It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays, medically born Gay? Gays superior to Strieghts?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

If you are refering to the 'all men are created equal' line, you are mistaken. Would you say that Einstein and 'Corky' from Life Goes On are equal? Maybe in rights, but otherwise... Equality in the biological sense ends as soon as the sperm hits the egg!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

If you are refering to the 'all men are created equal' line, you are mistaken.

Equality in the biological sense ends as soon as the sperm hits the egg!

Are all men created equal?

Personally I think biological disadvantages and advantages are erroneous to the idea that is equality.

We are just created.

Equality comes down to how we as a society decide to view each biological manifestation, whether it's an advantage or disadvantage to the human condition, and if those should affect ones freedom.

If we as a society decide no biological advantage or disadvantage should be discriminated against, then that would surely be absolute equality.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I guess I needed the original post to explain my post:

Originally posted by YourForever
Superior is a very, very bad choice of words. Must the obvious be explained? The word is 'equality' for a reason.

Now add it to the OP, and you get my post.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

My best friend is a gay male, we have known each other for about 12 years now, he is extremly effeminate, emotional, and worries more about his appearance than any female friend I have. But he is dumber than dirt. He cannot spell, his memory is awful, we work together and he has great difficulty completing the daily tasks on his shift, usually leaves things undone. He is not dependable as an employee. I don't think he could make it if his partner didn't have a good job as a police officer. He recently took on his sister's children, his sis has a serious drug issue, and makes a wonderful parent to these boys, creating a home enviroment they otherwise would never had. I guess my point is that using him as an example, I feel like he is capable of doing some typical female roles and activity better than a lot of women would or do, but when it comes to being smarter than the same women, that would not be true. However his partner is very intelligent, not effeminant at all, very manly, a college graduate, and has been a police officer for nearly 20 years now.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I understand you are saying some men are born with biological advantages i.e Einsteins brain or a disadvantage i.e down syndrome. You attributed the word equality to the biological level though, which I think is erroneous to the concept of equality. Perhaps I am being to technical semantically

I just mean to say that it is all of our conscious decisions to decide who is equal despite those advantages and or disadvantages. Hence no one is born unequal, it's later decided by the people.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Which goes to show homosexuals are just as diverse as heterosexuals in terms of "superiority"

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Are you freaking KIDDING? Gay people *like* to be harassed on the streets? They like to be beaten up? They like to be second-class citizens? Wow.

Homosexuality is not caused by an imbalance of any kind. It is created during the development of the foetus. The hormonal washes that drive development of the brain are what cause it (the timing and amount of each wash). That can not be undone. There is no 'Gay-B-Gone' dietary supplement, and there never will be, any more than there can be a 'XTra-Leg' pill or a 'Change-Ur-Sex' pill.

This whole thread is full of disgusting ideas. I'm sure everyone means well, but it's still disgusting. My feelings on this is that many people like to trivialise how easy it is for gay people to become straight simply because they're scared they, or someone they love, actually might be gay, and they want to feel that it's not permanent. It is permanent. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Gay people are just like straight people, only more tolerant.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I've seen plenty of chicks who are as 'worldly-challenged' as that guy sounds, so you might want to clear up the language used in your post - it sounds awfully close to calling effeminate gay guys inherently stupid, which is clearly not the case.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I dont really meet effiminate men, atleasts its a rarity

And some of the gay males Ive met act like dramaqueens and "Oh...reallllly? THats so great dear!!" REally over the top

While I may have my over the top moments and am general eccentric I am feminine, not a show

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercuryae

And some of the gay males Ive met act like dramaqueens and "Oh...reallllly? THats so great dear!!" REally over the top

I think I get what you're saying
But uh... those phrases don't strike me as very dramaqueen'ish
Not compared to things I hear on a regular basis from many women I know! Guess I need sound bytes

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercuryae

Sounds like plenty of women I've met.

