It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Citizen's Guide to Refusing New York Subway Searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I posted this here because I felt it was educational in nature. This site was original posted on my personal forum (see my sig for address). Mods feel free to move post if you feel it's in the wrong section

In response to the recent London terror attacks, New York police officers are now conducting random searches of bags and packages brought into the subway. While Flex Your Rights sees no evidence that these searches will reduce the terror threat, we have serious concerns that this unprecedented territorial expansion of police search powers is doing grave damage to people's understanding of their Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable searches and seizures. In addition, as innocent citizens become increasingly accustomed to being searched by the police, politicians and police agencies are empowered to further expand the number of places where all are considered guilty until proven innocent. Fortunately, this trend is neither inevitable nor irreversible. In fact, the high-profile public nature of these random subway searches provides freedom-loving citizens with easy and low-risk opportunities to "flex" their Fourth Amendment rights by refusing to be searched.

www.flexyourrights.org...

This site also has several other articles on how to deal with police stops and how to make sure your constitutional rights are not infringed upon. Check it out, it's a good read.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is a great post.I used the "Busted" video as a resource on an english paper not to long ago.It is good stuff.People need to know these things when stopped by the police to avoid "Gotcha games."

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
This is a great post.I used the "Busted" video as a resource on an english paper not to long ago.It is good stuff.People need to know these things when stopped by the police to avoid "Gotcha games."

I need to take a look at that video. What is it? Like the TV show cops, just with people exercising their rights?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Keep in mind that a security guard can turn illegal drugs over to a police officer. In such a case, the drugs are then admissible in evidence, because the search was conducted by a private security guard. And at the present time the Fourth Amendment does not apply to searches carried out by non-governmental employees like private security guards

kinda worrying when you think about it.

*cough* blackwater *cough*

top topics

join