It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persecution or Imagination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by 19DCW71

How have people been anti-Christian in this thread? I think people are anti-ignorance, and sometimes the hold religion has on people frustrates them and they get a little snippey about it. Imagine going to college and everyone in one of your classes believes that Santa is real while you got over that belief in second grade? Despite any evidence you produce Santa is real, despite how silly the notion is in general, SANTA IS REAL. And nothing you say or do or present will ever make that classroom stop and go, you know what? Maybe, just maybe I should be more criticial of this supposed "Santa" and the origins of "his" story.

Again I ask that nobody put words in my mouth. I never said the people in this thread are anti Christian. And you assume I'm "snippey". I was not being snippy about anti Christian sentiment, just outspoken.

I don't like people putting words in my mouth which is what the OP did. If i was you ,I would take your little misleading opinion and read through my posts on the other thread and have the decency to tell me WHERE I said anything about "Modern christians and them being persecuted" before posting nonsense which has nothing to do with this.

Until then everything posted at me or on this topic is based on FALSE PRETENSES and the OP has intentionally misled people and their views of me for her own agenda, which is based on "My Reply" to HER POST.

After the fact is perceived that this is ALL based on "FALSE PRETENSES"then the only motive behind misrepresenting the intent of ones post would be to discredit their beliefs.

Hence the ANTI CHRISTIAN SENTIMENT.

Again if you read all my posts from this thread, you would understand I don't care/mind what people believe in and don't push my agenda. Just DON"T put words in my mouth and misrepresent what I say and believe. That is when I defend and speak my mind.

As far as the whole santa analogy,it kind of makes no sense (yet I see you received plenty of stars from people who read but don't comprehend). The reason I say it makes no sense is because I'm not trying to prove the existence of Christ or the persecution of Christians for the simple fact that I never brought it up.

AGAIN the op, either intentionally or accidentally misinterpreted my post. Nothing personal and Hope you don't think I'm "SNIPPY". LOLI'm gonna give you a star for being cute not because I agree with your statement.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
So, no one(who is a Christian) is complaining of persecution at ATS???
Or is it 'imaginary'?????
(Not minding the santa claus reference)
Would the OP please post a REAL quote where a Christian at ATS was complaining of being persecuted????

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Clearskies]

Very good point.

PLEASE QUOTE.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

Where did I say you were snippy? I was referring to the people replying to you actually. Maybe you should re-read my post, you didn’t seem to understand it and you quoted it before I edited it because I realized the errors I made with the words "snippy" and "critical" while typing fast as you so rudely pointed out.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71

So, no one(who is a Christian) is complaining of persecution at ATS???
Or is it 'imaginary'?????
(Not minding the santa claus reference)
Would the OP please post a REAL quote where a Christian at ATS was complaining of being persecuted????
by Clearskies]

Very good point.

PLEASE QUOTE.

Was the OP just talking about ATS? Did the OP ever state they were only wishing to discuss ATS users in this thread? I thought this thread was to address the topic in general?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

The reason I say it makes no sense is because I'm not trying to prove the existence of Christ or the persecution of Christians for the simple fact that I never brought it up.

Again where did I say you did? You mentioned anti-Christian sentiment, and I was trying to explain to you why people react to you the way they do, it has nothing to do with anti-Christian sentiment.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by 19DCW71

Where did I say you were snippy? I was referring to the people replying to you actually. Maybe you should re-read my post, you didn’t seem to understand it and you quoted it before I edited it because I realized the errors I made with the words "snippy" and "critical" while typing fast as you so rudely pointed out.

I may have misinterpereted it but as you say it was because of the gramatical errors. For this i do apologize. I wasn't being rude and you will see after you reach my age and all the experiences I've been through that being outspoken isn't necessarily rude. I apologize if you (so young in years) have been offended. I'm a little rough around the edges so don't take it personally because I have no anomosity or contempt towards you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

reply to post by 19DCW71

I may have misinterpereted it but as you say it was because of the gramatical errors. For this i do apologize. I wasn't being rude and you will see after you reach my age and all the experiences I've been through that being outspoken isn't necessarily rude. I apologize if you (so young in years) have been offended. I'm a little rough around the edges so don't take it personally because I have no anomosity or contempt towards you.

I only made two grammatical errors with two words. Otherwise my post is the same. For someone who complains about someone putting words in their mouth maybe you should try reading a post more than once so as not to confuse its context as you did with mine. I’m sure someone who is older and more experienced like you would have considered such a thing before but I guess not.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by 19DCW71

The reason I say it makes no sense is because I'm not trying to prove the existence of Christ or the persecution of Christians for the simple fact that I never brought it up.

iIwas just refering to your Santa anology. It seemed to me like you had the comparison thing going on, as if there was something I was trying to prove. Again may be misunderstood due to my lack of education.

