It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Question About That "I'm Being Watched" Feeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Do any of you guys sometimes wish that you had not discovered this website? With everything that I have discovered on here I feel I am being watched constantly. I'm always looking through the blinds frequently, I find it hard to relax, over-analyzing distant sounds, freaking out about planes and anything flying and even walking to my car. How do you get over that "I'm being watched" mentality.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I like to sharpen and clean all my swords when I get a little "jumpy". Or scale model. Nothing like an N-Scale train going around the layout to really put things in perspective.
Harry Potter books distract pretty good.
Maybe mow the lawn?

Wait.
No.

I delve deeper, actually, into ATS.
I don't post.
I read.

Read more.
That's my advice.

Cuhail

And no, I don't regret finding ATS. I'm much less paranoid now than before.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i was raised aware of the NWO and grew up in fear of the elusive black helicopters and being carted off to some prison cell. as a young child this is what i had to fear.

now, being older, i am no longer nearly as afraid as i once was. my perspective has changed. and IF they ARE watching me? What does it matter? What could I really do? I choose to live my life without paranoia and fear of the unknown. IF SHTF one day, then will it matter if i spent the preceding days in fear or happiness? i would prefer the latter.

i also tend to think that they have MUCH bigger problems than to follow me around.

that's what our peers are for...to keep us in line.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Op are you serious? Do you mean you actually believe that you are being watched because you visit ATS?

Or do you mean that reading all sorts of weird stories on ATS makes you paranoid (for example when I read too many ghost stories I start getting jumpy).

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
OP - Hopefully you can relate to this. Have you ever played a video game so long that you begin to get mad at certain aspects of the game (that you enjoy at other times)?

The remedy? Taking a break from playing video games. Your tension and stress builds up from playing so long that you need to give the body/mind a break. It's amazing how refreshed you feel when you just walk outside in the sunlight... either just sit there or walk around for a little while.

Perhaps spending too much time on ATS has you more stressed and uptight than you should be. Try taking a break from it for awhile? A day? Maybe longer if it starts to help paranoid feeling. I don't know if it will help for sure but hey.. never know if you don't try, right?

Wish you the best!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

My personal take on what the OP may mean is, that ignorance is bliss. Knowing somethings that you never did could be hell.

"Knowledge, was it worth such torment..to see the dark side of shadows"

Just my $.02

AB1

top topics

join