It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heaven and hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been raised Christian and have always been told that "only Christians go to heaven, through Jesus." But when I started to think about this I found it kind of rediculous this is. I mean there are so many people who without second thought say they are Christian but live the most corrupt life. If God were just and loving, wouldn't he love a buddhist(just for example) who practices his religous beliefs, or any man who truly appreciates his life more than a half-@$$ed Christian who goes to church only a few times a year and rarely even touches a bible? And secondly, even if you pray to god, is there ANY kind of recognition? no. But it seems odd to me that in your heart you can truly feel when you've done something spiritually wrong or right, which is the only sign that god has ever given me to show me what to do. What do you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey Acid, Welcome to the board. Enjoy. I'm glad that you picked a light-hearted topic to start with. What you are questioning here has filled libraries with material about this. You will get as many answers as people you talk to. Look into other religions, reexamine your own. I FEEL that there is truth in all. It is the concept interpretation that clouds things. What makes sense to you?

ET3

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hello Dark Acid and Welcome to Above Top Secret.
Before they suck you for a 50 pointer, I am here to tell you that they will suck you dry, but you need to keep �BASIC RELIGIOUS� posts in BELOW top secret, NOT in ABOVE top secret. Why I don�t know, I guess it is just a move to divide and conquer the more feeble minded agents of information control that run this board. Try something like �Spiritual Conspiracy� and see what happens. They just hate a real conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Asking questions and not taking what they say at face value is a good start.

And welcome to the board

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Welcome Dark Acid and don't mind ET3. It seems that he has been probed a bit too many times today.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
well, thanks for the welcome, i was debating for well over 20 minutes which one i should put this question in(cuz i have seen what happens to unintelligent people and their posts around here)
I finally decided this one, but maybe i should have picked BTS...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Acid
well, thanks for the welcome, i was debating for well over 20 minutes which one i should put this question in(cuz i have seen what happens to unintelligent people and their posts around here)
I finally decided this one, but maybe i should have picked BTS...

Dont ever let ANYONE stop you from speaking your mind.

I would rather be banned than be afraid to speak my mind

ET3

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

well, thanks for the welcome, i was debating for well over 20 minutes which one i should put this question in(cuz i have seen what happens to unintelligent people and their posts around here) I finally decided this one, but maybe i should have picked BTS...

Duh?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by ET3]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
NEVER ask your proctologist for a SECOND opinion ! ! That is really dumb ! !

How sweet it is,

man, you need to lighten up, seriously.

link   
Howdy, Dark Acid. Has anyone noticed ET3 seems to be having a stomach problem today?

As for your point, your concerns make perfect sense. And there's scripture which states that it's not as easy as people would like to believe. It is true that through Jesus we are saved, but there is more to it then that.

You really need to believe that Jesus is the son of God, He is Alpha and Omega, He was killed on the cross, and rose on the 3rd day. You have to believe that with all of your heart. If you just go to church a couple times a year, like on the holidays, you tend to lose touch with that belief. BElieve me, I know.

It also states that the gospel will be made known to everybody. How this works, I don't know. It says everybody will be told the truth, and will get to make a descision. There are also statements that say that those who did not recieve the teachings will be judged much less harshly then those who heard the Word of God and chose to ignore it or fight it. So in a sense, ignorance is bliss, but knowlege is a lot more blissful

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by junglejake]

link   
Baaaad post move, double clicked before I even got to type something! [delete me]

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by junglejake]

link   
What if your proctologist also happens to be a minister and you were asking him about heaven and hell, which is what this thread is about?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
wuz poppin' black gel? hey i think you r on the right track with what you said about your conscience or inner feelings of right and wrong. let the Holy Spirit guide you.

you certainly don't need a book to find god. people write books god doesn't. but then again he could certainly use someone to write one. so i guess i should say governments write bibles, not holy spirit inspired brethren.

if you humbly and honestly search for the truth and also ask for discernment it will be revealed unto you.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As long as you acknowledge that GOD is everything and is outside of our realm of understanding and that GOD sacraficed his only "child" for us, then you will be okay.

WE are all GOD's children, "Jesus" was a perfect child born to this earth so that mankind would see the error in its ways and get back on track with GOD.

Anything outside of those two points is just fluff for which ever "religion" excits you to mull over and spin to suit their own agenda.

Believe and communicate with GOD, through your own heart and he will find you and reveal to you the wonders of the world around you.

new topics

top topics

join