It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reinhardt predicts WW3!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Confused? Hardly. Well learned on the laws of armed conflict and international rules of war? Yes, I'm a veteran.

Fight them face to face? SURE!!!! Ask any Marine or Army soldier. Too bad they won't present themselves for combat, nor will they wear distinguishable uniforms. (war crimes)

Secondly, dropping bombs saves US soldiers lives. That's the point of making technological advances... to minimize our soldiers casualties.

It's quite pathetic actually, grown men would dress like civilians, hid behind women and children to fight. How low of a human being would one have to be to do this??? It's unfathomable to a veteran.

But I clearly see why it's such a powerful tool of propaganda:

Look, dem solderz iz killin civilianz!!!

[edit on 7-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Everyone else thinks that you're beligerent, war mongering, nazis, & that really you're not interested in bringing "freedom" to the rest of the World, but like Adolfs lot want to steal all of the goodies for yourselves. You can't bully the rest of the World into liking you, question is why do you need to? Have 5.5 Billion people got it wrong, or is it you lot that have been watching too much YEEHAW tv?

Are you an Alien? Bullying the rest of the world is the way things have always been done. The US is no different than any other empire that comes and goes on Planet Weasel. The "rest of the world" may not like fearing __________ put whatever is the flavor of the day empire in the blank space.... but nothing is going to change. Or, are you praying for the Kingdom of God to be established on Earth as it is in Heaven? I didn't think so. Take your place in the pecking order and quit bitching. If your nation got the chance to rule and "bully" the world, all the foreign whiners in this thread would be snickering like Cheney & Bush. Dem's da' rules!

P.S. Stop with the nitpicking over posts that quote from Movies or TV. Those are common touch points that many have experienced and are therefore useful in establishing a quick point in an argument. If it works.... go for it. Or... are you an Agent Smith?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Power-Semi,

P.S. you might not be aware of this, but it is a war crime and a violation of the Geneva Conventions to intermingle with the civilian populace.

When we bomb cowardly military targets that have decided to hide behind innocent women and children the blood for those deaths is on those terrorists who chose to violate the basic tenants of class and honor.

Save your propaganda. Sure, sometimes mistakes are made, it's unavoidable, but don't for a SECOND think that these dogs fight like honorable men.

Thats very wierd that you speak of war crimes when America deemed it necassary to tourture in modern times. Your a christian right? If somebody hurts your family then goes and hides behind an innocent child. Do you shoot both of them in the head? Now this may be extreme, but it is a situation that occurs in Iraq or Aphgan. If your answer is yes, then dont believe for a second that it is fighting like a honorable man. America killing civilians is just as dishonorable as hiding behind them.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by headintheclouds]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by headintheclouds

When you are at war, you MUST take out enemy targets. You cannot let your enemies know that all they have to do is fire a weapon, then grab the nearest woman to hid behind.

You cannot allow the enemy to place weapons on the roofs of hospitals.

These are war crimes, it's disgusting. Do we do this in America? No, that's absurd.

War is unfortunate, we'd all like to have disputes settled by men in suits with handshakes, but the REALITY of life is that sometimes conflicts erupt.

Sometimes enemies are so evil they MUST be faced militarily. (Hitler) (Saddam)

Sometimes people like this can NEVER be bargained with, or appeased diplomatically. Now, with that truth, the laws of international armed conflict REQUIRE all military targets to be away from civilian areas, they REQUIRE those engaged in a conflict to have identifiable clothing separating themselves from the civilian populace. Sadly, not everyone fights with honor, it's been the case since human history.

The blood for innocent life falls on the men or armies committing the war crimes, not the ones who are targeting enemies that are taking up arms against them.

It's simple, a man can fight with dignity and honor, or they can hide in the civilian populace. To me that's disgusting, and if one of our servicemembers did such I'd be equally disgusted and appalled.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
WW III?

OK, but how are the troops going to be payed?

