It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet Speaks out on 9/11 and orders given to kill civilians on sight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Darrell Anderson, Jon Michael Turner, as well as letthereaderunderstand, and MorningStar8741 I applaude you all!
Pinch your arrogance makes me sick.
IF you ever were really a soldier I hope you realize that your narrow mindedness, and outright refusal to open your eyes and mind to anything that is an alternative to what you have been spoon-fed casts a bad light on the uniform.

I could very easily say
"I'm in the process of retiring from 24 years of active and reserve navy service, including a voluntary recall to the OIF AOR in the summer of 2003." too...
And hide behind a flag and uniform so nobody will dare to say anything bad to me, out of respect to the rest of the men and women in uniform.

Where's your proof that your not one of the fake soldiers?
For someone spouting off at the mouth about how these men are liars and fakes you've done very little to prove that you are not the real liar and fake.

At this point even if you DO prove without a reasonable doubt that you really were in the military, all you will really do is tarnish the name of the military with your closed-minded ignorance and arrogance.
It is just as bad as McCain using his time as a P.O.W. as a magic bullet to answer all questions, It makes him look petty, and belittles his own time as a P.O.W.

That being said...
I can only hope and pray that more soldiers will stand up and tell the truth.
I would love nothing more than to see the PEOPLE of this country take it back, and bring our soldiers home.
However I fear that it will take our military at our side to remove the fascists in control and return this country to something that can once again be respected.

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
It struck me so hard when he said, "We (the soldiers) are the only ones who can stop it". It is so true. No amount of protesting, no calls for justice will be able to turn this over. If every soldier strait up said, "NO MORE", then it (the war) would come to a halt, but I can't imagine the fear pumped into them.

I keep saying, to my girlfriend at least...lol, that if everyone stopped buying things and paying there taxes it would stop, but imagine if the military boys and girls said, "Screw you guys, we are done with your war", just imagine what would happen. If they tried to detain them, good luck, you shouldn't of armed them. "I'm going to the brig? I don't think so, tell that to the barrel of my tank". Oh what a day that would be. Peace

This is what I spend everyday hoping for...
A mass awakening of our armed forces.
I would love it if we took this country back and brought our troops home, But I fear that at this late stage of "the game" (for the lack of a better tearm) our only hope is the military liberation of the U.S.

P.S. Starred and flagged my friend, Please keep up the good work.
Don't let people like pinch discourage you.
Some people are so brainwashed that they will sing the national anthem and wave the flag while covering their own eyes and ears and marching off the cliff like good little lemmings.
We can't help those people, all we can do is try to wake the rest up.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Thank you sir,

I just wanted to interject a little.

My father is a Vietnam war vet. He was infantry and was a grunt. He encountered war first hand in every sense.

I've heard the stories of rage after loosing his friends and how vengeance was inflicted and "repaid".

He is not happy today to tell these stories. He is not proud of those things, but he is here now as one who is truly sorry seeing the full effect.

These men and women (our soldiers) break, even visciously, they get angry, they want "payback". It is as hot of a hate as a flame that the wind snuffs.

I've seen him (my father) suffer with it all my life. I'm a witness to what great lacks in judgment provide. I love all our men and women. Troublesome people seek trouble, good ones realize they are in trouble and deal with it and they are the ones we should be listening too.

Anderson is one of these, to as far as we can gather. These men and women are real people.

Fakers get what they want, only they don't realize what they wanted wasn't what they got.

Peace

[edit on 15-10-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

My heart truly goes out to your father and all real soldiers for what they endure on the battlefield and forever thereafter. I do understand that there is a breaking point and people lose their senses and all that stuff. I feel sorry for them all, it is a horrible situation for anyone to ever have to be in in the first place. I just wish that what Anderson said and the videos and the blogs and all pics from abu grahib and the many soldiers that have been convicted of murdering prisoners, I just wish there was something in all this mess that offered a reason to sympathize with them in any way but there is not.

I am so glad to see this thread getting such attention and so many responses. Thanks for starting it.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

MorningStar, you deserve the credit on the thread, not me. You've carried this whole thing, thank you for your compassion, sincerely.

I feel the same. They (the soldiers) should never be there in the first place. Nobody, should have to die. We, the people should decide, but not as "People", but as "individuals".