Again where did I say you did? You mentioned anti-Christian sentiment, and I was trying to explain to you why people react to you the way they do, it has nothing to do with anti-Christian sentiment.

I understand your point and I'm not accusing "YOU" of saying I did.

The point I'm trying to make is that the OP originally based this entiire thread on "MY" reply to her post.

I never said anything about Christians in todays society being persecuted. So this thread was based on "FALSE PRETENSES" and alleged comments I NEVER made. I don't understand how you can't see the Anti Christian sentiment. This is basically what the entire thread leads to.If you check the profile and read my posts, you will see I never said what she stated and there was no need to use my quote. She could have started the thread w/out bringing me into it.

You don't hear me crying to mods about it. I just want people to SEE the FACT. AGAIN this thread was based on a quote I NEVER SAID.

Maybe i read into things too much, or I'm just a prophet
. fact is it's in plain sight.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Sigh.. just because they were atheist doesn't mean they persecuted Christians because they were Atheist.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by 19DCW71

I only made two grammatical errors with two words. Otherwise my post is the same. For someone who complains about someone putting words in their mouth maybe you should try reading a post more than once so as not to confuse its context as you did with mine. I’m sure someone who is older and more experienced like you would have considered such a thing before but I guess not.

Good one but I only have a 9th grade education. I never implied that My experience was related to scholastic issues. Real life issues.

Again the point is the thread was made on behalf of my quote. Please feel free to apply the same sarcasm to the OP.

edit: Funny how you and your little STAR giving followers) also don't interperet the meaning of my words correctly. Easy to do when one is closed minded and makes biased judgements when their beliefs are already set in stone. I am extremely open minded and have apologized when wrong,

but again...........
THIS THREAD IS BASED ON MY QUOTE. This is why I say show me where I quoted this. Instaed of us going back and forth derailing this thread w/nonsense, Show me where I or anyone stated this.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
oh no were not persecuted at all are we ... its all in our minds

World Evangelical Alliance Reports Two Hundred Million Christians Persecuted Worldwide

The Geneva Report 2002 revealed that an unprecedented number of Christians now face disinformation, discrimination, and outright persecution worldwide. It detailed specific cases of persecution in India, Greece, Cyprus, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, China and Sudan. The Religious Liberty Commission of World Evangelical Alliance presented the findings at the United Nations Commission on Human Rights on April 8, 2002.

two hundred million christians persecuted world wide

more of our paranoia perhaps?

Rising nationalism and fundamentalism around the world have meant that Christianity is going back to its roots as the religion of the persecuted.

There are now more than 300 million Christians who are either threatened with violence or legally discriminated against simply because of their faith - more than any other religion. Christians are no longer, as far as I am aware, thrown to the lions. But from China, North Korea and Malaysia, through India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey, they are subjected to legalised discrimination, violence, imprisonment, relocation and forced conversion. Even in supposedly Christian Europe, Christianity has become the most mocked religion, its followers treated with public suspicion and derision.

Christians most persecuted people on earth

just FYI

Persecution.org

Did these people hit you up for some money after you read this?These are cooked numbers,methinks.I also think the largest group of people who are being relentlessly persecuted in the world right now are people with the ability to apply Cartesian common sense to their world and their place in it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So when all the sleeper cell extremist religions upraise in this country and you and all your non believers (and I don't wish this on you or anyone) are being slaughtered, raped and burned alive, don't come crying to me or ANY OTHER CHRISTIANS. I’ll bet that if this was happening, you would wish it was just some compassionate Christian pushing his beliefs.

That's a lot of horror you just displayed. Are we going to experience this sort of happening here in America any time soon? And why would I cry to a Christian? Christians formed angry mobs and set fire to over 200,000 women who they feared were witches just for having freckles on their bodies. That's just as scary as any other extremist running around wreaking havoc on the world to push their beliefs.

This kind of destroys the entire point you’re trying to make. You’re basically saying that instead of a pushy religion of meekness and flabbiness, you would prefer a much more COMPATIBLE religion which believes in violence and slaughter of the innocence. Next time you quote a saying in your defense , you may not want to use the quote of a psychotic, sadistic, mass murdering, genocidal piece of ****.

You are the one who brought up the holocaust when I mentioned Christians who claimed to be persecuted. I quoted Hitler to show you that Hitler was, in fact, a "christian"...to prove my point.

link   

Originally posted by daeoeste

Did these people hit you up for some money after you read this?These are cooked numbers,methinks.

"you THINK?"
Do you even KNOW ANYTHING about North Korea, Sudan or Saudi Arabia???
Look it up, please........
Also, the money bit seems ignorant. Every non-profit organization needs donations.

I also think the largest group of people who are being relentlessly persecuted in the world right now are people with the ability to apply Cartesian common sense to their world and their place in it.

