It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays, medically born Gay? Gays superior to Strieghts?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snift

I have heard many theories about what makes some ppl gay..

The Chemical inbalance seems to be the most popular.

If in fact this is true, this brings up another question..

If they found a way to counter the Inbalance & correct the Hormone levels, how many Gays would actually want to take the cure?

Gays like their lifestyle as much as the rest of us like ours. Would they consider comming over to the light side?

I spose it could be used as an enoculation for children to prevent further ppl from becomming gay.....but...,

Would the gay ppl of the world then say it is going against nature to prevnt ppl from becomming naturally gay?

Would the current worldwide gay population be dismaied that they could be the last of their kind?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Gays like their lifestyle as much as the rest of us like ours. Would they consider comming over to the light side?

If only you knew the power... heh.

I am pretty sure rainbows emanate quite a bit of light!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

no, because so many gays still believe its a choice. so no matter how much you try and convince them of the idea of it being natural, it wouldnt really bother them. however the ones that believe they were born that way would probibly have something to say.

And i doubt that any gay person would willining change their sexual prefference. Why? First off, they like being who they are. secondly, Its not like they cant find love, so there would be no point in the alterations.

The only gays i can see doing that would be the ones that are either embarased by their sexual prefference, or that they are hurt by the mind of society and how society can see them as (which in some cases could be monsters, however i dont personaly believe this).

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

Ghost most homosexuals believe homosexuality is born and not choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ah, well then to the ones that think they did choose, then my statement applies :d

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
OK, this one really grinds my goat. Homosexuality, just like heterosexuality, is not a choice! No one wakes up one day and says to themselves "Hey, I don't feel ostracized by society enough and I have far too many civil rights, so I think I'll be gay! That should do it!" The nature arguement automatically rules out choice and the nurture arguement entails that it happens prepubescent before any sexual desires show up in the individual, so no choice either! Accepting the fact and moving on is a different thing altogether. When you live in a society that promotes homosexuality as a less than desirable trait, it makes it difficult to accept that you are gay, and many like myself try to convince ourselves that 'it's just a phase, I'll grow out of it", but that does not mean that we make a choice to be gay, we just finally accept that part of ourselves and continue on with our lives in a more balanced manner. Did you at some point 'choose' to be straight? No, you did not. It is just what you are. I hope this clears up the 'choice' issue.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Here is something I think you haven’t considered about your “chemical imbalance” theory. I’ve known many people with mental disorders and they are never “fixed”, the chemical imbalance in their heads continues throwing their minds off the minute they stop taking medication, or need an adjustment of medication. Since we have no evidence that orientation is even defined by our chemical balance I find it unlike this is the cause anyway, and someone in the first pages of this thread posted research that shows other ways that are more likely to explain how the “gay brain” is working.

As for coming over to the “light” what makes you think you are there? Humanity in general is pretty dark, how are gay people not part of the “light” simply because they are gay? That is a pretty silly, generalization over sexuality and orientation.

As for the question, would gays change themselves? I’d never change my bisexuality just because it can be done medically, just because something can be done medically that doesn’t make it natural or right. If we can clone people does the ability automatically justify the act? No. Moral issues come into play here as they do when it comes to many medical issues. I can’t help but think of X-Men, no I’m not joking, when a cure is created (that really isn’t a cure) and while some mutants who are self conscious or have powers they think alienate them from others line up to be cured others who are more comfortable and confident in their own skin are outraged and resistant to even the thought of a cure. For some reason I don’t doubt the same reaction would occur with homosexuals, but that’s just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Hahaha, great points jaxon. totaly agree. I think people assume they made the choice, but in reality, they simply figured out they were gay. however, i do believe that they do make the choice to show that they are gay.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh, I agree with that one. Opening the closet door is a conscious choice.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've just read through 8 pages of posts about whether one is born homosexual or not! "Does it matter?" What would be a more enlightening discussion would be why some gays feel the need to actually blur the gender issue by wearing make-up etc, while others like dear old Rock Hudson hide their sexual preference? Why do some need to advertise their sexuality while others go to great lengths to hide it? And please don't give me the social side of things or that they're afraid of how they will be accepted by family and the community argument because I think in this day and age that is a ridiculous point of view.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

And please don't give me the social side of things or that they're afraid of how they will be accepted by family and the community argument because I think in this day and age that is a ridiculous point of view.