Are you saying that camp gay men try to out-women women or something? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

From my experience, I would have to say yes alot of the time. I have a very diverse group of friends, and the campy gay ones are definitely more femine that my female straight friends. I also know lesbians that are far more manly than some of my male straight friends.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Sounds like plenty of women I've met.

Are you saying that camp gay men try to out-women women or something? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Most women act different than those camp gay guys....its like they try to emulate the girls and women that are on high heels all the time, calling their boyfriends, over the top laughter...but done ever worser

Ive met feminine gay men and I met camp ones...I just dont like the camp ones

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Mercuryae]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It seems that both biology and social conditioning play vital roles in the sexual preference of one human being to the next.

Biologically you can produce a human being that resembles a male or female, but who favor their own sex opposed to "taking the arm" of the more socially acceptable sex in which reproduction can take place.

In social conditioning you can have a child raised in an enviroment where this was accepted and praticed therefore, perhaps deliberately or indeliberately taught. This could also be a result of sexual confusion in which the mind rewrites itself according to how that individual person feels his or her emotions should be directed.

Either way you have the natural biological reason that takes place during the development process and you have social conditioning which is merely "monkey see monkey do" or even "monkey see monkey want" or more so "monkey is so monkey does"

In the end it's all chemical flucuations in the brain that eventually cause this individual to live out a life of homosexuality.

From my stand point, being gay is something you can be born with and also "learned" through out the course of a life time.

I don't hang my hat on this theory, but it makes a fair amount of sense, enough to share it with the masses.

As far as being anymore advanced than straights, I'd have to say no. If there is some kind of physical evidence to prove otherwise then naturally I would accept this as fact.

I haven't exactly seen any headlines declaring that groups of gay scientists are making any groundbreaking discoveries or anything. Unless of course they're keeping them in the closet.

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

"Gays superior to Strieghts?"
hmmm... uh, no.

Former Mr Gay UK 'slit lover's throat then marinated his diced flesh with fresh herbs'

ONCE AGAIN I WILL REPEATE MYSELF!

Once again, i do not think because of sexuality they are superior. I thought (as in used to think) that because of the similarity of the female brain, and them being male, they would possibly be able to do things better then both sex' simply because they would logically posess both "types" of brains. However, that has already been disproven in this topic.

And by the way, that little source of information is in no way at all proof of stupidity. Infact, if you want to go through that way of knowledge, there are WAY more straight people that have done the same and worse then what you have stated. You clearly have a poor view on society if you truly think that because of one persons actions, that automatically reflects on that group of people as a whole. I feel sorry for you because you must absolutly be desgusted by this world and race.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm not disgusted by this world or this race... just your avatar

I agree my last post doesn't prove as you say "stupidity". I just read the article and decided to post it... to get a reaction. Like the title of this thread is designed to. I think whenever you ask something like "gays superior to straights?" or "straights superior to gays?", or whatever... you're going to get people pissed. So, that's all... Please continue.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So basically you're saying the 'flamers' make you very uncomfortable?

Still not following what you're saying myself..

Is it those traits combined with the fact their gay, or those traits alone, that you don't like?

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are some ways that homosexuality may be linked to things that are superior to the average mindset. They've been forced to think for themselves, understand themselves more and not just take things for granted the way most people do. They think out of the box and alternatively. I find that somewhat advanced myself.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nature= Penis--->Vagina---->Baby.

Just curious if you guys think that people that have sex with animals are born that way? Or if it's natural? What about Pedophiles?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not comparing pedophiles and animal doers with gays, I just think the human mind is much too complicated for us to sit here and pretend we know why people do things. I believe every case is different, let's face it, they haven't done studies on every gay person in the world.

We should just live and let live with no doscrimination. Our opinions will always be different in one way or another. But i bet we all have more in common than we think.

One of my favourite sayings,

"Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, and they're all full of crap"

Makes me giggle everytime.

Cheers guys.

P.S. I'm thinking of joining the forums soon, you guys are cool. And it seems at most times you hold good conversations without ill meaning towards one another.

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join