It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do green eyes come from?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Faerygirl1984

My Dad was born in Budapest too.

And since everyone else has been I will follow the trend and post my eye color...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Interesting subject. I've always wondered why I'm the only one in my family with brown/green eyes and everyone else has blue eyes. Maybe I'm adopted and they haven't got around to telling me yet.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is really interesting
One family has a knack of changing colors. Parents were both deep blue eyed, mother (german) father turned to greenish blue. His father brown eyes (sicilian), mother bright blue(irish). Two kids have regular blue, one blue to greenish and the last blue that changed to greenish and now very pale blue or green depending on light. one grandchild had bluish green eyes that went to brown as adult, parents bluegreen and hazel grey (no chance of a wrong parent). Same with hair, two blondes turned to light brown and the father was dirty blond as a child and later turned dark brown. Also his hair went from straight as a child to curly as adult. One of his children went from straight hair to curly after age five. The Mother was yellow blonde as a child and went to light brown, auburn then dirty blonde. The mother is all german with a chance of some french in the past, the father mainly irish and Sicilian with an outside chance of ethiopian from 1700's. From what I have read about genetics and such the genes only set a foundation, but many things within the body can influence how they express themselves (what kind of genes and how they interact or dominate, body chemistry, diet, disease, injury, medication and drug use) The more I find out about this the more fascinating it is to learn about people and watch the wonderful interplay of these things on their faces.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by deepvoid]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have pure green eyes, though when I was younger, they always changed from green to hazel.

They still change with weather and mood, though not as severely.

Only a year ago, someone met me.

This year, when we were talking on the phone, the subject of colour came up, then colour of hair, then colour of eyes. He said he remembers my blue eyes.

I have green eyes don't I?

I do. They just change. And that is what is so special and rare about green eyes.

I think they're sexy too!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

i too have green eyes with a blue rim my eyes are very green with just a little yellow in them

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I myself have green eyes with dark brown hair but my beard comes in RED

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc
In the middle east, you find quite a few green-eyed people. My grandmother for example, is Iranian, has blonde hair and pale green eyes, all her 6 siblings are the same way too, as were both her parents.

She married a brown eyed/black haired man, and my father ended up with black hair and grass green eyes. My mother has brown hair and brown eyes, and my younger sister ended up with green/hazel eyes.

So, not to steer the topic...what is your take on amber eyes? Like a yellow-orange-gold color?

My eyes are that color, but I get lumped into the brown-eyed category...I believe amber eyes are as rare, if not rarer than green eyes, and probably violet eyes are the rarest (Albino's). I don't have a source for that, it is just something I heard. Anyone have any ideas about that?

Yay! I have a similar color, and my sisters are almost yellow. You are right- they are technically in the brown category but I dont see them that often. Yours are great!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Interesting about the yellow brown eyes. A friend has eyes of a similar colour; light brown somewhat like coffee with cream and a touch on the yellow side. He is a mix of mostly portuguese (mainland and cape verdian) with some englisha nd american indian. His skin is medium to dark, hair nearly black. Killer eyes! A rare and beautiful colour to cherish.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's interesting when you think about it. Green eyes have three common locations, one is in the UK specifically Scotland, Ireland and Wales which is commonly coupled with red hair or brown hair (I believe these are the prevailing colours in the UK)

They also appear in Germanic countries especially Germany itself (here the green eyes are commonly coupled with blonde hair, which is again the prevailing hair colour)

And lastly it occurs quite often in the Pakistan area where it is again coupled with red hair.

All these locations are likely to have had a single common ancestor (as is the theory with blue eyes) a single mutation that occured along the lines. It was probably in the Germanic region if truth be told as the UK was later invaded by these people. it probably came from there.
Of course this is all theory.
I myself have black hair and green eyes which doesn't seem to occur to often. The only other person in the family to have them was my great grandfather who also had black hair and green eyes, his line could be traced back to dutch origins. So my theory is that green eyes occured in the germanic region which would have allowed them to spread in either direction.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Since everyone else is doing it I thought I would include my eye colour.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
dark brown (almost black) hair and bright green (not hazel, definitely green) eyes.

They really do shift in color, im not saying that, people notice it. One day they are florescent green and the next they shade towards grey or hazel.

EDIT: I am germanic (14 letter last name, ends in schlager haha)

[edit on 8-12-2008 by retroviralsounds]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's kind of funny, really; Once I came across the thread, I decided to finally join this site. Genetics has always been something of a passion for me.

Most of the green eyes featured in this thread have been more of the blue-green demographic, eh? Turquoise and whatnot. I figured I might as well post a couple of my own, considering I sit in the yellow-green area, and I thought you might find them interesting. They're a bit of a strange colour, I won't lie- not brown at all, not really a hazel, but not a really bright green. I'm not sure if they really qualify as 'true green'.

Both taken in natural lighting.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Even though I would consider my eyes more on the hazel spectrum, they do change with mood, weather and clothing and look VERY pure green at times. I will try to include a couple of pictures for your discrimination.

My Mom is of German/Dutch descent and has very pale gray/blue eyes and my Father is of American Indian/Polish descent and has very dark brown eyes.

Forgive me for inserting links, but I can't figure out how to post the pictures directly on here.

tinypic.com...

tinypic.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

i also have green eyes and a dark blue rim, they are not bright green but a murky green and they sometimes change to murky blue/grey. but my eyes were bright blue until 3rd grade.... then they changed green but now they are starting to get some yellow and brown in them so i hope they dont change hazel.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
i have brown eyes as in they are yellowy browny... When my pupils go really small because of the light the bit closet to the pupil is brown and goes out to be green a bit... You can't actually see this from far away. Yesterday I was watching a movie and I cried a lot hehe. I then went to see ho red I was and I noticed my eyes were REALLY green. I was soo excited becase I always wated to have green eyes but they dont last very long...

CONCLUSION- Cry more often ;p

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
well im Irish and have very prounouced green eyes and very dark dark brown hair so do all my dads family.
My mum has strawberry blonde hair and very icy blue eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Whaaa?
It seems like it's the common opinion that green eyes go with red hair but I know a lot of redheads and none with green eyes... and I know a couple brunettes who have greenish eyes.

Genetics... how funny.

[edit on 7/1/09 by xhorrorgasmx]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i used to have sky blue eyes but when i turned two, my eyes changed to green. my mom has blue eyes and my dad has green eyes. now i have grene eyes but with a hint of blue mixed in. so i suppose i have a mix of both now.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I was adopted. No clue at all of my past. Three weeks ago I was watching a Lorenna McKennit concert (DVD, Celtic style music). She could have been my sister, same color skin tone, eyes and hair. I realized then that red hair and green eyes might be a link, so I headed for the web. That's how I got here. HELLO!

Of all of the research I've done, this one stuck out, it say's, fair skin, red hair and green eyes go's back to the Celtic British Isles. predominately Ireland. A further report said (something to the effect of...)a European DNA test was done on green eyed redheads and found that ALL of them had more than normal of the same red/green genes irregardless of current location, (of course, there are always exceptions) that directly date back the ancients. The genes can skip a generation or two.

[DNA info from some kind of "Official" Children's Research Org.](no, I didn't keep a link, I'm trying to find it again)

I'm kinda liking this... I hope there right, I may not know my family tree, but at least I have something to hang on to.

KISS ME, I'M IRISH!!!

neil

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Same with me and my brother. Our eyes turned green and my hair turned to copperish blonde.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join