What?

link   
I have found Christians in this country to be the biggest bunch of whiners and victims. If they can't get their way or their beliefs to be accepted, they immediately cry persecution. Now if you want some real persecution in this country, try being a Moslem (not that I am one, but I have witnessed the persecution against them first hand and it is vicious!).

[edit on 6-10-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

Hitler was ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Nazi photos
So was Charlemagne
So was Napoleon.
BTW, Hitler was NEVER excommunicated!

That doesn't make them Christian in the Biblical sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by mmariebored

Hitler was ROMAN CATHOLIC.
Nazi photos
So was Charlemagne
So was Napoleon.
BTW, Hitler was NEVER excommunicated!

That doesn't make them Christian in the Biblical sense.

Really? Roman Catholics are not Christians?

Please explain "in the Biblical sense".

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste

Did these people hit you up for some money after you read this?These are cooked numbers,methinks.

"you THINK?"
Do you even KNOW ANYTHING about North Korea, Sudan or Saudi Arabia???
Look it up, please........
Also, the money bit seems ignorant. Every non-profit organization needs donations.

I also think the largest group of people who are being relentlessly persecuted in the world right now are people with the ability to apply Cartesian common sense to their world and their place in it.

What?

Ok.First things first friend.I do know that christians are a minority in all of these countries,and speaking specifically about Sudan and Egypt,women are the most persecuted members of the population,NOT Christians.And there are many sects of Christianity who would treat women the same way if it was not illegal due to SECULAR law.As far as North Korea,Citizens themselves are the persecuted.I have looked it up.Just like I have looked up how many of these Evangelical groups cook numbers to pull on the heartstrings of their "flock"(such a fitting phrase)to use the emotion of guilt to give them more money.Look it up,please....

As far as my second statement,look up Cartesian common sense and you MIGHT be able to see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Thank you for correctly interpreting the Op and responding accordingly.
Your Santa analogy perfectly described my frustrations in speaking with closed-minded individuals. (I did star your posts, because I sensed an irritation in the force every time someone did so and I was testing that theory.)

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

Funny how you and your little STAR giving followers) also don't interperet the meaning of my words correctly. Easy to do when one is closed minded and makes biased judgements when their beliefs are already set in stone.

Addressing your edit:

How have I not understood your words correctly? In the same way you misunderstood mine?

How have I been closed minded or made biased judgments? I was merely trying to convey to you how people feel who are regarding you; my “little star giving followers”? Please, continue being dramatic, it is quite interesting to see a Christian in a thread arguing that Christians don’t complain about persecution on ATS acting like such a victim.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
That's a lot of horror you just displayed. Are we going to experience this sort of happening here in America any time soon? And why would I cry to a Christian? Christians formed angry mobs and set fire to over 200,000 women who they feared were witches just for having freckles on their bodies. That's just as scary as any other extremist running around wreaking havoc on the world to push their beliefs.

I don't know, how about,9/11. In darfur they slaughtered over 400,000 women and children. There's no justification for what was done by Christians or anyone else. This is a point I made in the original thread. How come NOBODY ever cries about these other religions? Funny thing is All the terrorist groups I hear of today are all in the name of Allah, not Christ.

Everyone STILL to this day PERSECUTES "Christ". That's what I said.Seems people are more offended by the thought of being Christian than Terrorists killing people in this country and all around the wolrd (modern Day,not centuries ago)in the name of Allah.
It's all in the name of islam and people are still pointing fingers at Christians. This is pathetic. I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

You are the one who brought up the holocaust when I mentioned Christians who claimed to be persecuted. I quoted Hitler to show you that Hitler was, in fact, a "christian"...to prove my point.

I don't know much about hitler except he was a sick twisted bastard.

Originally posted by mmariebored
1)People are persecuted only when they convince themselves they are persecuted.

I brought up the holocaust to disprove your original statement above.

You claim that people are only persecuted because they convince themselves they are.So what you're saying is the Jews were only slaughtered because they convinced themselves it was happening? So if the Jews decided (in their minds) that they weren't being persecuted and slaughtered, it would have magically stopped the existence of the holocaust? That's just as good as saying they personally are responsible for willing it into existence for believing they are being persecuted.That's absurd and extremely offensive to people of all races and religions.

Am I the only one who understands this reasoning? or the point I'm trying to make.All religous sentiment aside.People are persecuted because it's happening, not because people convince themselves they are.Tell the people who have been slaughtered the world over, from the beginning of time, that it was only because it was a figment of their imagination.

Overall in the other thread the point I was trying to make is how come I never hear of people trying to disprove and discredit other religions. This is technically what I meant by persecution. People seem to just try to deny Christ which I find amusing that he still has such a profounf effect on peoples lives,good or bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join