It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Wow beautiful.

I think I'm the only one I know in my family with green eyes, my mothers side(welsh) has blue and brown eyes, and my father side (Moroccan) has mostly brown eyes.

Because your all taking picture, I think I'll go take a couple of pics and post tomorrow.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Cool... nice to know that I'm not the only one with orange/green eyes.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by br0oce

Blurry photo perhaps? Ever hear of freckles?

I have relatively normal skin around my eyes as far as I'm aware

One...two...Im coming for you......

[edit on 8/10/08 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Really? What part of Hungary is your dad from? Both my parents are from Budapest. My mom has green eyes...me, not so much (brown)

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Hello all, I too have green eyes. They were green as a toddler, turned sky blue from about 2 to mid twenties then back to green. They are large yet almond shaped and a very light shade of green with a very dark shade of green around the rim. My father has crystal blue eyes, my mother had dark blue/grey eyes. My older sister's eyes are large, round, and greenish-hazel. My younger sister has almond shaped, dark slate blue eyes (very beautiful and striking). Oh yes and as for my hair, it was blonde with a light hint of red until about 2, then turned very light blonde. My father was born white blonde hair then gradually darkened as he got older. My mother had auburn hair, my sisters are both brunettes. I believe we are of an Irish, Scottish, and Blackfeet Indian desent. I'm glad to read that there are others that have had an eye change color during their lives. I'm happy with what I have. Sounds like all of you are too. Cheers! Yay for the greenies!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
my mother has brown hair and bright green eyes. her four brothers have black hair and brown eyes. (and so do i).

i really dont recall any of my family members on her side with green eyes.

is it possible for green eyes to just pop up out of no where?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Wow beautiful.

I think I'm the only one I know in my family with green eyes, my mothers side(welsh) has blue and brown eyes, and my father side (Moroccan) has mostly brown eyes.

Because your all taking picture, I think I'll go take a couple of pics and post tomorrow.

so...where's the picture/s??

not a one liner

thanks for the compliment

[edit on 9-10-2008 by seeker11]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
nil

[edit on 9-10-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

i have red hair and blue eyes, and know 4 others who allso have
its normal

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Wow beautiful.

so...where's the picture/s??

not a one liner

thanks for the compliment

[edit on 9-10-2008 by seeker11]

Haha I forgot, I'll add the picture later when I have time.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by curiositydidnotkillthecat

Yeah I had blonde hair and blue eyes as kid, as I got older, hair got darker, eyes changed colour from blue to blue/grey to blue/grey/green to green, Now I have brown hair green eyes, but different lighting and clothes can change the appearance.

If I wear blueish clothes it might appear more blue for example. People sometimes say, "hey I thought your eyes were green?" Then the next time they say "huh your eyes have changed green now?"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, I am blond with green (I mean real green) eyes, and my parents both got green eyes...is it really so rare?
Is there any genetic explanation or DNA structure explaining the occurrence of green eyes?

I often get compliments for my eyes but somehow I never thought green eyes are so special.....

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OK I couldn't find my good camera, so had to use a mobile camera. Here's the picture.

Edit:
Ah I just remembered that I had quite a few previous pictures from before for another thread, on my computer. Here ya go:

Quite a few colours in the eye as you can see, this is probably why some people get confused with the colour, because light, clothes etc can change the appearance a bit.

I think it was really cold or something when I took these pictures haha, I don't know why my skin looks so red, it's not like that normally.

I think this is the best quality picture of my eye close up, but I took it in black and white!! and can't change it lol

By the way I really like skeptic1, seeker11 and SciDocs eyes and everyone elses.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Those are some beautiful eyes Phoenix!

In fact those little flecks of color in your eye really make them look much prettier. I don't know if guys like being told they have pretty eyes...lol...But you know, I have seen people with just completely solid blue or green eyes, and they almost look like dead fish eyes - No depth or life to them. Yours my friend are lovely.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Wow that's quite a complement "blush"
I've had quite a few nice comments on my eyes before,(some scary, my little sister wants to take away my eyes for herself) but your comment was really nice

Some of those flecks are actually quite new, because my eyes still changed a bit over the past 6 years. Odd...

Anyway It's great that all eyes are unique like fingerprints, it's great that we can enjoy looking at deep dark dark eyes or light brown eyes, grey eyes, etc.
I think variety is a great gift to us all in this life.

Oh and you can call me pretty as long as I don't have to wear any pretty dresses as well

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

wow. great eyes! i love this thread. eyes are amazing.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit for wife censorship...

[edit on 10/14/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

your eyes are absolutely gorgeous .
They awe so pretty

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
my eyes are greenish/blue normally with a gold ring around the pupil, but is there a reason why they change from blue to green depending on what i wear?? if i wear something bright blue my eyes change to a blueish tint but if i wear green they look for sure green...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You have gorgeous eyes, P! You are quite the handsome young man.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join