A constitution should be the declaration of every man, not people. There shouldn't be 13 names representing, but 1 truth, a truth that his individual "constitution" signs in belief of better to come, for future.

I am slave to this system as I want to be, I am a root. It's only when the root withers, does the tree pull out of the ground completely.

This is our life, to be who we are, to be called a name, to be seen in the light of life, to see the root is the tree.

my two sent

Peace again friend

I wanna thank HiFiGuy too and my best goes out to you pinch....hope you don't ever find yourself in one.

Peace

[edit on 15-10-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It only takes a few days. An Iraq war very speaks about the horrors the he witnessed and took part in, as well as was told to commit and well, now we have "Joe" the "plumber" to talk about.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Today I was walking my Dog and spoke to a man who has served two tours in Iraq and about to do a third.

I talked to him about some of the stories and practices of those that came back from Iraq and in particular this story about the shooting into a crowd that was hiding a shooter.

His answer was this:

Early in the Iraq war, that it may have been the case. But since that time, now every shot fired needs to have a report filed and that restrictions regarding engagement are highly restrictive.

D Anderson served from January 04 to July 04. early in the war in Iraq.
A period early in the war. His story is most likely true. But that may not be the practice today.

To be fair, to our men in uniform, and to be in search of the truth, our job is not merely to talk here on the internet, but to talk to those that have been there. The practice of shooting into a crowd may have been at one time, but it may no longer be a practice of today.

Standards have changed, and soldiers are more skilled in urban urban warfare.
The video shown here in some of the later posts..are indeed very sad, but in no way indicate the change that may have already taken place.

Peace

[edit on 18-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

You suggest mind control in the Army? I find it amusing that those who have never served in the military are such experts on what the military does.

Tell us. What is your personal experience in the military? Watching a few videos from a fake, cry-bitch who looks like one of Obama's legion?

And while I couldn't read very many of the posts, let me give you another word for civilians: enemy enablers.

OOOh, now I know I'm in trouble here now that I said that! Yet, it's the truth. Since recorded history, this has been know to be a fact of warfare, and dependent on your objective and timetable, your actions on enemy enablers will be different.

I personally don't care that a civilian here and there were killed in cross-fires, or when they continued after being warned off. Especially in a land of "civilian" suicide bombers. Often such actions are prudent. It's the cost of doing business. War business.

I've seen more fake soldiers, soldiers who claimed actions when they were nowhere in the vicinity, soldiers who are three beers short of a six-pack, psychotic, and who truly believe half the crap they say.

But I know that our US military does not pursue this type of behavior, and will not tolerate it. To suggest otherwise is just . . . naive.

But hey, all you America haters - talk it up!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I personally don't care that a civilian here and there were killed in cross-fires, or when they continued after being warned off.

There are American soldiers with compassion in their heart, who even after killing one who opposes our intent, takes a moment of silence for the taking of their life. Even more so for children, and innocents.

We are not barbarians. We come in Peace.

Casualties of war may be, but to not care is to exhibit callus and a disregard for humanity.

Peace

[edit on 18-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To serve in any army one must either be in dire need or really believe the ideologies behind said armed forces.
Not one stable, aware and conscious human being enjoys being in mortal threat every single day.

The stress of death around the corner, breaks the mind, the stress of the imposed regularity molds the mind.
One cannot deny the techniques used for said purposes, marching, pecking orders, rituals, vengeance...

Some people are not made for it, while others simply adapt and assimilate their life in the security behind the imposed military order.

One would like to believe that our actions are always motivated by responsibility and a higher order, that what one does is "the right thing" that what we do was done for the "greater good" or a "higher standard", but in the majority of times, what we do and believe is either motivated by outside forces, or we were led and conditioned to it by something as trivial as custom...

I can only imagine what 25 years in the military can do to human consciousness...

we can all believe what we like, bu the truth, "real" truth should be the one true concept to aspire.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
[edit on 10/18/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You really are a moron if you think that the people who are pointing this stuff out are the enemy enablers. You go to a warzone. You come back and tell me what has made those people want to fight. When you come back and tell me that it is the people on a message board instead of the soldiers that shot at their innoecent family members for no reason, then you will have a point. Until then, I would have to say that soldiers such as those featured ALL OVER THIS THREAD are doing far more to enable and enbolden the enemy than any post on ATS ever will.

