It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants and fallen angels:titans and olympians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i know most alll people on here dont like the whole bible thing but i wwanted to know- if you were religious- what you ould think about this.

fallen angels---- theses were the greeek olympians

giants(offspring of fallen angels and women)---- these were the greek titans.

there is a lot of comparing done to these groups. for example there was a tribe of fallenangels(later the name of a tribe of giants) which the leader tought men about how to workwith matal(bk of giants) in the grreek mythology zeus also did this!

so are the giants the one whogave the ancients there knowwelegde and along with fallen angels called gods by the ancients?

just want to see what you think of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Let's see some links. Then we will have something to discuss. Looking forward to it because I'm really interested in ancient giants and such....

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I saw a show on Discovery channel about this very thing, they talked about how the ancient Greeks would find ,fossils of extinct animals like mammoths,or dinosaurs and think that had had discovered the grave of one of their legendary heroes,and they would rebury them with a monument that had a headstone like Here lies Great Achilles or something,or they would think maybe it was the remains of on of the Titans or maybe one of the monsters of their legends ,sometimes they would install them in their temples so everyone could see them like museums do today,a paleontologist has been working on this theory that certain legends believed by various ancient peoples were due to finding fossils and a need to explain what they were the remains of. Fascinating Stuff!!
:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I found a flaw in your original premise. First, the titans were born before the Olympians, specifically the children of Chronos. Would it not make more sense that the fallen angels were the titans and the Olympians were the half-breeds?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I saw that show too. Very interesting, but there are still a few mysteries involving very large skeleton circulating out there. Saw a few pics here and there. Also some stories that sound like they would be worth checking out.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
I found a flaw in your original premise. First, the titans were born before the Olympians, specifically the children of Chronos. Would it not make more sense that the fallen angels were the titans and the Olympians were the half-breeds?

Incorrect,
in the mythos, The titans ruled the earth first,
and then the Olympian 'gods' came along,

not that the titans were 'born' first, they just happened to inhabit the earth first,

either way though, that entire mythos is false :-)

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here's a really cool video about this issue
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Nevermind that the Olympans were the children of Cronus and Rhea - Titans.

I think you're confusing the Olympians and Titans, with the irish Fomorian-Fir Bolg-Tuatha de Denaan mythcycles

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm having flashbacks of Dungeons and Dragons...and that is a good thing.

As for the OP - Hey, you never know; I'm sure some legends have some truth to them...

I will look for the 411 on the large skeleton supposedly floating around out there...if there are pix and someone here has them or knows the link, please post...

We have and have had very large human beings, so the size of the skeleton, and the general make-up, would need to be quite unique...

Thx for switching on the creative side...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Here is a documentary on the giants with pictures of real skeletons!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsAUgCZPBo&feature=related

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Also, here is an extensive website that has pictures, text and references to giants. www.burlingtonnews.net/giants.html

It is very extensive with lots of reading.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Yes. it would. i made a mistake. thank you cause even i wasnt sure exactly which was born first.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i also thought that maybe it was the fallen angels or whatever... maybe the alien "gods" carried the secrets of astrology and bilding pyramids,etc then perhaps those secrets were passed down and that is why there are all these wonders of the world that we cant even do now. It could also explain why the ancients advanced so fast.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

note also what theories do you have about giants and angels. what about zecheriah sitchen and related writers theories. is there any hard core evidence out there?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak
It could also explain why the ancients advanced so fast.

Well that's funny, considering we advance 1000x more in 10 years in our "primitive" modern times than the ancients did during a millienia (or two).

But I'm a pesimist, so dont listen to me. I think these theories are just futile attempts to mix different things that cant be mixed and still make sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak
i know most alll people on here dont like the whole bible thing but i wwanted to know- if you were religious- what you ould think about this.

fallen angels---- theses were the greeek olympians

giants(offspring of fallen angels and women)---- these were the greek titans.

I'm afraid this isn't possible. The Greeks were telling tales of the Olympians and the Titans some 600 years (and more) before the Jews wrote down the Talmud.

Nor do the Olympians behave in any way like the "fallen angels" or the "giants" of the bible. There's some good links on mythology around, but if you try to connect two gods and two ideas, the first thing you neeed to look up is the timeline of when the ideas first appeared.

