It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True men don't kill coyotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the picture at the bottom is sickening.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The pumpkin joke was really weak.

I just don't get why people hunt for sport. It is not sport when you have a gun and they have hoofs. You want a sport? First run the animal down on foot, then wrestle it to the ground by hand and then clamp your jaws down on its throat to cause suffication. Then and only then can you call it a challenge!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I really beg to differ on sport hunting. Untill you sit out in the woods for 6 hours with a bow or blackpowder rifle waiting for that one shot, its hard to call it easy. Granted general firearms is much different, esp for those who hunt farm deer (which are as dumb as the day is long)

As for not killing coyote, it depends on the situation. A large pack of coyote are currently prowling the area around my home, and I have pets who have to go out to the bathroom sometime, so I end up carrying a loaded rifle just to walk the dogs. Also within a stonethrow are two cow fields with cattle who have recently given birth to calfs, along with a sheep field a half mile away. When its protecting your livestock or pets, I would consider shooting coyote justified.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
guess what's for dinner tonight! THAT'S RIGHT! WE'RE HAVING THE OTHER WHITE MEAT: COYOTES!!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
alternateheaven i can see where you are coming from with protecting livestock and your pets.

and silq i can see where you comin' from too, as long is that is what you're havin' for dinner tonight.

but i doubt this dude was gonna eat any of these. hopefully he atleast utilizes the pelts. but as far as hunting for pelts i'm not sure there is as much of a market for it any more, hell maybe there is.

but if this dude just capped all these just to kill them and dump the lifeless bodies somewhere it is wrong.

i have coons and foxes that is see regularly around my house and they don't harm anything. i even have two koi ponds and i have never lost a koi. i think one time i lost pickerel but oh well. it just makes me ill to see all those bodies piled up in the back of the truck like that.
i know all of them where not a nuisance or or gonna eat any of his family members. i

i think it is mostly just ignorance. like with the way the majority of the people are with snakes. pure ignorance.

[Edited on 123131p://3112u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I must agree about the picture and its lack of taste. Even though I hunt I try to show respect for the animals both in life and in death. Unfortunately not everone takes that kind of stance, hence why sites like that pop up.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Somebody save that poor "punkin"!

Some people skydive, others might hunt.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I hope that bastard eats everything in the truck. The only reason to kill animals is to put food on the table, or defend your family and I don't think those critters were attacking his family.

I would propose a law that would only give hunting licenses to folks unemployed or on welfare, with first preference going to Native Americans. It really galls me to see carcasses stripped for antlers, claws and fur with the meat left to rot.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
First run the animal down on foot, then wrestle it to the ground by hand and then clamp your jaws down on its throat to cause suffication. Then and only then can you call it a challenge!

You gotta' meet my brother. His turkey hunting technique is a sight to behold. No guns/bows involved, just raw speed, wit and wrastlin' skills.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There's a difference between a "coy-dog" and a coyote. I must have explained this to a million people here in Vermont because they think that they are precious near extinct semi-wolf things. There are NO coyotes in Vt, there are only a mixed breed of wild dog and coyote, which basically is a mangy little shiat that lives life fighting and starving, responcible every now and then for the dead deer, dead calf, dead cat, etc.

I had big pack yelping outside my house last night. Well I am suprized that these people just LOVE piling up their truck FULL of dead animals. Turns out they are real valueable, luckily there are not that many of these types around in these parts, and near all of them play by the rules and get licences and permits in season, that are regulated by biologists.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
True! hes right because my father's sister lives in Vermont and those dam things come out of the thick woods looking around and such, my father said a guy he knew got attacked by some he said the guy was strong i never met him thought he said he had a shotgun on him and that a pack of them came out and started attacking him he shot in the air and then
he scared them off i think or he killed one.. im not too sure because this story was told to me a while back and its easy to mistake coyote's for coy dogs very easy. As Anman said they are loud and howl and travel in packs because ive seen them before in the woods but ive never approahced them and hell you would have to be stupid to go up to them without a gun. While watching the news near my house there is a cemetary, and well they were talking about dogs like these.. and i live in the suburbs of New York and well i said im gonna go out there and see what the dam things about! So i grabbed my camera and set out to the cemetary. I met my friends on the way over there and told them the story and they came with me. So we got in there and found tracks and a bunch of dog food so i thought to myself that they were feeeding the dam things so we stayed and well my crazy friend started howling like a jacka** and we were liek shutup!! and we heard something liek yipe back we almost sh** our pants! there were two or three that i saw and got pictures of well i will post the pictures as soon as i can find them on here (true story by the way).

Uploaded the pics from my comp to a site:
www.villagephotos.com...

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

top topics

join