It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Who's Going to Join the Zeitgeist Movement??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hydroponics saves the land for other purposes, and so people can farm inside buildings much more efficiently...

Maybe the first step is a medical teaching farm open to everyone using hydroponics for food distribution and renewble solar, biogas energy?

People need to feel safe.
Of course, we need volunteer docs and the meds... but thats another problem! hehe

The more i think, the more gets utopian!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
hydroponics saves the land for other purposes, and so people can farm inside buildings much more efficiently...

Maybe the first step is a medical teaching farm open to everyone using hydroponics for food distribution and renewble solar, biogas energy?

People need to feel safe.
Of course, we need volunteer docs and the meds... but thats another problem! hehe

The more i think, the more gets utopian!

Since the zeitgest movement is not a cult there might be Doctors who would join Zeitgest communities. There are plenty of Doctors who would like to tell the(new) world (order) to go to Hell. A herbalist or an apothecary could grow medicines. Good research might come of a few Zeitgest communes.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Good. I have my theories too. The thing is: should I discuss them with people open to any idea or should I discuss them with organized religion?
Religion presents an static spirituality not open to discusion. To properly study human spirituality you can't be static. You need to be open to any idea.
Let's get rid of this society that only generates unhappiness worldwide, so we can talk, and think, and finaly be the owners of our lives.

I'm totaly in.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
For me, ZG:A is a masterpiece, if you join this with 'Politics of fear' and 'The Corporation' it really shows off the dirt we are into.

I read all posts... God, so much info....

Anyway, its being stressed out that:

1) the movement is of areweness;
2) the movement is to outgrow the resource-based so average joe start asking why he pays taxes when 'the others' can live for free;
3) the social actions proposed in ZG:A will start a chain reaction of larger and thus emerging events; (part of the undestanding of our complexity);

The text of the movement is very compelling, and NOT towards a cult.

The first problems will arrive in the beginning of any Venus project clone done anywhere in the world:

P1) Unfortunaly, there is land tax to pay
-Start processing biogas from near town dump, this will get you fuel to sell and pay the taxes, and get any machine to work FOR YOU free (the more dump the better)
-Start a solar system like raw-solar.com... to convert steam to energy. Get a storage presented in here www.nrel.gov...

P2) Unfortunaly, my soil is full of rocks/desert to grow anything
-Use hydroponics. Read about it to exaustion.

P3) Unfortunaly, my water supply is very low.
-Build tanks for rain water. Build a system that wastes minimal and filters water from everywhere;

P4) How people from the market will build our structures?
-They wont. My guess is we need minimum exchange with the market via energy and biogas exchange for materials (salt, concrete,metal).

P5) With a renewable power grid (solar, biogas), with enough food (hydropnics and small animals, wich can contribute to biogas), why people leave their homes with their CDs, DVDs, Movies and Games to live with you for free food, housing and volunteer work?
-They wont. Those are the last people to join or step in. What we need in the start its the think tank of people free of those things.

P6) What if I get sick?
-This is crucial. There must be a teaching hospital with the birth of the resource based economy. Withou it, no one will join.

Can everyone pinpoint all the problems and we discuss solutions?

PS: Im willing to try, because land here (brazil) is cheap.

[]´s

Ha, I posted this before joining the forum....

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hey all

I am all in for this.

I think the main blockers that we need to overcome are

1) This is not cult. We are choosing to transcend "superstitious" thinking which explins the world with "irrefutable" information rather than using logic to ascertain the truth.

2) I doubt that Peter Joseph or whatever the film-guy's name is expects that we'll follow him, preach his word and make him the new leader of the venus project. Quite contrarily, a person who makes a video like that does so only to make people aware of his conclusions. Thus, by trying to refute his claims do we, in fact, find more information supporting his claims.

3) Materialism. That is it. The biggest problem. I spend way too much time playing video games. My little brother spends more time than me and I have a full time job and I go to school full time. My generation ( the one currently coming of age) is way too sucked into its distractions and the generation after us? They are so mired down by poor morals that I have little hope for them. They will be the upholders of the status quo. No lie, their poor morality structure seems to perpetuate the mode of thinking that capitalism feeds on and is powered by. Of course, I live in Bucks county, one of the richest and most decadent counties in america... In Pennsylvania. I am going to start spreading this around. Especially in my community, cause at work?

Well at work there is no one under the age of 30 besides me... I am 22. I am a drafter and I believe this could work. Looking at the drive of its people, I know we are in for a heck of a ride and one wild finish.

And who ever it was that posted the lyrics from Imagine, I love you. That is one of my favorite songs and it got a tear from me at work. I am fully inspired by the drive here toward global equality and a emergent community based on intelligent thought. You should all be proud. Now let's go make some magic. I joined the movement, will you?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm not going to join, well, I will, after I make my own creation (music & film) to spread the word about the REAL truth!!!! - The film is good, but for example, as Alex Jones pointed out; It is not a matter of human greed!

I have to admit that I'm jealous of the film's success, & that the 'movement' is only advertising so peple will go & 'buy 20 copies' ... - When you should burn them , save money & therefore be able to make more copies!

I also have to admit that the ending was INCREDIBLE! - When those POSING people dropped their bags & cell phones ...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I already joined the Zeitgeist movement and i am happy about it. I think that all of us who want a better world must focus on the things that we have in common and not our differences. Throughout history, the power of those who exploit humanity lies exactly in the fact that they are united. In the mean time, the good and honest people are alone and powerless, unable to find each other and form strong bonds. "Divide and conquer"...that is what the rulers of the world are doing to us. Let's put an end to it. Let's start from somewhere, anywhere, and we will see where it will take us...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

Hey, try read zeitgeist movie website little more than just looking it 2 second and close it. Down there is "Dvd & downloads" section where they giving it "free" downloadable what you can copy and give to others "free".

