It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Who's Going to Join the Zeitgeist Movement??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would like to join the movement.

Although I live in a very small island full of religion and politics. The people here are more of accepting the way things are then doing something about it. This movement is very tough to stand up for.

I had a discussion with my dad about the war on terror and 9/11 before. He just can't at least accept the possibility of what I was saying. He sees America as a savior to the world, since our island was liberated from the Japanese in WWII.
We went in circles with our discussion and I wouldn't want to start any that would destroy our relationship. Knowing this truth is hard to keep up with when everyone around you is just used to living a life in happiness. Again we are a small island and nothing tragic happens here. Just to mention, the majority here are stubborn and closed minded. Even though they praise god, not even god will open their eyes. They are very blind.

How do I stand up to this?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
to be honest without even trying i do 5 out of 6 of those things involuntarily anyways. My buddy is trying to create his own energy sources so ill see how dat goes

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shocka

It would seem a lot of people are ready for change but there are a few things about the Zeitgeist Movement and the Venus Project that worry me.
How do you get rid of "The Power Elite?" I mean, they are not going to turn into good guys all of a sudden and hand over their control of every thing are they? Unless of course they are already behind the movement and it's the next stage in their agenda. And Are "the power elite" really motivated by profits or is it power. And how does anyone know that it's not The power elite that's behind Zeitgeist and Venus? They are using the same age old symbols and astrological designs used by The power Elite since cities began. When looking at the show case picture of The Venus project, the one with the dome in the middle and all the roads leading out from the centre, I'm immediately reminded of St Peters in Rome and it's astrological layout. Sadly most of the arguments against Christianity are based on the paganized controlling version of it represented by Rome.
The idea that scarcity, real or created, causes wars and crime sounds good to begin with until you think about all the rich criminals who never get caught. The ones who sell arms, manipulate peoples and nations. and create wars, but live in luxury themselves. It's not scarcity that makes them criminal. They've got plenty.
I haven't been able to find a single word against Jacques Fresco on the internet, which is odd I think. He seems like a very nice man and very clever but living in one of his cities would be my idea of living in an Orwellian, Brave New, Stepford. I mean living in a little plastic pod half way up a tower would be a sure fire way to turn me into a complete neurotic. And who gets the pod type units in the high rises and who gets the detached units in their own grounds. Everything about the designs screams control to me. How are people going to be creative and achieve their full potential in a Globalized environment like that where everything is engineered, centralized uniform and controlled by someone else. Already nearly every town and village square in Europe has been pedestrianized and cobbled, by the same company it would seem, cos they all look the same. And what do you do all day in this designed future? You can go to the park,The arts centre, The Schools and universities, The Shops. Then what? Back to the park? What do you do if you personally want to organize say a mini music or community festival or have a big party. Where can you hold it when every bit of available land seems to be designated for some particular purpose by the creators of these new cities. Everything about the designs is constraining, controlling, and limiting. You might just as well be in prison indeed you will be I think. And it would seem all the people living there would have to be veggie cos apart from fish farms there's no mention of any other kind of animal based protein.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Even the starter of this thread found something weird about it. You tell us to buy this car without even having a working model. Lets see a working model. All of us have and will continue to further our developement in free energy, free though, and freedom. But what they purpose is slavey to a system that has no working model, wake up .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have to say that i am finding myself in the middle of the aisle here.

I agree whole heartedly with the abolishment of a world "Debt based" economy that by it's nature promotes greed and corruption in the name of profit, and who's only purpose it to allow to rich to get richer at the expense of their fellow man.

I agree that mankind needs a wakeup call, and needs to see that it is our own blind self-preservation instinct that not only causes us to want to do better then the other guy, but to crush him underfoot so that he never has anything. and thats the problem, it isnt enough for guy A to have more then guy B, guy A has to have EVERYTHING leaving guy B with nothing before guy A can be happy.

I agree that we should be focusing our energy on renewable energy, all forms of energy mentioned in the movie are both excellently efficient, renewable AND viable. we can do all of those things.

On the other hand, while i hope that the venus project and the Zeitgeist movement could and would build a better tommorow. i am leery of any group who advicates the disassembly of a system in favor of THIER system. We could find ourselves trading one form of slavery for another.

