It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Okay here's a picture of my eye color.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Me personally?

My father has green eyes and my mother has blue eyes.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

me too only one with green eyes apart from 1 of my aunties but no one in my family as far back as i know have brown eyes,

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
while i don't have red or blonde hair, in fact I have dark brown hair, my eyes have been taking a turn for the green in the last couple of years.

i was born with intense blue eyes but now the color is much more difficult to define.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You have a very pretty shade of green!!! Mine are a dark green, like an army green. And when I cry, they even become a deeper green.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Well, I think they are passed down.
My mom has green eyes. I have green eyes, my daughter has green eyes and her father has green eyes

[edit on 10/5/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ok this is very interesting tread,especially for the green eyed like me
,i have dark green eyes,when i cry they become bright green,and in some photos i notice little yellow.Since two years ago my hair color got very strong red pigment that can not be covered by any hair due although i havent really tried,im 20 now.So green eyes(both of my parents have them) and reddish hair,but i have darker skin tone,and what is most remarkable from my fathers side of the family is that they all got very big lips including me,that are not common in the Caucasian race.Im from Macedonia and here very different ethnicities have intermixed trough the centuries.I am Caucasian but i dont look european at all.Any answers?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree with an earlier poster, it's a mutation of the blue eye I believe...

If I remember correctly all eyes were originally brown. Subsequent colors are mutations. Could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've been told many times that I have very unusual eyes. The are very green with dark green flecks and dark green rimmed. My hair was snow white until I was 5 then turned to dirty blond.

My dad had dark brown eyes and my mom had beautiful blue eyes and blond hair.

I like being different so my eyes suit me well.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have green eyes, with a fiery/orange colour around them.
have been told they are very different.

Glad there are some fellow green-eyes out there

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is interesting. Seems to say that blue eyes are a mutation, with one single ancestor, whereas, eyes can range from brown to green without the mutation.

What Made Brown Eyes Blue??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And, another article about the same subject:

Blue eyes are a recessive trait, and the gene must be inherited from both parents. (Green eyes involve a related but different gene, one that is recessive to brown but dominant to blue.)

Source

[edit on 10/5/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I have green eyes, with a fiery/orange colour around them.
have been told they are very different.

Time to post a photo here

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My siblings and father have true green eyes, and were all blond haired when younger. My mother has blue eyes. My kids all have icy blue eyes, like their father, and blond, except one of my kids has dark hair and skin - but still has the icy blue eyes.

I'm blond haired and my eyes are completely different than everyone in my family, they're grey.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Talk about freak genetics, I'm Indian (ie from India) I have green eyes with orange color around the pupil.......freaky right. My grandfather who also happens to be an Indian had greyish blue eyes. Wonder were that came from??

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Will do, but it's pretty dark and pretty late, so tomorrow i will try.

My eyes hurt from my flash blinding me

[edit on 5/10/08 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i can't upload pics yet but here's a link to my eyeballs

i330.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Wow, awesome eyes

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thank you, thank you, wait...
i really had nothing to do with gettin them (that i know of)

thanks mom & dad

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Funny that this thread was made...

My mom is a natural red head and has green eyes, while my father is brown haired with blue eyes...

When I was a kid my hair was all blonde and my eyes were blue...after i'd say about 8 or 9 my hair turned brown and my eyes tured green but they change color often...

Such as...they have a tendency to change to grey when it rains outside...when i get really angry they change a very light green...when I'm happy they change to a more of a darker green/hazel..i swear my eyes are like mood rings...

Question though...how is it i was blonde/blue eyes when i was young and now (older) brown haired/green eyes?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join