It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays, medically born Gay? Gays superior to Strieghts?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OK, this is getting out of hand and completely off topic! The the assertion that the only reason to live is to procreate- BS!!! I have plenty of straight friends and family who have not and will not have children. They still have very meaningful lives. In fact, I would argue that not everyone should have children due to their inability to raise them properly. Secondly, to the assertion that gays and lesbians need technology to procreate- BS!!! I have a daughter and several grandchildren to prove otherwise, and never once was the turkey baster used! Lastly, to the assumption that gays procreate more gays- BS!!! 99.9% of the homosexual community has one thing in common- STRAIGHT PARENTS!!!

Now how about we all get back on topic- Are gays medically born gay and are they genetically superior to straights?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

That's the problem though it's only a viable option as long as the technology exists.

That is simply not true, I know gay people who have had children completely naturally and been impregnated naturally. Usually it happened before they were willing to admit who they are, but they surely do not need technology to procreate. I have to ask if people who believe these “gay myths” have ever known a gay person.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

LOL OMG! A turkey baster, now that is a good one. I have to wonder if straight parents think they have failed, when they find out that their child is gay, or perhaps the parents think they have a bad jean in their family background.
I have never seen a gay person that born from gay parents.
Now this being said, I believe the problem lays with the straight population “not” the gay population. I believe many straight parents are ashamed when they find out their child is gay, so to justify this some use religion to try to per sway their child to turn straight.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, with all my boys, I was always just prepared to accept them the way they were. Though nothing alternative has showed up yet. Even though our large family on all sides seems to be straight as everyone is very open about everything under the sun, that some day this could change. Being prepared to truly greet each child for who they are should be the norm.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Man...I was just about to say something along those lines. It's been observed in koalas in captivity and in the wild, as well as many other animals. It has already been mentioned that some animals can and do change sex, or take on the role of the opposite sex. Just like a straight male in prison can have sex with a male, yet still be a straight male, animals in captivity have been known to do the same thing. In ALL animals (humans included) it is completely hard-wired and inherent to breed. In the lack of the female, the male breeds anyway, even if it's not procreating. There are certain amphibians where in the event there is a lack in the female population, the males will lay fertilized eggs, without the aid of a mate. All the offspring are female. This very effectively ensures that the species will continue. The same mapping, without the means exists in all animals. In the animal world, if the population changes the breeding habits do as well. It makes perfect sense to say that it's a very effective form of population control. Evolution at it's finest. Why not? It works in every other species? Just because we humans have the curse of self-awareness doesn't mean we can change what we are here to do, and that's procreate and spread our kind by any means necessary, just like any other animal. We will continue to kill ourselves and disallow all of ourselves from being able to breed until the population is under control again (or earth takes care of it for us). To those saying that homosexuality is based on parenting, you couldn't be farther from wrong. The Greeks, Romans, and various other ancients viewed homosexuality as a very normal and accepted thing. Also, I'm sure the animals in the zoo that have homosexual moments around breeding seasons can blame their parents as well?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Way back in the 80's while at Uni studying psychology I read a small report on research into this particular question.

The report stated that the majority of children found to be deficient in one chemical at birth grew up to become homosexual by choice. Wish I could remember what the chemical was now, or the details of the paper, lol.

Gender roles in the wild animal population is a poor metaphor for the reality of the human condition where homosexuality is about the choice made for sex partners, not about procreation of the species and the amazing things some creatures do in order to insure the suvival of their species.

From a spiritual viewpoint, the growing numbers of homosexual men and women in the world today may well reflect the Soul's choices for life experience. And seeing how homosexuality is so very well accepted in most parts of society now, it seems perfectly valid that more souls would choose the experience this time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Way back in the 80's while at Uni studying psychology I read a small report on research into this particular question.

The report stated that the majority of children found to be deficient in one chemical at birth grew up to become homosexual by choice. Wish I could remember what the chemical was now, or the details of the paper, lol.

Gender roles in the wild animal population is a poor metaphor for the reality of the human condition where homosexuality is about the choice made for sex partners, not about procreation of the species and the amazing things some creatures do in order to insure the suvival of their species.

From a spiritual viewpoint, the growing numbers of homosexual men and women in the world today may well reflect the Soul's choices for life experience. And seeing how homosexuality is so very well accepted in most parts of society now, it seems perfectly valid that more souls would choose the experience this time.

Humans are not the only animals that engage in sex for pleasure. Also, I don't believe you choose to become gay, it's not a relation that you can change at a whim. Whether you're born with it, or it develops after birth, it's not something that you choose. I never chose to be the way I am, it's just been that way as far back as I can remember. Can you remember choosing which gender you picked?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
although not homosexual i do beleive that love' just happens'............
It cannot be foreseen or prevented!!!!
homosexuality is prevailent in the animal world...why would it be wrong in humanity????

each to there own!!!!!......... but as all walks in life sometimes closed doors are respectable?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

The report stated that the majority of children found to be deficient in one chemical at birth grew up to become homosexual by choice.

Could you post any links to this research or links that even mention it? I’d like to find it, and see how it matches up with more recent research.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

The report stated that the majority of children found to be deficient in one chemical at birth grew up to become homosexual by choice.

If it was choice then the chemical imbalance would be irrelevant at that point.

I'd be interested in seeing the report too... not sure what the findings really showed?...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am amazed at just how many replies this thread has received considering the title! I thought we had gotten over issues like race and homosexuality. Who cares?
That said, there are a couple of differences between straight and gay men. . .
1/ Gay men look after their appearance more and have a better dress sense.
2/ Straight men can open jars of pickles without bursting a blood vessel.
3/ Gay men are more polite and caring.
4/ Straight guys watch football!

I think you'll agree these are huge differences? "NOT!"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
if being gay really is genetic or whatever then it is a disorder and there is something wrong with that person. obviously there is something wrong with a gay because they dont have the attraction to the opposite sex to procreate. if the whole population of a species was gay it would go extinct. being gay is a medical disorder

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join