It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who ARE These People...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
that use editing software and cgi to make fake UFO videos?

I mean, really...
Can they all be faked, as stated by most skeptics?

Hardley..

But it still pisses me off that people do this and state it's real and make up elaborate stories attempting to prove its athenticity.

If they are into aliens enough to make these videos, they must understand the reasoning for labeling such uploaded videos as fake..

LOTS of people cool cgi alien videos.. Some are rather amazing!!
Like that Los Rogue one, or whatever it;s called..

So please, don't make up elbaorate stories and cgi vids for fame..

It deters the cause.

Thanks.

p.s - Nothing sucks worse than seeing a very believable video and find eveidence, mostly on this site [Good job debunkers], only to find out it was faked...

[edit on 5-10-2008 by xbranscombex]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

are bloody bastards...

humus for sceptics growing they are...humus.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The answer is simple. Some do it just to get attention and get a good laugh at believers. Others have a more insidious reason: Disinformation. The quickest and best way to make any credible sighting 'unbelievable', is to make it all look faked.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Some people have the desire to prove themselves go be greater than the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
90% of UFO debunkings that i have encountered involves people sitting a computers saying see i can do this in CGI therefore it proves its a fake

so let me pose this question...

just because something can be recreated with CGI does that really mean that what your seeing isnt real?

or is it TPTB's way of clouding potential evidence?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Some of it might be due to a superiority complex. "I'm smarter than those UFO kooks and I'll show it!" It doesn't help serious research.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I actually think some of them have noble intentions at heart, believing that if they can convince the masses of the possibility that their renderings are real then some how this would spark a mass investigation that would include the msm. In some *snip* way they think they are helping the cause...

still pissed me off to no end

MOD Note: Review this Link: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

[edit on 10/6/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
most of the people i have seen that do get caught are in one of 3 categories,
1.offering fake evidence of a true event because they had no camera when the real event took place. They are desparate for people to know the truth, and if the only way to prove the truth is to lie, then so be it. these people witnessed a real event, so they don't see the fake evidence as being false, only a re-enactment if u will.
2.disinfo or hoax:a wish to deter from the truth directly, or attempt for a laugh
3.ego-trip:they are beyond truth in their own self-loving eyes and wish to feel superior to all the people believing their lies.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I've also noticed that sometimes people will create a video or picture as an exorcise, mark it in comments, maybe even a water mark or something.
Then later someone grabs the vid or pic, independent of the creator.
They claim it as real or something, or taken out of context, no one knows it's fake, and it starts making circles.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by No one will believe me
I actually think some of them have noble intentions at heart, believing that if they can convince the masses of the possibility that their renderings are real then some how this would spark a mass investigation that would include the msm. In some F$%#ed up way they think they are helping the cause...

still pissed me off to no end

Well that make little sense...

Instead of being "noble" at heart in these cases, I think its more likely that many people didnt actually intend for it to be a CGI "hoax"... Just CGI, for some reason (use in a commercial video, fun, school project, learning modelling, whatever). Then some 3rd party comes in, rip the video/footage, post on a UFO board with the heading "OMGWTFUFO100%PROOFMUSTSEE!!!". And it get spun around 10 forums down the line until no one remember where it came from.

Edit: haha, I didnt read the above post. But... yeah.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by merka]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This is why I am a believer in aliens, and even that they visit the earth, but I am very skeptical when it comes to any specific claims.

I think logically the chances are like 99.9% those 2 things have occured. Big universe, billions of years in time, etc. But the stories people tell and stuff usually lacks logic. And with the ease of people creating fakes now, it's even worse.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A good post

And yes! the CGI guys piss me off to the max also

Utube is full of those parasities and they should all be investigated and banned.

Or anal probed with the rough end of a pineapple

Talking about banned posts on Utube, it seems only the guys like the UFO kid gets banned because he was on a mission with 95% legit videos.

Star and Flagged

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It is terribly rare that i run across a de-bunker that, in spite of their best efforts, are able to de-bunk an observation.
What I am drawn to is the threads that are de-bunked without mercy.
I don't care if they are full of "bunk", in my mind, I will figure it out.

new topics

top topics

join