It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden suspends campaign - is Hillary coming in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Biden has temporarily suspended his campaign due to the passing of his Mother-in-law. As soon as I heard this I couldn't help but think of the rumor that Biden would excuse himself from the ticket due to 'health problems' and Obama would ask Hillary to be his running mate.

I realize that the passing of Biden's mother in law isn't exactly a health crisis of his own, but perhaps this will evolve into Biden permanently suspending his campaign and the door opening for Hillary.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that although Obama is currently in the lead he might not want to take any chances that things could swing in McCains favor during these last 30 days and he will ask Hillary to join his campaign?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Interesting... I think adding Hillary to the ticket could pose some serious health risks for Barack Obama.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I never even considered the health risk that Obama would face should Hillary be on the ticket! When you put it that way, I don't think that's a risk that Obama wants to take!

I don't care for Biden at all but I am sorry that he and his family are faced with this loss.

I wonder how this will impact the way McCain/Palin treat Biden in the weeks to come. Unfortunatly, I think the McCain camp will have to treat Biden with kid gloves so as not to come off as being insensitive while Biden is grieving.

Should Biden step down and Obama decide to ignore the risk you mentioned, would Hillary even be interested or willing to accept the VP slot at this point?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Should Biden step down and Obama decide to ignore the risk you mentioned, would Hillary even be interested or willing to accept the VP slot at this point?
Jemison

It's Bidens mother in law for goodness sake, (no disrespect intended) if he can't pull it together and hang in there through a crisis like this, he doesn't deserve to be on the ticket. If Biden uses this as an excuse to step aside, then I think his departure was planned long ago.

I didn't quite understand BHO's picking Biden in the first place. IMHO, the country essentially voted their confidence for Biden in the primary's. I thought Bidens criticism of Obama in that process had precluded him for consideration of the VP slot. Biden made some rather damning and personal statements I thought would have been very difficult to retract. Plus, the man only seems to open his mouth to change feet.

If Hillary was the original VP and Bill was on his death bed, she'd be on the campaign trail, make no mistake about it. Right now BHO stands a very good chance of winning in November, if he was to swap Biden for Hillary, that would seal it. Of course that's my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
His mother-in-law has now passed away. I'm not sure where the talk of him "not being able to handle this" is coming from. Just appears he's got his priorities straight to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If Biden uses this as an excuse to step aside, then I think his departure was planned long ago.

That's the entire point. There has been a lot of speculation that this WAS planned a long time ago.

Valhall, I wasn't suggesting that he couldn't handle it - I was merely wondering if this could be the 'out' that people had discussed might happen.

The theory that something would come up, prompting Biden to bow out and Hillary being asked to take his spot, has been discussed since Biden was announced as Obama's running mate. IF there is any truth to this theory, perhaps the death of his MIL will be the beginning of a series of events that lead up to Biden's eventual drop-out.

Does anyone think that Hillary would accept the number two position? There is a lot of bad blood between Obama and the Clinton's and if Hillary were to take the number two spot that would basically eliminate any possibility of her running in 2012. After coming so close to getting the nomination I'm not sure she would accept the VP slot even if it were handed to her on a silver platter with Obama promising that he would not only allow her to make all of the big decisions, but that he personally would wait on her every whim, fan her with palm fronds on hot days wearing nothing but a loin skin cloth, peel and feed her grapes every hour on the hour and allow her to reside in the main residence of the White House while he and his family stayed in the guest quarters!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I guess there must be a ton of obama/biden hate on this board. If it were bigfoot or UFOs it would not have taken nearly this long for someone to ask...

Source please.....

I have not seen the article specifically stating how long it is suspended for, what they are saying officially, that sort of stuff. Sorry, just thought it should be here if it is going to be discussed.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I have not seen the article specifically stating how long it is suspended for, what they are saying officially, that sort of stuff. Sorry, just thought it should be here if it is going to be discussed.

When I started this thread it was breaking news on all of the major cable networks yet I wasn't able to find a link even mentioning the death of his MIL.

When the news broke, they said he was suspending his campaign for a few days. Here are some links that have come out since my original post:

elections.foxnews.com...

inkslwc.wordpress.com...

inkslwc.wordpress.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

I'm a tad confused as to why you feel that the board must be filled with Obama/Biden haters. I don't understand how that fits in at all and from what I read on ATS, I would say the board is heavily PRO Obama/Biden!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Sorry, I mispoke. I meant this thread. Please forgive the mistake. Do not take it personally, it was not directed at the OP. It is the fact that there were so many comments before anyone asked for a source.

Go and start a thread claiming that the NASA has alien ships or that bigfoot has been captured. You will get one comment deep before someone asks for the source. I bet my life on that. Here, you posted this and everyone could not wait to believe it and comment about it in some negative way, save one before my last post.

I also asked for the source because exact words mean alot these days. Especially when any newsource is FAUX or any of its mainstream brethren. I was curious how he worded it exactly. As much as I hate to admit it, I like to take a few days off from the news now and then just to get a clear thought without a commercial for Southern Comfort and condoms.

edit to add, that is two different commercials. Not one advertising the mixture of SC and condoms. Just wanted to clarify.

BTW, thanks for the sources.

[edit on 10/6/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
He's not going anywhere, he simply needs a little time to support his wife and the family who helped him so much during HIS ordeal years ago.
He loved his mother in law. It happens, occasionally.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I just don't see it coming. It would be a disaster for everyone involved in Biden tried to bow out now -- and why should he?

My only concern is that I heard Biden was going to get a full medical checkup this week (or the next, or soon anyway) --he has a history of medical problems. That might be a show stopper, if they found he still had problems from his two previous surgeries for a brain aneurysm.

www.foxnews.com...

I am not sure if I heard this correctly, about a health checkup soon. But it seems like that would be the ONLY obvious door out at this point.

Also, I am still not sure that Hillary would be the best choice to replace Biden. It would be amazing to me.

new topics

top topics

join