In this case, it's a "miss" of about 600 years or so.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'm afraid this isn't possible. The Greeks were telling tales of the Olympians and the Titans some 600 years (and more) before the Jews wrote down the Talmud.

Nor do the Olympians behave in any way like the "fallen angels" or the "giants" of the bible. There's some good links on mythology around, but if you try to connect two gods and two ideas, the first thing you neeed to look up is the timeline of when the ideas first appeared.

In this case, it's a "miss" of about 600 years or so.

while i agree on the mythology part, i feel obligated to say
that i believe he was implying that maybe the christian/jewish beliefs
evolved from those of the greek beliefs/mythology

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The "War of the Titans" in Greek mythology makes an interesting connection with the Genesis Deluge account.

Twelve Elder gods, known as the Titans, rebelled against their father Uranus. The youngest Titan, named Cronos, overthrew his father. A prophecy came up that said Cronus would be overthrown by his own sons. Cronos ate all his offspring Rhea bore to him so that would not happen. Rhea was sad about losing her children and so she tricked him so he wouldn't eat his son Zeus. Later Zeus tricked Cronos into drinking a potion that would make him throw up the children. Zeus' brothers Poseidon and Hades came out along with some sisters. The three brothers, along with others worked together to do battle with the Titans. They threw the rebelling Titans into the underworld called Tartarus, the deepest part of the underworld.

The book of Genesis and the book of 2 Peter helped me make this connection.

2 Peter 2:4 reads.
"For if God spared not the angels that sinned but cast them down to hell (Tartarus-original Greek) and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."

The elder gods were primarily overthrown by the three brothers Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.

The Genesis Deluge pertaining to the three Olympian gods.

Zeus (sky god): Genesis 7:11b, 12 "...and the windows of the heavens were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights."

Poseidon (sea god): Genesis 7:11a "...all the fountains of the great deep broken up."

Hades (death god): Genesis 7:21, 22 "And all flesh died that moved upon the earth...All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died."

The rebelling angels were rounded up and thrown into Tartarus when Genesis 7 was taking place.

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

www.theoi.com...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
while i agree on the mythology part, i feel obligated to say
that i believe he was implying that maybe the christian/jewish beliefs
evolved from those of the greek beliefs/mythology

He runs into trouble there, too, because other than being large (supposedly) there's no real correlation between the two. The titans didn't rebel, it was the younger gods who overthrew them. They couldn't be "fallen angels" unless somehow you can rewrite the Bible to include a stern overlord that the angels rebel against and kick the Overlord and his minions out of the universe that they've created and install themselves as the new gods.

Unlike Greek divinities, Christian concepts of divinity have the "overlord of everything" aspect to them. The Titans each had their own "job", as did the Greek gods.

You can tell when stories are derived from other ones because there's lots and lots of similarities in the plots. It's sort of a "names are changed to protect the innocent" situation.

Here's an example from the Pitt site of folktales that are derived from some common sources. You can see how alike they are... and in contrast, how unalike the Biblical motifs are from Greek mythology:
www.pitt.edu...

Here's a pretty decent site on the Titans, if you need to brush up on details. More can be found through googling:
www.theoi.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
He runs into trouble there, too, because other than being large (supposedly) there's no real correlation between the two. The titans didn't rebel, it was the younger gods who overthrew them. They couldn't be "fallen angels" unless somehow you can rewrite the Bible to include a stern overlord that the angels rebel against and kick the Overlord and his minions out of the universe that they've created and install themselves as the new gods.

Unlike Greek divinities, Christian concepts of divinity have the "overlord of everything" aspect to them. The Titans each had their own "job", as did the Greek gods.

You can tell when stories are derived from other ones because there's lots and lots of similarities in the plots. It's sort of a "names are changed to protect the innocent" situation.

Here's an example from the Pitt site of folktales that are derived from some common sources. You can see how alike they are... and in contrast, how unalike the Biblical motifs are from Greek mythology:
www.pitt.edu...

Here's a pretty decent site on the Titans, if you need to brush up on details. More can be found through googling:
www.theoi.com...

I agree with you, i just wished to point out what i thought his intentions were

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join