It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe We Are Not Alone In The Universe – Intelligent Discussion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
reply to post by bubbapug1985

" 1) Extraterrestrial are living among us now. "

Sounds OK to me. I kinda think that they don't really want to openly contact us.

Well,there does exist some quite convincing government documentary evidence for the existence of UFOs/OVNIs including the French government´s quite comprehensive Cometa report ..
www.ufoevidence.org...
...and some very interesting ´anomalous aerial phenomena´accounts from highly trained military/civilian aviation professionals.
video.google.co.uk...
video.google.co.uk...#
video.google.co.uk...
Also,there is the huge body of work that John Greenewald Junior has collated at Blackvault.com where he has amassed thousands of authenticated UFO/OVNI documents which quite clearly show the subject is taken extremely seriously by many of the world´s governments -some documents are quite open in speculating that UFOs are ´intelligently controlled,structured craft´.
video.google.co.uk...
Theres also some quite interesting circumstantial evidence in the form of sworn eyewitness testimony from credible,high ranking military officials,government scientists/academics....
video.google.co.uk...
video.google.com...#
...and some ´quite difficult to explain away´ radar/sonar evidence where unknown objects have been captured,plotted and visualy corellated travelling at unheard of speeds (10,000 mph+)
-some objects have been plotted displaying completely unprecedented flight characteristics and aerial manouverability such as executing right angle turns without slowing down or performing immediate stops from very high speed.
Richard Dolan:
video.google.ca...
Bruce Maccabee:
video.google.co.uk...
There also exists cases of ground trace UFO evidence where the physical environment has been altered in some way and countless examples
of video/photographic evidence....although its fair to say a percentage of these are hoaxes/misidents.
www.youtube.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are also some very revealing UFO quotes made by prominent scientists,academics,politicians,generals etc.. from organisations such as NASA,NORAD,NATO etc.. but some,if not many,do remain unsubstantiated:
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...
netscienta.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
All in all its very intruiging and,whilst it´s fair to say theres no unequivocable proof for UFOs in the public domain,for UFO cynics to claim´There is no evidence for UFOs´ just seems spurious,misinformed and wrong (not to mention wilfully ignorant).
That UFOs exist is undeniable-all we have to do is to just indentify the unidentified bit

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well you believe with no evidence but I have actually worked and studied in this field. The point I am making is that the absence of other human type species makes a lot of people believe we are somehow special compared to other animals, and in extension that we have a special place in the universe. Perhaps you don't know that the human race dropped to 10,000 individuals at one point in it's history and it could just as easily have been Neanderthals or their descendants chatting here. The discovery of bacteria on other planets or in space would have an eye opening effect but there will still be people arguing then that 'intelligent life' like humans is somehow rare.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Im not sure what people see nor am i even sure about what i see from time to time. I just recently graduated from a State University in MN in Fall07. My last semester I decided to take a class called "Life in the Universe", it was taught by a Astrophysicist/Chemical Engineering teacher who was probably in his 15+ years of teaching so he was well known in the science building.

Here is his site: mavdisk.mnsu.edu...

We were shown The Drake Equation

This equation was intended to provide a way of estimating the number of intelligent extraterrestrial civilizations in the Galaxy which currently have the ability to engage in interstellar communication.

Here is my friend Carl Sagan talking about the Drake Equation. I figured a video is easier that taking up all the space.

1. www.youtube.com...

2. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bricmpt
We are clearly not alone.

Where is the evidence?

Where isn't there evidence? Evidence is in the fact that all of mankind has numerous accounts of the "others". Evidence is in the abundance and diversity of life on this planet. Evidence is in the communications that many of us have with "others". Evidence is in the immenseness of the universit coupled with the possibility of something happening somewhere. Evidence is in the microorganisms that can survive a freezing vaccume.

But, I am not one of those people who, a few hundred years ago, would have believed that the earth was at the center of the universe either. To me, it is as obviously silly to think that earth is the only living planet as it is for me to think that I am the only living person.

(edited for goofy spelling and grammer ;-)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by bricmpt]

There is tons of evidence. Start with the Clifford Stone collection of FOIA documents, then read some of the thousands of books where people have seen, interacted and actually had personal relationships with "others" and observed their technology and even experienced their awareness in some cases. Then you will see why it is all being held just out of reach of general knowledge.

I became outraged after seeing proof, and my close and extended friends also whom I have no reason to disbelieve also confirming the same types of experiences.

Through assimilation you will (if not all of a sudden faced with your own experience) not only understand why we are not generally aware of all the hundreds of years of sightings, experiences and proof right in front of us, you will also understand how it is kept from us and how we actually stave off such proof to keep ourselves in a safe and unchallenged state of sheep-consciousness. We are afraid of change and fear having to think. We need to shake that off to really get a bead on reality.

