It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy Mind, Healthy Bodies: State of Illinois Examining our Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Our 3rd grade daughter came home yesterday with a letter from the school, saying the Illinois Department of Health is initiating a new 'program', called Healthy Bodies, Healthy Smiles. The IDH is sending a doctor, nurse, and dentist to the school to examine the childrens health and teeth. This is a new program, and our school is a test subject. I am supposed to fill out the 'consent' form, but I am rather hesitant.

The state has never done this before.

Why is it so important now that the government needs to inspect my daughters teeth and health?

Will they keep records on her?

Does Rod Blagojevich(D-Governor) have 'alterior' motives?

Or should I just sign the paper, and be done with it?

I have e-mailed the Illinois Dept. of Health, asking what the purpose of the exams were, and as of yet, no reply.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Blagojevich is a complete idiot. In order to reduce our debt, he's been spending more and more money, such as on programs like this one. The guy is so foolish that NPR is going after him, and has been since he started instituting all of these programs.

As for what to do, I would wait until you get a response from the dept. of health. People at the school may know more about it, as well. Find out why, and then make the descision. Don't just sign the paper, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm curious, what school district is this?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
District 92, southwest 'burbs.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Very strange, but maybe a good thing; I haven't heard anything about this and I understand your reservation with signing the consent form.

If it were my daughter, I would rip the consent form up and throw it away. The schools have no right to be digging into my child’s medical condition, especially since now, I do not trust our Gov't.

I am in no way, shape or form judging you or your parental skills, however, I know that when I have my children I will be responsible for their health and well-being and would not subject them to hired Gov't doctors, nurses and dentists I do not know, after all, that's why I have insurance

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
well i'm not very big on local/state issues and don't really care but the last time i heard about these kinds of "health examinations" was in my history calls when we were learning about how the nazis did this to weed out the "weak."

new topics

top topics

join