Which begs the question, could the changes proposed by the project and the movement be possible without the direct support of both by the people?

can the idividual help the process of change without joining a faction?

can a group of of people effect change as idividuals without forming a group/project/movement/cult. Can we as a people achieve economic "Wage" freedom, or any true social advancement without allying ourselves to a cause? Are those 5 out of 6 steps listed in the movie enough?

That having been stated, i have a few steps to add.

1: STOP SMOKING!!! i cant stress this enough, people will go without food and drink for a day or more if having them means giving up their cigerattes. Tobacco is as addictive as anything, and is still allowed and supported by the government.... isnt that a HUGE red flag? it is one of the most concrete tools of wage slavery.

Ever notice how every drug store has a WALL of tobacco? "Walgreens helps in the fight against cancer..." but we cant fight it if you dont get it

2: stop using high fructose corn syrup, it's almost as bad as tobacco.

3: stop investing in stocks, bonds or anything else that is based on, or secured by, the debt system of the federal reserve, not just the banks listed in the movie... ALL OF THEM. if the first thing you think of when you hear the words "The Fed" on the news are "OMG, whats going to happen to my investments" then you have your money in the wrong place.

4: Convert that money from your investments into physical wealth. The Dollar goes up and down, but an apple fills you up the same everyday. now i'm not saying go buy apples, but put your money into something physical and tangible, something you can see and feel for youself.

if you can afford it, buy land.. even a small amount if you can only afford alittle. If you own land, secure the mineral rights if you can and dont already.

if you cant afford land, invest in gold... bright shiney gold. Gold is for alot more then just jewelery, it is a nessisary component in high end electrical production facilities as it conducts better then copper, invest in platinum too, even if the value of a dollar dies, the world still needs gold.

5: dont take anyones word for it, not the governments, not the UN, the fed, the CIA... or even mine, do the leg work, do the research, find out for yourself, educate yourself and dont disregard anything simply because it wasnt in line with what you were raised to believe.

6: DO NOT be fooled into believing that your church is acting in your best interest, 98% if them are looking after themselves. IF your church does good things for the people (NOT just IT'S people... ALL the people), then support it, if not, find another church... or better yet, talk to God directly, he hears you.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secret Master

On the other hand, while i hope that the venus project and the Zeitgeist movement could and would build a better tommorow. i am leery of any group who advicates the disassembly of a system in favor of THIER system. We could find ourselves trading one form of slavery for another.

I personally agree with everything you said except this. It's not going to be another form of slavery. Because of the way we think and have been brought up to think, it looks like slavery/communism. But because we will bring up children to seek and know about everything from medicine to agriculture and engineering we have then brought out in them what they love to do. We are disassembling a system that dumbs people down, creates and promotes selfdestruction, poisons our food water and air, and cares nothing about you except your dollar. It's not just THEIR system it's our system, one that promotes love and peaceful resolution, an educated society, and for you to do what ever your heart desires as long as it doesnt affect anothers free will. Please look at it for what it truly is and tell me how it is slavery.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Boy,what a powerfull massage !!!! isn't time to open our minds /eyes???it is not that hard to follow someone else's (years of experience and researches) to our future benefit?? we (humans) have done nothing other than destruction,isn't time to change our believes for our benefit as well next generations???how long more we will accept accurance of such events like 2th world war???it is very simple to fortsee the way this slavory system (employee)works,the 3th world war is innavidable???Man,what a fool and poor generation WE are///they have prooven that knowledge IS power,lets hope for sake of humanity,our generation at this very sensetive time,wont close their eyes on that fact and keep pretend nothing has happened//as a human ,it is each of us ethical responsibility to pass on this massage ,lets make the gratest fact of all work its majical way::The word of Mouth is the greatest advertisment.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I've signed up...did so on the 10th.

And what am I doing to help....

All my friends are being informed. I try to mention the video to anyone i find discussing the credit crunch or other finacial problems. I also promote ATS at the same time.

I am currently talking to a group of friends, whom should be signing up with ATS as soon as we get together for me to show them all of this.

I have plans for a lot more things too.

No more will i submit a bank account for my wages to be paid into..they can pay me cash or a cheque...

I dont want a bank account.. being forced to have one is no freedom of choice.

There are a few more tings which I do and plan on....

so watch this space ...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I've signed up...did so on the 10th.

And what am I doing to help....

All my friends are being informed. I try to mention the video to anyone i find discussing the credit crunch or other finacial problems. I also promote ATS at the same time.