It (reality) is much bigger than the world blanketed mega-corporate advertising industry wants us to believe. Until they can sell us trips to the Moon and other planets and alien hotels.

I and my wife had our head pulled out of the sand with great force and have been clear of such deadening ignorance and doubt for many years. Several friends as well. The truth will catch up with us all to soon I think. Then everyone will get the sand out of their eyes.

ZG

[edit on 10/7/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Phoenix-couldn´t agree more matey,this chaps got the right idea!
video.google.co.uk...#
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Nice one Karl. That's why I love our intelligent community.
Dave

Cheers Dave,its a great site and its refreshing that so many folks here attempt to be impartial and objective-especially when it comes to discussing highly controversial,divisive subjects like UFOs and anomalous phenomena in general
Good job

Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
What's surprising to me is that the thread is clearly labeled "...We Are Not Alone in the GALAXY"...

And it seems as though everyone except a few are posting about the UNIVERSE.

It's a different question.

Brother B....

You are correct.... it is a different question. But WHICH GALAXY WAS I REFERRING TO?
Hell, for all anyone knows..... I might be from K-Pax.

Seriously though, you are correct that I was referring to the Milky Way for purposes of this thread..... but I have absolutely no problem, especially given that the photos go well beyond our Own Galaxy, expanding this thread as it has taken a different path in some instances.

I can always count on you to keep me honest.

Post away members....... "To The Universe And Beyond!"

Dave

Edit To Add: I have now changed the OP to Universe.

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Flagged and starred!

I wish I had not stumbled upon this thread while needing to study, because now The Universe is more intriguing than a bunch of numbers. But then again ... is mathematics not the language of The Universe? (:

Thank you for posting this intellectual topic.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i think this is a very intersting topic to talk about i saw a ufo awhile back in arizona and ever since then i believe that we are not alone and i would love 2 met an alien someday

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Post away members....... "To The Universe And Beyond!"

Now you've gone and made it even more complicated.............Beyond the universe...now your talking other dimensions?

Help the worms are escapeing from the can.

lol

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Beautiful images...some of them are personal favourites. Awesome thread too...one to pass on to those still in doubt.

What really did me in as far as enlightening my perspective on the sheer size of our known universe was the Hubble Deep Field images. Like this one:

This image has BILLIONS of galaxies pictured....as far as our Hubble Eye can see there are galaxies very similar to our own. The caption here was something like "Hubble took a look at a previously thought to be empty part of sky...it zoomed in and focused and low and behold....billions of galaxies were in that tiny "empty" spot of sky"

There's a video that I show anyone having doubts about the size of the Universe we live in that is images taken from the Hubble Deep Field images.

There's all THAT...but there's also all the ancient writings and archeological evidence ALL over the globe that write about beings from the heavens, flying to and fro in Vimanas (India) or Sky Chariots (Egyptians). Then there is the cuneiform tablets from ancient Mesopotamia that clearly speak of beings and their goings ons on and off our planet. It's all very clearly contained in the Bible and other ancient scriptures, however there are HUGE missing chunks of the original texts missing in the Bible (are you surprised?) that leave the reader confused and lost. It's like reading a book about beautiful artworks that has no pictures of the works. SO without getting into religion, there is ample archeological evidence along with the "common sense" stuff of the sheer size of our Universe and the mathematically feasible logic that says "It would be damn amazing if there was NOT other life out there".

Why does it always come down to "Prove there is life out there" instead of "Prove there is NOT life out there"!!

Big Love!
❤Åηηü≈

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Annu2012]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Now you've gone and made it even more complicated.............Beyond the universe...now your talking other dimensions?

It's funny you should mention Dimensions. Johnny and I have interviewed some amazing guests over the past almost 100 shows, but none was more spell binding than Dr. Michio Kaku, one of the most respected physicist in the world. We did a two part interview with Dr. Kaku, and in one part he talks about inter-dimensional travel from a physicist and scientific probability standpoint. We aren't talking about some nut job..... but a man of impeccable credentials and overwhelming respect from his peers in the scientific community.

If you have not heard him, here are the links:

Dr. Michio Kaku Interview PART 1

Dr. Michio Kaku Interview PART 2

Dave

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And let's also discuss a bit about ancient cave drawings that depict "Unknown Life Forms". You'll note that I avoided the word Alien because, who knows. And because I am short of time and have to do post production on some things to get ready for our 100th ATS MIX Show, forgive the lack of photos, etc., but those of you who have contributed so far know exactly what I am referencing. There are literally thousands of photos of cave drawings that date back to the caveman days that depict drawings of some kind of advanced life form. There are also an equal number of those that are part of the American Indian legend and folklore. Johnny and I have interviewed numerous guests that also re-enforce these drawings.

