. I don't really understand what it's saying, can someone kind of lay out how the arms and such come from the circles, or is it talking about the chakras only?

The Fibonacci sequence also apply's to this picture from Di Vinci, but I couldn't find an small example that showed how the spirals fit across the body.

Cool stuff. I'm gonna have to look into that who Vitruvian stuff some more. Got any good starting places?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
On another note, screw you guys, both times I looked at the clock tonight it was 1:23am, and then 6:23am. also 4:44am but I don't know any significance to that.

haha. Could just be a co-incidence but when I saw it im like.... and there it is again...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
23 is weird... Same goes for "unlucky" 13 which continues to carry the stigma. This may be a "US Only" thing... as Japanese think 4 and 9 are unlucky. That is a bit of trivia that came from a game called "Fact or Crap"... which the makers say is Fact, but whatever. 4+9=13 so maybe there is a indirect link between the unlucky number, or perhaps the Japanese are isolate the unlucky elements therein.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My flat number is 23 and my daughter was born the `13th. I haven't really understood the significance of the number and how it relates to my life. However, it is strange that two movies came out at the same time. The movie '23' and '1408' which is the way we write 14th August over here, which is the date of my wedding anniversary.

My life number is 9, and I can't remember the other numbers. However, like I said, I don't understand the significance of these numbers in my life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join