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This conversation is for another thread. So, I wont talk about it anymore. But, I just will state that the laws of international armed conflict do not typically apply to rebels or insurgents or terrorists and so on, and it was clear that we would not be facing an iraqi army, so maybe different strategies and tactics should have been applied knowing that they would not fight honorably. But, otherwise I do understand where you are coming from, and I have been through this argument plenty of times. I agree with you in many ways.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I'm sorry but where on that link does it say anything about WWIII? I just see some pictures. Where are we supposed to go on his site? I hate having to look all over for this stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by headintheclouds

It's simple, a man can fight with dignity and honor, or they can hide in the civilian populace. To me that's disgusting, and if one of our servicemembers did such I'd be equally disgusted and appalled.

That is a very interesting point. I do want to ask you a question though, and please in no way do I support this, I am only making a hypothetical argument here. What if the people your fighting are vastly supperior to you in force. Would it be justifiable then to use say a hospital to hide weapons if you knew the force attacking you would be reluctant to bomb that hospital?

Just really try to put yourself in the other person's shoes... its tough! If you can't win by force you would probably do whatever is neccessary in order to win... which in and of itself is a scary thought, but I think we are seeing more and more of this type of fighting.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ConMi27

You know what kills me the most is that there are so many unaware people out there whom have no idea that any of this is going around their very own heads.

This is very typical. My daughter who lives in LA says that the response she is getting is that most know something is happening but would rather stay in denial. They don't want to know!!

My other daughter doesn't want to hear anything and she feels "we" obsess over what is going on too much. Of course, I barely mention anything to her as I know she is more comfortable living with blinders. It is interesting that she feels this way with limited insight from me.

As unpleasant as it is, I always say; people would rather - eat, sleep, procreate and defecate than face realities!!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingwoody

Don't worry, the bad guy will always be the loser. Therefore, only if the US loses will they be portrayed as the bad guy. We all know that it is the 'winner' that writes the official version of history.

Anonymous.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

When you are at war, you MUST take out enemy targets. You cannot let your enemies know that all they have to do is fire a weapon, then grab the nearest woman to hid behind.

You cannot allow the enemy to place weapons on the roofs of hospitals.

These are war crimes, it's disgusting. Do we do this in America? No, that's absurd.

War is unfortunate, we'd all like to have disputes settled by men in suits with handshakes, but the REALITY of life is that sometimes conflicts erupt.

Sometimes enemies are so evil they MUST be faced militarily. (Hitler) (Saddam)

Sometimes people like this can NEVER be bargained with, or appeased diplomatically. Now, with that truth, the laws of international armed conflict REQUIRE all military targets to be away from civilian areas, they REQUIRE those engaged in a conflict to have identifiable clothing separating themselves from the civilian populace. Sadly, not everyone fights with honor, it's been the case since human history.

The blood for innocent life falls on the men or armies committing the war crimes, not the ones who are targeting enemies that are taking up arms against them.

Your opinion is what's disgusting. If we the people rise against our leaders and have to fight our brainwashed military we wont have uniforms. Wait a sec, yeah I just checked, no uniform.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by TylerKing]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by TylerKing]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i completely agree. corrrupt politican and coprorations ARE the enemies of the republic. F them. lets make it happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

unfortunately you missed it, Reinhardt constantly deletes his stuff to make way for new predictions and suggestions.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I'm sorry but where on that link does it say anything about WWIII? I just see some pictures. Where are we supposed to go on his site? I hate having to look all over for this stuff.

You can find the original text somewhere at the beginning of this thread. Not sure what page thou. Although, the way this thread is going you might not really want to participate any more.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyvillguy
WW III?

OK, but how are the troops going to be payed?

Good Luck!

yeah good luck in trying to work that one out. And by the time you figure it out it'll probably too late. Lol i think you need to retrace your steps and learn how the economy works.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nothing is as critical as the biggest secret in the world as the
Tesla Laws that govern the universe as the Maxwell Laws
governed technology in the 20th century.

Development under the powerful Laws of Tesla caused the wars.

One reason why I say this is that Tesla developments are still secret
and money is spent to keep them secret.

Once there is development...here lets say this: if IRAN started developing
Tesla technology it would be run over and quicker into war than if it had
an atomic bomb and ICBMs.