I am currently talking to a group of friends, whom should be signing up with ATS as soon as we get together for me to show them all of this.

I have plans for a lot more things too.

No more will i submit a bank account for my wages to be paid into..they can pay me cash or a cheque...

I dont want a bank account.. being forced to have one is no freedom of choice.

There are a few more tings which I do and plan on....

so watch this space ...

Ok we will watch for others to love this system and promote it. I really hope they are not like the congresss who did not read the bill before signing it. Its a form of communisum. Sorry about my spelling, but it really is a form of it. There is NO working model. Who buy a car/home without trying it, this tells you trust us, yeah right. It wants to eradicate religion, nations,culture, and I guess people who disagree with the system. Take your time, go through each word that obiwan tells you. Its not going to happen. You can bank on what I just said, its not going to happen. First we live in a rebublic, and it is a treasonist act to even subvert our form of government without due process.
Even Alex Jones is taking apart what they say about this project. Its a bad system, and its all about controlling you.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth bearer
Please look at it for what it truly is and tell me how it is slavery.

What it truly is, TB, is abunch of pretty words with little to back it up.

As Zman said, it is at this stage, alot of talk with no working model.

They have made alot of talk about change, changing the system, changing the way we think.

But what happens when that change doesnt come? what happens when everyone buys into the venus project, literally as well as mentally, only to find out that they have given everything away with no results.

What happens when the founders of said project pull a bait and switch, and suddenly talk of "Unconditional love & advancement" is tossed out the window once they have the money contributed by those who whole heartedly accept the project. and we find ourselves in an even worse situation. A situation where we are working without pay, because money no longer exists, for meger food and shelter, for a new set of world masters.

Everything they say makes sense, but what guarentee is there that they mean what they say? Hitler made alot of sense to the germans untill he lost. Bush made alot of sense untill we realised we would never leave Iraq. We have been lied to before, we will be lied to again, and they COULD be the next liars.

NOW, this is NOT to say that anything i have stated in this post WILL come to pass, but all of it COULD come to pass. we could find, that after selling our lives to the project, that we have sold our souls to a far worse devil then the Fed. I honestly pray that i am wrong. but 4000+ years of greed, war and corruption in the human race makes me think twice.

This is why i believe that we should support the philosophy of the movement and the project, by the continued boycot of the world banking system, the Fed and the Corpratocracy that it supports, without such a wholesale enbrace of the movement and project, that we give ourselves over blindly.

If the project should advance to a working model phase, and prepare itself for implimination phase, then we should all re-evaluate it and give it the merit it deserves. Untill then, we should be on guard against it as we would any other potential threat.

Remember, we are here to deny ignorance... ignorance is blindly excepting ANYTHING from ANY source, without carefull examination.

Do i believe in what the movement and the project has to say? Sure, they present alot of fact, philosophies and ideas that could only help the people. But are they truly the ethical and responsible people that have the will to make these changes?

Only time will tell.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Secret Master]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Secret Master

Great post, I fully agree with this. I also think that the movie offers the Venus project as an example of a future society that could work rather than something everyone has to beleive in fully to be part of the movement. The main idea is to make people aware that it doesnt have to be like this.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by gonquin]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
basically, the zeitgeist is just another way of saying the worlds
economic system et al... is the world of mammom,

the money changers, the ursury, etc,
aka: synagog of satan

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
For me, ZG:A is a masterpiece, if you join this with 'Politics of fear' and 'The Corporation' it really shows off the dirt we are into.

I read all posts... God, so much info....

Anyway, its being stressed out that:

1) the movement is of areweness;
2) the movement is to outgrow the resource-based so average joe start asking why he pays taxes when 'the others' can live for free;
3) the social actions proposed in ZG:A will start a chain reaction of larger and thus emerging events; (part of the undestanding of our complexity);

The text of the movement is very compelling, and NOT towards a cult.

The first problems will arrive in the beginning of any Venus project clone done anywhere in the world:

P1) Unfortunaly, there is land tax to pay
-Start processing biogas from near town dump, this will get you fuel to sell and pay the taxes, and get any machine to work FOR YOU free (the more dump the better)
-Start a solar system like raw-solar.com... to convert steam to energy. Get a storage presented in here www.nrel.gov...

P2) Unfortunaly, my soil is full of rocks/desert to grow anything
-Use hydroponics. Read about it to exaustion.