Now here is the selling point to me. These were in a time of our civilization when there was no mainstream media, critics, secret agendas, 3 letter agencies or other nay sayers. This was in an age of our revolution as a species that we were still innocent of corruption (let's not debate this) or influence. Something or someone obviously impressed and motivated these thousands of images to be documented for ages to come from all over the world.

I would love to see some of you post some of the more unique and fascinating that you can find on our thread here.

Thanks again to all of you who have, again, made me proud to be a member of ATS.

Dave

[edit on 10/7/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So i just purchased a Laser pointer on Amazon last month. The second day i had it i decided to drive out to my hunting grounds and play around with it a bit. The stars were out in masses and there were 0% clouds in the sky all night. I made it out to my site just on the edge of a large red oak forest and a +100 acre corn field. I made sure that there was no air traffic in the area because this laser pointer shoots +3 miles in good condition's. I just started pointing out the brighest stars in the Northern Hemisphere and i got to the third star near Polaris and I saw a large flair like light slowly brighten to the point were it looked like an incoming jet for some sort of landing at a large international airport or something but it was still several thousand feet in the air(I couldnt tell how far up). The light seemed to be falling straight down but alot slower than anything free falling. The light got so bright at one point it started to shimmer like it was pulsing or emitting high energy. So i made sure it wasnt an airplane and pointed right at the light with my green laser pointer and then the light dimmed for about 10 seconds and disappeared as it was falling (it seemed to be falling but it was so far away it could of been moving away from my location) There were no red or white blinking lights, nothing at all like a UFA or meteor . This was over South Central MN at around 11:45 pm on Sept 3rd 08

[edit on 7-10-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Check out this dude, Hugh Everett III ,who first proposed The Many Worlds Theroy.

Hugh Everett III. When he was 24 he wrote a ground-breaking thesis about physics most commonly known as “the many worlds theory”. It challenged the accepted notion of how the world works in such a huge way, stating that there were actually countless versions of ourselves splitting off and going through as many different scenarios as you could imagine, and the physics powers that be (Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr) were having none of this. They weren’t about to let a 24-year-old knock their faces off the Mount Rushmore of physics. .

Below is part one of a documentary about him.

The rest can be found here

I buy into this theroy

[edit on 7-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

of course, thats my only argument too. The universe is so big...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annu2012

I have been looking for a large/very large HD image of the one you posted with no luck.

If anyone knows where i can view one please post.

cheers and thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The basic problem arises from the fact that it's extremely difficult to make any reliable assumptions or predictions based on a sample of one. All we can say at this point is that we know life can exist, because we have an example of it. Us, which includes all the life on this planet. That's all we know. That it's possible.

On the negative side, as our exploration reaches further out, each new planet or moon we discover without life on it increases our sample, but lowers the overall probability of life being elsewhere. Of course, all you need is another example of life somewhere else to increase the probability, but we sure haven't found that yet. The known probability continues to drop.

I think it's a shame that people so often say that it's "arrogant" to think that we might be the only living things in the galaxy, or universe for that matter. I don't understand that. After all, it's only looking at the currently available data. Nothing arrogant about that. And it's not as if anyone is necessarily saying, "We're so great and awesome we must be the only intelligent beings in existence." If that turns out the be the case, the most we might possibly be able to say about that is that we are certainly an incredible fluke. Like flipping a coin a 100 billion times and having it land on an edge. I don't see where that's anything to be arrogant about. It's just dumb luck. That doesn't make anybody great.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Although you do provide a valid arguement, scientists have been working for some time to send a probe to Europa, a moon of Jupiter, to search for life there:

Europa [yur-ROH-pah] is a unique moon of Jupiter that has fascinated scientists for hundreds of years. Its surface is among the brightest in the solar system, a consequence of sunlight reflecting off a relatively young icy crust. Its face is also among the smoothest, lacking the heavily cratered appearance characteristic of Callisto and Ganymede. Lines and cracks wrap the exterior as if a child had scribbled around it. Europa may be internally active, and its crust may have, or had in the past, liquid water which can harbor life.

Source.

If we do find life there, then I would say the chances of finding life elsewhere are highly probable.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i may only be thirteen but i certainly am entitled to my opinion and i do believe that there is a LARGE possibility that there is life on other planets i mean if we can evolve from single cell organisms surely other humanoid like "creatures" (if you will) can exist.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join