It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union Chief: UK Teachers Should Be Allowed To Have Affairs With Students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Union Chief: UK Teachers Should Be Allowed To Have Affairs With Students

www.digitaljournal.com

In the UK, teachers should not have to face prosecution if they have affairs with their sixth form pupils, according to a union chief. The 2001 law making it a crime has been thrown out by the chief
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am sorry, but this is just wrong!!
There are obvious moral AND morale issues here, not to mention favortism and discrimination.
So the age on concent in the UK now is 16. This does not mean that it is right for teachers, who at minimum would be 5-6 years older than the student.

How can this be considered OK?

Ms Keates told the programme,

"If a teacher has a relationship with a pupil at the school at which they teach, it could be an 18-year-old pupil in sixth form, then that teacher can be prosecuted and end up on the sex offenders register. Clearly there have to be appropriate disciplinary sanctions in the school where a teacher works to make sure that inappropriate relationships don't develop. But it does seem a step too far, when there has been a consensual relationship, to put that person on the sex offenders register when, in fact, they could have a perfectly legitimate relationship with an 18-year-old at another school."

I understand the point being made here, but if the teacher is so determined to have a relationship with a particular student, either move to a different school, or wait a year until the pupil has finished school. If they are serious, they should be willing to wait....

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ya I disagree here fully aswell.

Although it's of course on of the hottest "fantasies" going, to much wrong can be done and peoples lives damaged.

Abuse of power, Irrational judgments, bribes, peer pressure, school ridicule etc.

A teacher especially a male one, can take advantage of his position and cohearse his femal pubescents into position where they're grades are on the line, or a potential univeristy and such.

It's in my opinion your they're to educate the youths and no more no less.
Like the previous post wait if it's serious then wait it out or make a transfer. If you get caught then you should be fired and blacklisted as a potential predator or something to that affect.

But damn where were these smokin hot teachers when I was in highschool..... I'd give a grade A effort.

Hahaha silly monkies

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Our physical instincts don't give a damn about who's a teacher and who's a student. We see animal to animal.

Favoritism because of the relationship, .etc, all a result of a society based on institutions and systems that are incongruent with the intuitive, emotional, and animalistic nature of humans.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
As long as the teacher wasn't the pupils teacher i wouldnt have a problem with it. Just because the teacher works at the school shouldn't limit his/hers chance for happiness. The pupil is over 16 and they are attracted to each other go for it!! 16yr olds probably know as much as most adults on getting down and dirty.

i would have loved to stay after class and had some extra study with some teachers at my old high school.

as long as they are of legal age and are both consenting then do what we humans do best!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Its wrong.

A teacher is a figure of trust to a student.

To Ok' it for the teacher to have an affair with a student, is basicly ok'ing child abuse?

I dont agree.......if Mr Who'ever was haveing an affair with your daughter you would kick his arse, and quite rightly so.

"Teacher leave them kids alone"

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

just to pick up quickly on 1 point

`so the age of consent is now 16` - its been 16 for 123 years (since 1885) where it was raised from 13.

there is a motion for a 14>16 age bracket for younger boys and girls , older than 14 but no more than 2 years apart in age - similar to certain states and other countries around the world.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by VIKINGANT

just to pick up quickly on 1 point

`so the age of consent is now 16` - its been 16 for 123 years (since 1885)

Sorry, By 'now 16' I meant currently 16, as opposed to recently become 16.

there is a motion for a 14>16 age bracket for younger boys and girls , older than 14 but no more than 2 years apart in age - similar to certain states and other countries around the world.

This I agree with, and in essence why teachers cannot get involved students as I pointed out earlier. After a certain age differenec it does become predatory, especially since those in 'power' can easily manipulate the younger participant.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
they actually raised the age of consent to 16 (from 13) in an attempt to stamp out child prostituiton which was rampant at the time;

as for the motion - err no , as has been said a teacher/student relationship should be one of mutual trust and respect - allowing them to `see each other` outside of the education environment would lead to complications;

BUT , how many year 13 women (18 year olds) wouldn`t like a shot at the 21 year old PE teacher

maybe its THAT which they are talking about and not the 16 year olds that have just joined from year 11 high school?

satan skating to work comes to mind before this gets the go ahead i think

[edit on 6/10/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
She has said it is wrong for a teacher to have a relationship with a student.What she is objecting to are not the disciplinary actions the Teacher would face but the fact they are subject to a specific law and being placed on the Sex Offenders Register regardless of whether the consenting student is 16 or older.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Now now they cant wait until the student graduates. Are you kidding me?
When I was 18 I changed GF's like I changed clothing. They know
the oppertunity will move on and they may never have that chance again.

ROFL

Sorry couldnt help myself. =P

I see both sides of the issue, and its natural for a student to crush on a teacher. I think there be frolicing in the future for them there hills!

Wow just wow, I expected to this in China because of all the Hentai coming out of that place but never in the UK. There wont be any 18 yr old virgins left! Of course there never were.

Sorry its so funny in a "Omg wtf" kinda way.

In the USA we dont even allow Professors who teach college to date students. I mean its a conflict of interest they can help the student.
Kinda gives a new meaning to sleeping your way to the top!

OMG I can do this allday!

Dying... no really I am! ROFL!

I wanna know who conspired to set this up, the females and the males musta had their eyes on a lad or lass!

Ok Im done... No really I am this time!

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Memysabu]

top topics

join