It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Taser sheep blocking traffic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

[snip]

It was simply a suggestion among many that I used to indicate that tasering was not the easiest and first option they should have chosen. It stinks of sadism to taser a sheep when any number of alternatives are available and have been successfully used since the beginning of time to herd sheep.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by Kryties]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The sheep getting tasered is a terrible thing. But methinks you all are missing the bigger picture. The sheep's presence was causing a traffic jam. Why in the hell were the police even called? Not ONE person got out to handle the situation themselves? Jesus, that's whats scary. Are we so ingrained to depend on the government for everything that we have to call the police for a damn sheep? 20 people should have been out of their cars, clearing the road way. And whats worse? Even on a site like ATS, where intellectual thought is supposed to be prevalent, not one of you, NOT A SINGLE DAMNED ONE OF YOU thought to comment on how bad our reliance on government has become. I'm ashamed, of the police yes, they went way beyond their bounds. For the people who didn't take action in to their own hands, and for all of you, who could only gripe about how the sheep's rights were violated. It took a group of cops and people to taser that sheep. But it only would have taken 1 person to stop the whole thing from happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why did they not call out a redneck?... One redneck got within 10 steps and that sheep would have broke out quite hastily!!! Next time get Billy Jo and Hank to move the sheep...bring a camera...sell it to FOX.

Enjoy...

Flame on...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Even on a site like ATS, where intellectual thought is supposed to be prevalent, not one of you, NOT A SINGLE DAMNED ONE OF YOU thought to comment on how bad our reliance on government has become.

Settle down, mate. We can't all be as smart as you, can we?

We're lucky that you posted that to inform us about how stupid we are.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Thanks for stating the obvious... again.

Didn't bother to read the thread before posting eh?

Right.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Even on a site like ATS, where intellectual thought is supposed to be prevalent, not one of you, NOT A SINGLE DAMNED ONE OF YOU thought to comment on how bad our reliance on government has become.

Settle down, mate. We can't all be as smart as you, can we?

We're lucky that you posted that to inform us about how stupid we are.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by tezzajw]

Evidently so. Glad you took the message to heart for what it was meant to be instead of showing a lack of intelligent thought and getting offended

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Sure did, you show me where someone else stated what I did. If I'm wrong, I'll amend my post. Quote facts, not just sarcasm

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

*Top of this very page. .

"It stinks of sadism to taser a sheep when any number of alternatives are available and have been successfully used since the beginning of time to herd sheep."

By Kryties

*Top of last page:

"I grew up around farms and in my day I've hearded lots of animals out of the road. Sometimes just me and others with a couple helping.

I honestly never had it take more than waving a stick around (to make myself appear bigger) and yelling, "Go on - get out of here!" while walking toward them."

By Frogs

Edit: Notice how neither of these suggestions involve calling the police? or even any sort of police presence?

[edit on 7-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Then you too my friend missed the entire point of the post. I understand that there were other alternatives that people suggested and you are right, not one of them had anything to do with police involvement. My point, if you slowly re read my post, was that no one seemed upset that it got that far in the first place. Why, on a site such as this, were people not outraged that no one stood up and did something about it as opposed to calling the police. My comment was on a reliance on government, not alternatives for sheep herding.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

[snip]

It was simply a suggestion among many that I used to indicate that tasering was not the easiest and first option they should have chosen. It stinks of sadism to taser a sheep when any number of alternatives are available and have been successfully used since the beginning of time to herd sheep.

[snip]

Don't try to back up now - you said that shooting a loading weapon into the sky around a crowd of traffic just to move a sheep was a viable alternative to safely stunning a piece of livestock so that we humans don't have to be late for our appointments. Also, cops aren't trained to herd sheep, but they are trained to use tazers and to clear highway obstructions.

I'LL TELL YA WHAT NOW: You can make a petition to give every officer sheep herding training so that this horrible act doesn't happen again.

It just goes to show how bad your judgment is.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

*Now go ahead and Flame away like usual, by telling us re-read your posts and calling us slow and saying how wrong we all are or how we didn't 'get' your profound statement or whatever nonsense and derogatory remarks you may decide to heap onto us.

Don't worry about 'amending' your posts. Don't bother replying to this post. I won't be able to see it.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

I like how you went in and re edited your post to appear that you originally put this last bit of nonsense in your post. You sure showed the world that you had my number by "knowing" what I was going to say "before" I wrote it. In all fairness though, I have to let you know, I'm on to you. I was watching. I'm sorry I shut you down buddy.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

But it only would have taken 1 person to stop the whole thing from happening.

We came across a traffic jam and we saw there was a sheep in the road. Everyone had stopped their cars and a few people had got out and were trying to herd the sheep away from the carriageway.

A few usually means three or more. This doesn't sound the conceptual sheep that you guys are assuming in your head... which equates to IGNORANCE, something that is allegedly denied here.

"The police then arrived and they went towards the sheep but it moved away from them. Then one of the officers got out his Taser gun and fired it at the sheep. Then he carried it to the side of the carriageway.

Hey, if a person is in the road blocking traffic like that, they should get tazed too.

There is no reason for a sheep, or a person, to stand in the middle of the road for the purposes of blocking traffic. There is also no reason to engage in "get out of the road" negotiation tactics. You can only tell a man a few times to get out of the road before you realize that he doesn't want to.

It's different with a sheep of course, but how you can even imagine that this is going to turn into a slippery slope where naked people will get tazed is being a goblin, er, hob-goblin.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

[snip]

If you cannot see the point of what I was trying to say then I am not going to bother attempting to dumb it down any further just to satisfy one little person.

There is no reason for a sheep, or a person, to stand in the middle of the road for the purposes of blocking traffic. There is also no reason to engage in "get out of the road" negotiation tactics. You can only tell a man a few times to get out of the road before you realize that he doesn't want to.

That's the best laugh I've had in years, thanks. Your suggestion that a sheep is sentient and has intelligent thoughts is possibly the best laugh anyone will ever get. You should be a comedian dude.

[snip]

[snip]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Honestly I had a giggle at this, good find and it is shocking!

I am waiting for the headling "Sheeps Revenge" now.

Thanks for cheering up my day.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Maybe someone should have kicked it in the utter...

or the badge...

velcro gloves...

Baaatever.....

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

People sitting in traffic ? Have you even read the news item ? This didnt happen in some downtown traffic zone . Also police has shot animals that posed a danger to public on the streets before.

BTW do you know what "fallacious" means ? He stated no facts or arguments so you cant reasonably use the word -fallacious- to describe agreeing with a statement of irony.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by IAF101]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

People sitting in traffic ? Have you even read the news item ? This didnt happen in some downtown traffic zone . Also police has shot animals that posed a danger to public on the streets before.

Did you read it? Does the phrase "Motorists trapped in the traffic jam" have a second meaning that I don't know about?

Should I be interpreting

We came across a traffic jam and we saw there was a sheep in the road. Everyone had stopped their cars and a few people had got out and were trying to herd the sheep away from the carriageway.

In a way that does not imply that vehicles have been stopped or that they are not sitting in traffic?

BTW do you know what "fallacious" means ? He stated no facts or arguments so you cant reasonably use the word -fallacious- to describe agreeing with a statement of irony.
[edit on 7-10-2008 by IAF101]

BTW do you know what "argument" means?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join