THAT IS THE POINT!!!! I do not like seeing soldiers killed by people who are angry because another soldier took out his aggression on innocent people. I hate the idea that anyone wearing an American Flag is a target because of the actions of these people that not only enable the enemy, but create enemies, inspire enemies, and give the enemy reason and cause to carry out the sick things that they do. To deride people for caring about that is about as Anti-American as you can get. Unless you like seeing American men and women shipped off to be used as target practice because some unqualified redneck needed to blow off some steam.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

No, you're the moron for putting words in my mouth that I didn't say. You gotta love a moron. They can read a sentence, and in that short space between their eyes and their brain, it gets lost!

Read it again. I believe the word you used was . . . moron.

War is never pleasant. War is the antithesis of civilized behavior. War is brutish, bloody, and savage butchery, or it isn't war! War require of you a severe level of barbarity that must rise to a level significantly greater than your opponents. If you want to win. To do less is to ignore your duty.

In war, the goal is to make it as violent and overwhelming as possible to make it short as possible. The more bloody and ruthless on the front end, the quicker it's over. The more humane your approach, the longer the war, the more total casualties, and the more frequent the wars.

The only thing worse than total war is limited war. The very concept of limited war is hateful. Limited war means limited objectives. Limited effort. Limited war means unlimited, long-term suffering. By the home team as well as the enemy. Limited war permits an extended continuation of the conflict, and more total suffering. The very notion of sanitizing and surgically engaging the enemy in war is absolutely counterproductive.

"Now, philanthropists may easily imagine there is a skillful method of disarming and overcoming an enemy without causing great bloodshed, and that this is the proper tendency in the Art of War. However plausible this may appear, it is an error that must be extirpated . . ." Clauzewitz

After the Iraqi military had been disassembled in the early weeks of the war, American and British forces should have pulled back to an isolated portion of the desert and let the opposing sides kill each other until they finished. According to you and others on this post, this would have been much more acceptable and much more humane, since civilians would be killing other civilians, in a wholesale slaughter. This way, the soldier could sit back and watch. I'm cool with that.

"The longer a war, the more barbaric and more acceptable barbarism becomes, as victory at any costs becomes primary." Michael C. Riggs

Since the Iraqi Army was clearly defeated in the first weeks of the war, exactly who has been doing the shooting at our troops, rounding up civilians, binding their hands and executing them, planting roadside bombs that kill soldiers and civilians alike, and blowing themselves along with soldiers and civilians?

Oh. I see.

Civilians.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Right. Just what makes civilians do such horrible things? Is it because they saw the army fall and just thought it would be nice to take up after them? You can rant and rave all you want with your little preamble to the nasinest of war. That does not change the fact that there are plenty of dead soldiers that were killed ONLY because they wear the same uniform as the abhorrent soldiers featured so nicely in this thread.

Tell us, what do you really think that sticking up for them or pretending that what they are doing is not happening is going to accomplish? Let's just take the most innocent of the videos. The kids running after the water. Why are those soldiers doing that? What purpose does that serve and what does it really accomplish? How do you think the families of those children now view ALL U.S. troops just from that? I guess you might actually have to watch it in order to know what I am talking about though.

As far as putting words in your mouth...do you mean these ones,

And while I couldn't read very many of the posts, let me give you another word for civilians: enemy enablers.

You put them into print. I just acknowledged them. Now, please choke on the word moron as you realize that your entire rant revolves around you claiming I put words in your mouth. There are your words, pal.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Unfortunately for you, I can read context too. I am going to bother to repost your entire post or argue any farther. Perhaps you simply failed to make the point you wished to but the context reads exactly as I point out. But apparently all you really have is calling people names like "fake" with no backup anyway so I thought I would try coming to your level. You really offered nothing but insults and do not know how to form a paragraph in order to appropriately convey a point. Can you prove Anderson is fake? Can you prove what he said is a lie?

It has already been proven he is a real soldier. It has also been proven that what he said really happens. Yet still you throw words like fake around. Ok, moron fits. I will stick with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join