It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Who's Going to Join the Zeitgeist Movement??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No.

But I promise that they will one day join mine

Muhahaha.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
im also trying to boycott television news but whats a gud news site on the internet that reliable??

Try Democracy Now!. It has a lot of news you would see on television anyway.
And obviously InfoWars if you can stand Alex Jones. Maybe The Huffington Post also.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by Shocka]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Not sure yet. I did agree with a lot of the points in the film but I will reserve judgment based on what the website has to say once it is up. I am really iffy on the "Project Venus." It reeks of cult.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I will be following this very closely and will be there with my hand up if they need people to help build or bring this about in some way.

In all honesty I think deep down a large majority of the population of the planet already know that the system is no good but just feel powerless to do anything due to the control that has built up since the end of the world wars. I hope the message from this movie and the coming website opens some more eye's and give people some confidence to make a change.

Does any one have any suggestions on how I can incorporate those 7 things into my life bieng down here in NSW Australia

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Project Venus ultimately is erroneous to the message of the movie. This project was just an alternative idea to our current system. Just another Utopian concept. Nothing more, nothing less. None of that changes the overall intent of the film, which was a continuation of the first one.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I am someone who sees this film with great optimism. I see it as the right thing at the right time. In my opinion it couldnt have happened earlier in human history because the technology wasnt available. Now that information is so freely distributable (internet) It makes it much easier for a regular person to rival the publicity of large wealthy ad campaigns.

Thats what makes this whole thing so interested, is that its making us question all the teachings that were drilled into our heads in school, church etc.

I will definitely be visiting the site on Oct. 10 and from there I will decide on what, if anything I can do next.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I enjoyed the Addendum very much and it clarified some things that I allready knew were there.

The one thing you must take away from this is not The Venus Project (which is great) but that the only true way to be happy is to help your fellow man.

Tomorrow when I walk outside I'm gonna to try to help someone...... anyone.... I hope others do the same

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i am curious about it now, the propositions by the venus project are highly cogent, as are their basic assumptions. I want to see the proposals, and if good, turn this into a true international and dynamic movement full of idealism and intellectual dialogue. Im enthusiastic about it

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is a part of the Illuminati. This is a plan for the 20% that are remaining after the 90% less desirable have been eliminated. They want a different world than they let us have. The Venus Project is not for you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The problem for me is that I work in oil refineries, so boycotting energy companies is impossible without financial repercussions. Given that money has no real inherent value, maybe I shouldn't care. Anyways I love the ideas presented in this film. I wonder if "Joining the movement" will require my credit card information??

Everybody should see this film.

edited to add:
Sorry, did I say "I work in oil refineries". What I meant was "I am a slave in oil refineries".

[edit on 6-10-2008 by red_leader]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
All i have to say is that if this group ever asks for a single dollar from anyone everything they have said will have been a complete waist of time.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

me 4 sure i stumbled across this yesterday the film or woz it a guidance not really sure on that but i do know that all this stuff is inline with my own way of thinking and has been for a long time about life as we are told and supposed to know it !!!!!!!!!!!! and if somthing is not done we will all suffer inevitably wenever that time may be !!!!!!! and i do also believe that as humans we all have the capability to be able to think outside the box and wake up and relize at what iz really goin on out there in the world and be able to do somthing about it and i really believe that this is only the tip of the iceberg of what we are only supposed to percieve and be told and understand about life. There is a hell of a long way to go Years Decades Centeries Who knows but it can be done or should that be has to be done !!!!!!!!!! and thankyou to everyone who reads and listerns and i look forward to bieng able to play a part in changing our futures with you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
having read the forum some are sceptical as to the potential success of the zeitgeist movement. To that i say collecting enlightened people and those in search of answers can only produce more open minded, better informed people. Whether Zeitgeist is 100% correct is not important, and even those challenging it are aiding our search for education and understanding.

This movement is not going to solve things all by itself, but further education and an increase towards critical mass is a success in my eyes and therefore I will be joining.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by red_leader

Be strong and keep mind clear. Those should be things what could help in thinking. Right now im in samekind situation but different kind, but if we really change earth way really this year, everyones life will change to more better. Those too who now living outside at the streets waiting at someone drop coin to food. They don't know yet (Only someone of them know) at this system has maked them to go living streets, this system maked them to leave outside from warm house, this system, this one system. Only ones understand how system works. Only we ones care about these important things. Ones is not only ones, ones are many different people from the earth. Ok, i started again talking little, but keep mind clear, that's best weapon to thinking and solving things.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

whether we like it or not, not everyone is educated or open minded enough to understand what the zeitgeist ideas are all about. hence, thouse who are capable of understanding have the duty to present the ideas to them. and convincing others of an idea is not forcing. as a matter of fact you are right when you say that forcing people into believeing would not work. but we must promot the idea you cannot simply wait for something to happen.
so, basically the movement shoud simply be about informing and educating people to find out the truth for them selfs. and of course, once you are convinced of the ideas you should try not to support the old system in any way.

in addition i would like to say, that when i say i am going to join the movement i simply intend to inform others and evaluate every single claim of the movement for myself. i will definatly not become an instrument for anyone or anything. but i will try to be one of many voices.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Not convinced by this

sensationalist

horribly non-sourced

untrue

and irrational garbage.

Zeitgeist is a scam to scare you using half truths and spooky quotes.

People, stop trusting the internet so much as a magic friend full of wisdom.

Its fuller of BS than anything and none of us are the "chosen few" who know "where to look" for "truth".

There's some neat stuff to learn out there but stop scaring yourself and convincing yourself that your paranoia is actually a search for truth.

This obviously does not apply to everyone, by any means. But some of these conversations are so unintelligent and they state these foolish and delusional allegations and call it open mindedness and everyone else sheeple for not buying into pseudoscience/economics. Then they bash Christians and Jews for taking things on faith while they themselves are taking more on faith, things more outlandish and fantastic than the idea of an almighty God. Hypocrites...

I need to brush my teeth.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

I just watched it last night.

Before I ever seen or heard of the venus project, and the subjects discussed in the documentary......I've already been onboard with many of the ideals - geothermal energy, technology to HELP humans live a better life....etc etc....

I AM rather leary that there is some cult like aspects to this though. There is SOMETHING here that niggles at me that all is NOT what it appears to be.

I think its really imperative that the 'facts' stated in BOTH zeitgeist documentarys be checked out by the individuals who've watched them, and really find out for ourselves whether or not what has been stated IS true.

I'd really hate to be living as a sheep in our current society, only to be caged in deeper in another.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I will join this movement, we need to come to gether and revolt to the money masters! Kapitalism is destroying the planet!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh folks, be careful - now it´s revolutionary, and tomorrow it could be the next oppressing system.

I have liked the movies
I have not believed all of it
I do ask more questions since the movies
I try to keep my eyes and ears open

So, seems it did have an effect for me.
I will have a look at the "movement", but joining I don´t know yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join