Gee, I guess you didn't here about that gay thirteen year old who was shot by a male class mate just for telling the kid he had feelings for him, did you? If you think all of the silly, biased, ignorant opinions toward homosexuals no longer exist you should have taken a closer look at this thread and some of the ignorant replies.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Respect. Well said. I admit to being stricken with verbosisitis. I have to give you props also for working through this complex issue with an even hand. You seem to really want to know, regardless of if the ideas conflict with your preconceptions. That's the heart and soul of "denying ignorance" IMO. Excellent thread, and I appreciate the different points of view.

BTW, I..........AM! occasionally..... strickenWITH! A! lesserknownDiseasecalled! WIL........iam Shatnerdisease.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

And please don't give me the social side of things or that they're afraid of how they will be accepted by family and the community argument because I think in this day and age that is a ridiculous point of view.

Start on page 10 and read to page 30+ of this thread. Come back and let me know if your opinion changed
If it hasn't I will sell you my soul.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gee, I guess you didn't here about that gay thirteen year old who was shot by a male class mate just for telling the kid he had feelings for him, did you?

There was a thread on that on ATS, and some members were saying it was the gay kids fault because he made his killer uncomfortable with his gayness.

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
If you think all of the silly, biased, ignorant opinions toward homosexuals no longer exist you should have taken a closer look at this thread and some of the ignorant replies.

I also recommend checking out this thread. It really starts to heat up on page 10 and lasts for another 30 pages or so. This is probably the best and worst thread I have seen on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost147

Hahaha, great points jaxon. totaly agree. I think people assume they made the choice, but in reality, they simply figured out they were gay. however, i do believe that they do make the choice to show that they are gay.

The choice to show their natural orientation?

Yeah, that's called exercising ones freedom bro

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I believe, if religion would stop preaching that homosexuality is a sin and stop preaching hatred against gay people, we would see more acceptances in society.
I have a friend who has gotten religious, who has known me most of my life, she never had a problem with me being gay. Now she dose, she told me it was abomination and I was going to hell. I was outraged! I ask her who brain washed you. What happen to you?
She told me this is what the bible has taught her this is what her pastor preaches to his congregation. I ask my friend had she ever research her religion, she told me no that she did not need to. Her preacher preaches the truth. I told her that I did two and half years of research on her religion and I let her know she was being mislead by preachers who have not done any research on what they preach that they only interpt and give their own opinions from the good book.

This religion has damaged a wonderful friendship; we had an argument about this she finally said she did not want to talk about her religion and me being gay and that I was all wrong, finally, I told her that this whole problem was in her lap that she has to deal with it because it is not mine. We hardly talk now and this breaks my hart.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

Ok, I just don't know how to say this about your post except:

AMEN!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Respect. Well said. I admit to being stricken with verbosisitis. I have to give you props also for working through this complex issue with an even hand. You seem to really want to know, regardless of if the ideas conflict with your preconceptions. That's the heart and soul of "denying ignorance" IMO. Excellent thread, and I appreciate the different points of view.

BTW, I..........AM! occasionally..... strickenWITH! A! lesserknownDiseasecalled! WIL........iam Shatnerdisease.

exactly! perfectly dead on! thats exactly how i think. No biased thoughts what so ever. thanks alot.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I do not believe sexual orientation has anything to do with being superior or not. There have been very brilliant homosexual and heterosexual people over the course of history. I am almost 100% sure the same holds for today. Besides, the question is moot **CRACK** women are always right anyway **CRACK** ow! At least that is what my girlfriend and her mother keep telling me!!!

Have a good evening.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Once again, i do not think because of sexuality they are superior. I thought (as in used to think) that because of the similarity of the female brain, and them being male, they would possibly be able to do things better then both sex' simply because they would logically posess both "types" of brains. However, that has already been disproven in this topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Superior is a very, very bad choice of words. Must the obvious be explained? The word is 'equality' for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join