P3) Unfortunaly, my water supply is very low.
-Build tanks for rain water. Build a system that wastes minimal and filters water from everywhere;

P4) How people from the market will build our structures?
-They wont. My guess is we need minimum exchange with the market via energy and biogas exchange for materials (salt, concrete,metal).

P5) With a renewable power grid (solar, biogas), with enough food (hydropnics and small animals, wich can contribute to biogas), why people leave their homes with their CDs, DVDs, Movies and Games to live with you for free food, housing and volunteer work?
-They wont. Those are the last people to join or step in. What we need in the start its the think tank of people free of those things.

P6) What if I get sick?
-This is crucial. There must be a teaching hospital with the birth of the resource based economy. Withou it, no one will join.

Can everyone pinpoint all the problems and we discuss solutions?

PS: Im willing to try, because land here (brazil) is cheap.

[]´s

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
basically, the zeitgeist is just another way of saying the worlds
economic system et al... is the world of mammom,

the money changers, the ursury, etc,
aka: synagog of satan

Acually this is not at all what they are saying, remember the lengthy talk about religion?

The synagogue of satan is just another made up faith designed to justify ones actions. as the makers of this film have clearly stated that they intend that all faiths should be cast off, it makes no sense to blame this all on satan.

No, this is the synagogue of Man, who has it in his capacity, to be a far worse demon then the biblical adversary.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi there, first post.

Well, I think the beginning of any Venus project clone will face difficulty on this matters:

1) Health Care.

If anyone gets sick or worst (get cancer or needs special treatment like asma or trombosis), hospitals must be within the first community...

2) Land taxes.

If the objective is 'outgrow' the market economy, there is a problem of maintaining that area private and paid. Maybe a solution is process the dump of all cities nearby in exchange for biogas or land pay... or could get an 'amish' treaty...

3) Producing its own products.

The hard things of the beginning will be like this: we need something that our facilities dont have or the land cant give (minerals) or worse, we dont have any assembly line. Its the 'Lost' paradigm.... after a while the project will become dependent of what lies beneath our lines... you dont see the amish coming for helping out a new v6 engine, ´cause they are set for a rural state of technology... breaking this will be crucial to the project.

Any thoughts on solving those problems?
This can be simulated by a program?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret Master

I wrote a very long detailed reply, but like a nerd, I didn't type in the code before hitting next and it all got wiped out.

So I don't feel like tying everything again but the gist of what I wrote is this:

The Venus Project is a concept. Much like a concept car. Will it be exactly like their illustrations? Probably not. Just like how the cars we drive are, for the most part, much different than what was presented in the concept stage. The same thing goes for their ideas about how it will all run. It is only an idea, a starting point.

Peter Joseph appears to me as someone that is very passionate about what he believes in and feels very strongly that his revelations must be shared. That said, they aren't even his revelations alone. There are hundreds of thousands of people that have sensed many times in their lives exactly what he is trying to explain. He doesn't claim to be 100% right 100% of the time. He even states that we should celebrate when we are found to be wrong because, it brings us closer to evolving our knowledge. "Emergent", is by far, the best "label" I have ever heard of to describe what we are, and is, the way I see it, the entire reason behind the film.

I have concluded that people get angry over this topic because, they are new to this way of thought. For some of us, the film speaks our language, and only further fortifies what we've known for a long time. For others it is simply not the same. We cannot react to those who don't understand with anger. It will only push them further away from seeing what we do. It must be very hard to live your entire existence a certain way, and then have someone point out the dysfunction that is surrounding you. I can imagine that it would be very difficult for people who have lived their whole lives without thinking this way, to suddenly have to admit that they have been deceived. I don't doubt that they take it is a direct attack on their identity. And we should not expect them to drop everything they know over night and join our cause. We must have understanding of this, for lack of a better term, difference in identity.

But be prepared folks. I have no doubt that those who refuse to change for the better, are going to be those we will have to carry on our backs through the transition.

I joined the movement as soon as the site was open.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

I was reading on another websight; some guy living on a commune wrote that he paid something ,a one time fee, that allowed his commune to recieve a pass on paying taxes on the land. It was something involving rights to his land. There are legal loopholes out of paying taxes on land.

In order to be as successful as the Oenieda colony at a minimum a black smith, glass blower, and a farmer would be needed. With these skills in unison a barter arrangement could be set up with a Medical Doctor.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join