Like they are saying this there:

"OFFICIAL ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM
TORRENT NOW AVAILABLE

PLEASE DOWNLOAD, BURN TO CD AND GIVE AWAY."

Just telling if you didn't know yet.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What happens to those who do not join the movement?. Those who Deny Ignorance?. What happens when they are the few left to fight the NWO system that they want?. Will they reprogram me?. Will they take away my children , cause I have to many?. Fight the Venus Project, its a scam for your mind. Tells you all good lies and brings you into there system. Sounds to good to be true?, yep it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zman
What happens to those who do not join the movement?. Those who Deny Ignorance?. What happens when they are the few left to fight the NWO system that they want?. Will they reprogram me?. Will they take away my children , cause I have to many?. Fight the Venus Project, its a scam for your mind. Tells you all good lies and brings you into there system. Sounds to good to be true?, yep it is.

It is the new world order you should fear not an underdog like the zeitgeist group.

The new world order wants to put you in your place. First they are destroying wealth using the dollar; then, they will destroy wealth using a one world currency. Finally, they will brand everyone they can with a verichip. Anyone, who gets the verichip will be enslaved forever.

The Zeitgeist people are right; people need to get off the grid. There are barter exchanges on the web. We would be safer if we had more convents ,communes ,and paid off mortgages.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Originally posted by zman

It is the new world order you should fear not an underdog like the zeitgeist group.

The new world order wants to put you in your place. First they are destroying wealth using the dollar; then, they will destroy wealth using a one world currency. Finally, they will brand everyone they can with a verichip. Anyone, who gets the verichip will be enslaved forever.

The Zeitgeist people are right; people need to get off the grid. There are barter exchanges on the web. We would be safer if we had more convents ,communes ,and paid off mortgages.

Wait destroying wealth, is not what the Venus Project does?. The Venus Project wants to put you they want you. Once you join and you are there, you are enslaved for life. Barter only works for those you can barter, again you leave the poor as an underclass. Better read the PDF file of the movie and really go step by step before you write anymore propaganda.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Honestly to me, it seems like we have several major hurdles to overcome with this one.

1) Zeitgeist is not a cult. it is not a nazi organization. The movie specifically decries religion as "intellectual materialism". Believing they want your soul is ridiculous.

2) It is non-profit. You may contribute money but you do not have to. This society is not one based on the traditional thoughts of control or money so everything zman has been stating is irrelevant. The idea is this : If you abolish money and work toward the creation of a resource-abundant, money-less society, then no one is trying to hack a living from anyone else, menial labor would be like... 2 - 3 hours for anyone who does it and there is no "great administrator" ruling the computers. The people monitor the computers' functioning do not control them, but make sure they don't stop working.

3) This guy is not a leader. None of them are. We are the leaders in our own communities, driving the world towqard a social change. Zeitgeist is just helping like-minded people to organize and focus the effort and The Veus Project is offering a peaceful solution to modern problems. They are not brainwashing people is not part of the agenda. That bit about them wanting to change people's perception simply means that if we continue down this path of thought, we will ultimately destroy ourselves.

4) It all depends on your level of commitment. If you want to sit back and ridicule us for having hope for a better future, go ahead. You lose nothing by staying where you are and we will reap what we sew, even if that ends up to be other than we thought it was. In the end, we tried and that is more than can be said for those who just said "it is not worth trying".

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

You need to learn more about modern barter; it is now web based anyone who can create wealth using the traditional paper driven system can create more wealth through an electronic barter system.

Many of the criticisms you are making against the Zeitgest group are also made against Catholicism and Buddhism.

I was impressed with the movies emphasis on creativity as a reward in and of itself.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
check this!!!

www.youtube.com...

this guy really predicted!

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
OH! Also I forgot to mention this website.

Alternet.org is a good alternative news source for those boycotting the popular news stations and sites.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zman

You seem quite mad about the Venus project to me, and you seem to love the zeitgeist but not being able to accept it.

Try to figure that after you clicked "submit my details" to the movement you'll get no aliens coming to your house and taking you to their worlds, and you'll be able to thrash their mails if you, after reading them, will find them worthless. Its too good to be true you say. I think its one of the most difficult goals the world has ever planned, and the world my friend is just made of people...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by zman

You need to learn more about modern barter; it is now web based anyone who can create wealth using the traditional paper driven system can create more wealth through an electronic barter system.

Many of the criticisms you are making against the Zeitgest group are also made against Catholicism and Buddhism.

I was impressed with the movies emphasis on creativity as a reward in and of itself.

Tell the homeless person who is livng in his car with his family. What does he have to barter with, and how is he going to go online?.
So you are telling me the movement is like a religion?. Please take your time and read and go step by step in the venus project. What freedom?.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePetrus
reply to post by zman

You seem quite mad about the Venus project to me, and you seem to love the zeitgeist but not being able to accept it.

Try to figure that after you clicked "submit my details" to the movement you'll get no aliens coming to your house and taking you to their worlds, and you'll be able to thrash their mails if you, after reading them, will find them worthless. Its too good to be true you say. I think its one of the most difficult goals the world has ever planned, and the world my friend is just made of people...

I am not mad about the Venus Project, just more informed than most. There has to be a better way, yes. But the Venus Project is not it, try with your local government, or is that to hard and to long of a time frame?. I did not even try to go to the web site to joing, as the orginal poster who made this thread we are on freak out. Now I asume you are a supporter of this and in your mind I can not change what you feel. Which is ok, cause we all agree to disagree, and that is why this project will never ever happen.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by zman]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zman

i also think you are quite mad about the starter of the thread having some responsibility over the movement....

[edit on 15-10-2008 by ThePetrus]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join