It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pixies...Real or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Last spring, me and my friend whent to a little place near a stream.
We saw these little transparrent blue things flying around. They were about an inch in height, and look like tiny people with wings.
Almost like the ones on the cartoon movie Pagemaster, but these werent electric.

We went back home to get somthing to catch one with, but when we came back, nothing was there..
We have only seen them one other time, but in a different place. Which was the following fall..
Havent seen them since. This pretty much convinced us that they are real..
No we werent on drugs

But my mum (tweedlede) seems to think that they are just some kind of bug..

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I suppose that it was only a matter of time with the elf and gnome threads. Pixies...NO! However I do have a few friends that are faries.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Intresting experience!

You never know! it could well have been...

which is why i always say carry a camera with you everywhere you go...

But .. i would say never try to catch them,
Keep it as something special between you and your friend.

Just think what would happen if you captured one and the media got hold of it...not to mention the scientists

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just think what would happen if you captured one and the media got hold of it...not to mention the scientists
eekk...
that wouldent be good..

pixies or faries...either way it was really cool to see them:b

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i always thought pixies and fairies were one in the same but that pixies didn't have wings?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Checked out Miriam Webster, Fairy is a synonym. Same with Sprite. Not the drink.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
pix�ie (plural pix�ies) or pix�y (plural pix�ies)
noun
fairy or elf: a type of fairy or elf often depicted as having pointed ears, wearing a long pointed hat, and being cheerful and rather mischievous

[Mid-17th century. Origin unknown.]
-----
fair�y
noun (plural fair�ies)
1. small supernatural creature: an imaginary supernatural being, usually resembling a small person, with magic powers. In folklore, fairies may be kindly or malicious.

adjective
of fairies: relating to, belonging to, or typical of fairies
the fairy folk

[14th century. From Old French faerie �enchantment,� from fae �fairy,� from Latin fata �the Fates,� plural of fatum �fate.�]
---
bwah...i knew they looked like people

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i'd say that u have some pretty big bugs in your area so i'd suggest that u go and start squishing them
by the way...tweedlede?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
portalproductions.com...

this reminds me more of fairies than pixies if my understanding of the two is correct. but whatever i enjoyed reading this. small mythical beast with wings.

peace

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
this is not the first time iv seen someone pst about seeing things like that.. it was at least a year ago when i saw someone on some forgotten sight post almost the exact same thing

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
this is not the first time iv seen someone pst about seeing things like that.. it was at least a year ago when i saw someone on some forgotten sight post almost the exact same thing

weird....

well it wasnt me because i just found this site 2 days ago.
creepy

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One word - dragonfly.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yes, Pixies certainly do exist. But they don't have wings. I have researched them in depth (see the title above my avatar
), and some years ago put up a website concerning them and their and legends. It includes a somewhat concise history of the pixies, which I have traced back to Roman times. (With thanks to KayEm for the animated titles).

I really need to update the site though, since it is rather primitive, and my knowledge of HTML was very limited at that time. Plus I have discovered more historical date linking them even farther back, to the Scythians.

To quite from the site, Pixy Folk :

The original pixies were the little aboriginal folk who inhabited the barrows and cromlechs, and whose cunning - their only effective weapon against the strength of the Aryan invader - earned them a reputation for magical powers. Over the years these peoples also became linked with the pagan belief in nature sprites, and the two beliefs merged, giving us the pixy we know today. Remains of ancient dwellings, half sunken in the ground give us an idea as to why the pixies were believed to live in the underworld, when you consider that when fully built, they resembled a small hill. When seeing a pixy entering and leaving from the smoke hole in the roof, it is understandable how a passing traveller could mistake them as beings from the underworld. In fact the word "Pixy" is believed to derive from "Pict" - early inhabitants of Scotland who lived in similar dwellings.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I just had a look at your Pixy Folk site, Pisky. I didn't know there were so many pixie stories about. I used to love the stories of the little people when I was a girl. I was born in Wales and I remember my gran telling me stories of the Tylwyth Teg when I was a toddler. I havent got time to read all the stories right now, so added the site to my favourites to check them out later.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
One word - dragonfly.

OK..they looked absolutly NOTHING like that...i think i would know if it were a dragonfly or not..

And Pisky, those pix on your site...is just what they looked like!!!

Yay!

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Ashness]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Some famous (and questionable) fairy photos:

Else Arnhem's photographs of a faery, taken in Germany, summer 1927

The first photograph of the Cottingley fairie series, taken in England July 1917

Dorothy Inman's faery photograph, taken shortly after Cottingley events

A tiny entity clad in knee-length shorts, located in the lower right of the picture taken in La Jolla, Californa, USA.

A photograph of the Little People in Cornwall, England showing a member of a group of witches involved in obtaining the picture.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
THose Cottingley pics have proven to be fakes. I don't know about the rest of them though.
I just saw "Leprechaun Back 2 Da 'Hood" the other day. If you see one of those guys, don't take their gold!!!

[Edited on 3/24/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I remeber calling them dragonflys as we have a rather large( in size) variety here, with beautiful blue irredecent wings.
Love ya

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i think theyre real. anything is possible...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The Cottingley ones are fakes. I can't understand how someone like Conan Doyle could have been tricked. After all, he was the creator of Sherlock Holmes.
I seem to remember one of the girls, just before she died saying that the faeries were real but she wasn't actually able to photograph them. So she and her cousin faked them so that her mother (who she had told about the faeries) wouldn't be disappointed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join