It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

Those are eyes or contacts?

I would say those eyes are stellar

I am not sure about rarity, but I can say from experience that I have not seen many people with as nice of eyes as the ones that have been posted here.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Our eyes are very similar!

My green is a tad more blue then yours, and my orange ring is a tad more yellow, but quite close!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Melanin! That's what I was forgetting.

Was I correct that all eyes were originally brown? And green eyes are a further 'mutation' of blue? I think that's what I remember reading from an old ATS thread anyways.

So since it's melanin, does that give credence to the idea that eyes change colors during different seasons?

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thanks
I think they are amber or light brown...I think that with the contrast of my hair color and skin tone is what really makes the eye color pop-out.

I always thought green eyes and ice-blue eyes were the most exotic and beautiful!

As for albino's...You are right, albino's can have pink/redish eyes, but sometimes if they have a pale blue pigment in the iris, then they appear violet:

www.albinism.org...

A common myth is that people with albinism have red eyes. In fact there are different types of albinism and the amount of pigment in the eyes varies. Although some individuals with albinism have reddish or violet eyes, most have blue eyes. Some have hazel or brown eyes.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I should know this, since I am a biologist...shame on me. I will have to look it up. It is an interesting idea however, that perhaps, just like our skin, the melanin in our eyes lightens and darkens depending on the amount UV exposure.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know if I but that inly 1-2% has Green eyes. Several people in thi thread have already stated they have Green eyes. I also have green eyes with Very dark brown hair. They were hazel when I was younger but have changed into Green as I got into my mid 20's.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by PeruvianNT]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Another green set here!

Blonde/green eyed as a child.

Only my hair has turned brownish as I've become an adult.

My parents eyes..... blue and hazel.

Let me make my first attempt at posting a picture...if it comes up.... it's a family picture from about 5 years ago! But I thought I'd post this one, cause everyone says my eyes stand out in it..... (they stand out, cause everyone else in my family has BROWN eyes!)

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have green eyes and they appear even greener if I wear green.

My natural hair colour is dark brown and I have Irish/English heritage.

My father has green eyes, my mother and three brothers have blue eyes.

My husband has the most amazing blue eyes...like a clear blue sky. (He is German) A friend once commented that she could not look at him as his eyes seemed to bore into her very being. Our three sons all have blue eyes.

just sharing

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I should know this, since I am a biologist...shame on me. I will have to look it up. It is an interesting idea however, that perhaps, just like our skin, the melanin in our eyes lightens and darkens depending on the amount UV exposure.

Aww so kinda of like what makes people dark or pasty like me huh? lol

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I always loved green eyes and always wished i had green eyes. The guy i fancied most had green eyes and tanned skin. I love green eyes on tanned people.

Im from slavic background both my sides of my family have green or blue eyes except my parents were the only siblings with brown eyes. So i have a green ring around the outside of my brown eyes and my dads has gone hazel.
I read when you eyes get lighter as you get older is a sign of poor diet. Which is probably why raw foodists eyes go back to being big and full of colour.

If you have black spots or different colours in your eyes and they tend to be small you have a poor diet.

www.rawpaleodiet.org...

[edit on 7-10-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I conducted a little experiment with the effects of UV Rays and melanin in the iris. Unfortunatly the light on my camera seems to not have been completely on my face the second picture, but I think it still shows slight change.

added contrast to show a greater difference

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You know I always thought I had green eyes but looking at this post Im not sure anymore lol......... here is a couple pics what do you all think?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

dude... wtf wrong with your skin around your eyes????
omg freddy krueger's on ats?!?? arrrrghhhh

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My girlfriend came from Scotland her whole family has green eyes, maybe its a thing of the vikings...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My oldest son has green eyes but has light brown hair,I was born with blonde hair now it's turned white lol

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hi,

Just thought i would add to this, me and my brother are 14 months apart we have the same mother/father and both of us have dark thick hair (prolly from our italian roots) both of us were born with very bright blue eyes however near teens my brothers changed to a aqua greeny colour and sumtimes very rarely look blue in certain angles of light...but they not blue...they always green normally

i not sure why they changed but the pics of us as a toddlers definetly backs what i am saying. my eyes are very blue and have no indication of changing.

hope this helps....we aussie's too, not sure if that has anything to do with anything. lol

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Definetly not true. My husband is brown hair brown eyes, I'm brown hair brown eyes, and we have a blonde hair blue eyed 7 year old.

All that is needed is 2 recessive genes. She got 1 of each from both of us.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

what my eye color looks like in the sunlight on that particular day. sometimes it's more blue sometimes more green.

this is what they look like indoors.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Very pretty aqua blue color. My sister in law has a similar eye color. My brother though has ice blue eyes. extremely light, like a huskey dog.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

wow sounds nice!

i love huskies

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join