A bombs kill the target but release of Tesla technology will kill
the A bomb sender such as the non Islamic world or the industrialized
nations signing a treaty in 1955 to keep the technology secret.

Apparently this secret is the biggest motivation in binding the
world nations together... its Globalized under the Laws of Tesla.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by headintheclouds

Power-Semi,

P.S. you might not be aware of this, but it is a war crime and a violation of the Geneva Conventions to intermingle with the civilian populace.

When we bomb cowardly military targets that have decided to hide behind innocent women and children the blood for those deaths is on those terrorists who chose to violate the basic tenants of class and honor.

Save your propaganda. Sure, sometimes mistakes are made, it's unavoidable, but don't for a SECOND think that these dogs fight like honorable men.

Thats very wierd that you speak of war crimes when America deemed it necassary to tourture in modern times. Your a christian right? If somebody hurts your family then goes and hides behind an innocent child. Do you shoot both of them in the head? Now this may be extreme, but it is a situation that occurs in Iraq or Aphgan. If your answer is yes, then dont believe for a second that it is fighting like a honorable man. America killing civilians is just as dishonorable as hiding behind them.

Mr. Clouds...you obviously have never been in an armed conflict...or planned missions...or anything related to that...I have...I have planned strike missions...seen the hoops that the US Military go through NOT to hit civilian targets...have been denied permission to strike targets because they were too close to a civilian hospital or mosque or other religious/cultural icon...but to back up what notyourtypical stated...it is indeed... A) A War Crime... B) The Geneva Convention DOES allow the striking of said targets IF the enemy has placed weapons or other war making material in or around those targets ORRR fights from said hospital, etc... C) I know for FACT that we have dis-engaged from enemy combatants when they have entered these areas or go into dense civilian areas...D) As for the "Torture" of Abu Gharib (sp) I was treated worse during my pledge for my frat in college than those guys were...Have we water boarded?? Yes..we have...but actually put bamboo spikes under someones fingernails or broken their shoulders or arms or ANYTHING like that???? NO!!! Which is ALOT better than getting beheaded (Which is ALSO against the Geneva Convention...or did you forget about those guys and ladies?) We could've laid waste to Iraq without question and moved on...instead we went in...got rid of a BRUTAL dictator and are restoring that once proud nation to hopefully, the pearl it was BEFORE Saddam, when it was a cultural center of the world, especiall on the archeology front...speaking of that, also did you know (Probably not) that when the US invaded, one of the TOP priorities was to get to the museums and secure them so looting didn't take place??? Unfortunately, they didn't get to alot of the items in time, but they did catch a few of the buggers that were doing it and handed them over to the Iraqis for prosecution (I don't believe those individuals are with us anymore, but could be wrong on that count) Moral of the story??? We ARE NOT the bad guys here, as you and your kind make us out to be...we DO try and fight with honor (Unlike the sniveling snakes who hide amongst the populace) But that's OK...their time is coming...and the reckoning will be dire...as US troops routinely hand those individuals over to the Iraqi police ( NOT a fun place to be if you are a terrorist sniveling on the floor)

[edit on 7-10-2008 by PlaneIP]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i agree completely with above poster,
except for Iraq being a Pearl before Saddam.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

What if the people your fighting are vastly supperior to you in force.

No my friend, that is always wrong. And America already faced a foe vastly superior than us.

The Revolutionary War

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing

Your opinion is what's disgusting. If we the people rise against our leaders and have to fight our brainwashed military we wont have uniforms. Wait a sec, yeah I just checked, no uniform.

LOL @ my "opinion". It's called the Geneva Conventions. I wasn't at them when the wording was agreed upon, nor was I at any of them when they were signed.

You have a moot point, borderline appeal to emotion. You're correct, you may not have a uniform, but the point of this particular debate is intermingling with civilians, so, uniform or not, you'll be a cowardly disgrace if you hide amongst the civilians not waging war if you fight against the government. And if Uncle Sam bombs your house and kills your family, it'll be your fault for firing from the 2nd floor window.

It's interesting you bring up the word "opinion".

Your OPINIONS do NOT change International Law.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by NOTurTypical]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join