It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist cells in the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I saw this map on a site that shows supposedly terrorist cells in the US. I wanted to see if any of you know if this is correct or if any of you have information about this.

Here is the link to the map.
standeyo.com...

I am starting to have my doubts since, if this is true, why in the world isn't the goverment doing something about these cells?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

if this is true, why in the world isn't the goverment doing something about these cells?

It's simple really - even if the gov knew that terrrorists were in in these places, it's kind of hard to go and find them in a place like LA, NYC, Houston ect.

These are all VERY likely places of where they might be, however, it's not like we are getting a street adress to go find them.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm glad they threw in the disclaimer along the lines of "There may be more terrorist cells than the ones listed." I know of one in my area of South Carolina that isn't made up of Islamic fundamentalists/extremists.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
American, but how would they know for sure there are terrorist cells in those states if they don't know exactly where they are? Looking at the map there is a lot of specific information about what kind of groups are in each city and the main cities where they operate from.

If this information was gathered from people posting in forums about being part of these terrorist cells, is not that hard to make a trace and find who they are or from what computers they are posting. From there on all you have to do is a stake out until those cells are rooted out.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
well i'm screwed. acording to the map, hamas and islamic jihad is living with me. o boy.......

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well lucky me! My state only has Al Qaeda...

I was suprised to see Hamas on there... I thought they stuck to their guns (or rocks, rather) and kept their fight in Israel.

At the end of the day, this map seems a bit shady to me... we've only had ONE guy arrested publicly with a link to AQ and yet we expect the gov't to be aware that ALL these different groups are in the USA??? Tells me AQ is a spectre, the Orwellian wetdream of the CIA and PNAC'ers.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, I think I'm safe for now then... but, for how long is the question.

I think there are terrorist cells nationwide... but, not exactly everywhere you go.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I saw this map on a site that shows supposedly terrorist cells in the US. I wanted to see if any of you know if this is correct or if any of you have information about this.

I distinctly remember watching FNC, and that scruffy ex-soldier guy they always have on there claimed (this was approx 6 months ago) that there were atleast 12 known terror cells in the U.S., and, i'm not sure about all of you guys, but I sure as hell haven't heard about ANY of them being busted up or arrested (not that we necessarily would).

The recent concern in NYC about a gas attack in the subway would tell me there are atleast 2 in New York state. Not to mention, when the anthrax was sent via snail mail to the congressman way back when, it was sent from nearby where I live here in NJ (thats atleast another cell).

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken this map is also based on knowing which cities have groups sympathetic to the listed terror organizations. These are groups who can help funnel money overseas through fundraisers, etc. I think it is wrong to strictly characterize them as terror cells when I used to hear the word sympathizers. Of course, Steve Quayle is associated with the group who put that map out -- it's really a plug for their CD product. That helps explain why they're called terror cells. Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hey...here's an idea. That only shows islamic fundementalists. What ever happened to good old fashioned DOMESTIC terrorists? As I recall, the south is overfollowing with them. Hate groups, anarchists, crazies, militias...anyone I missed? Sheep, I swear. I bet ya'll would be freaking out if they layered your home-grown terrorists on top of that map. SO much slant, so little time...

DE

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They've got my state (NC) covered by Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad, but that's a little misleading.

In the South I have more liklihood of being blown up by a Baptist like Eric Rudolph than a Muslim. Or for that matter being involved in a hunting accident. Or heck, having Banshee kick my butt.

I'm more scared of eating fish than terrorists. And MOST scared of the economy than anything. I guess I'd rank the terrorist threat in NC somewhere behind corrupt State Troopers and a Reptoid invasion.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Notice how Al-Quaeda isn't listed in NYC. I find that strange since they're responsilbe for 9/11 or so the government claims.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, no cells listed up here in New Hampshire, thank goodness. Too damn cold, I think.

But we do have some pretty rabid sports fans that I'd bet the rent on in a battle against Hamas, tho. Sports fans and deer hunters - that's our first line of defense.

john

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, the thing is that the map was provided by a fellow by the name of Steven Emerson. I did a google search and found some info on him. It seems that he came by this information as a staff reporter for CNN. He is supposed to be a terrorism expert and seems to have appeared on "Today show."

His stance on Islam seems to be extremist, but i have done a little research myself into the origins of Islam, and also having studied in Europe (Spain) how the Moors invaded Spain, France, Italy and were planing on doing the same the world over, and seeing how now there are groups of them that want to do the same, I have to agree with him.

What these Islamic extremists are doing now seems to have been normal in those days. I will be posting some of the information i have found in my own research.

These are some of the links that I found.

iona.ghandchi.com...

www.house.gov...

www.fas.org...

This link is on someone who accuses Emerson on being an extremist and having an anti-Arab bias.

www.cair-net.org...

[Edited on 25-3-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
People may say that Emerson's view is skewed and extremist, but to deny that terrorist cells exist in the US is dangerously naive.

It is just harder for them to hide or blend in these days. I believe that there are plenty of cells in Canada, esp. Toronto, because of their lax security checks. Just a hop, skip and jump over the border.

I had heard awhile back that al-Qaeda was recruiting people that would blend in more easily in the US, white professional types. Also, the latest trick of concealing explosives in a woman's womb is disconcerting.

john

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I noticed one listed in Seattle, but nowhere else called Hybrid Fundamentalist Group. What do they mean by Hybrid Fundamentalist Group? Are they talking Alien Hybrids here or what.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No idea, maybe doing a search on the net will turn up some info.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Al Qaeda and Hamas in Tucson,Az
I'll be watchin out for them but I think there in Phoenix also
!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
I am starting to have my doubts since, if this is true, why in the world isn't the goverment doing something about these cells?

here in my neighborhood in detroit there's 2 known drug houses, a brothel, and a 5 house chopshop "compound"... do the police do anything about it? no, because these guys all lead back up to the higher up crooks. it's sort of like that.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Welll, shortly after 9/11 some guy got busted and arrested in my hometown of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Only a few minutes away from my house! I didn't see my city shown on that map! CR isn't the biggest, but at around 200,000, it's not hickville or anything. They could be anywhere.

top topics

join